New civilization confirmed

Taking into account what we already have assembled and can be reused, the most obvious candidates in order are the following:
-Morocco (almost all the civi is done)
-Italy (we have been asking for it for a long time and there are several things to reuse)
-Korea (you can reuse everything that the Chinese and Japanese bring, in addition to the fact that there is a concept formed with age 2)
-Mexico (to add to the American technology group, since there is only the USA)
-Brazil (also to add to the American technology group)
-Concilio de los tres fuegos, Mapuches and Maya would occupy the last position as a possible candidate, in case they wish to add more native civilians.

13 Likes

no offence but i rather want Persians, Danes and Poles than any of these, in fact id be straight up annoyed with most of these if they got in before the others.

5 Likes

One thing is what you want, and another totally different is what you can do in such a short time with what you already have. I think there are not even tracks, skins or material from some kind of Polish, Danish or Persian in all the game files, even in things that we do not have access but the devs do.

there isnt any korean in game and you cant just reuse chinese and japanese units for a korean faction.

there is also only 1 set of voice lines for the minor civs.

1 Like

I was thinking the same, from all the cultures introduced in legacy, Asia is the one left untouched.

Also Persia is the most requested civ from the community, so that might also play a role in the devs decision making.

3 Likes

I think the new civ will be for free. The developers have not written anything about the new DLC.

In my opinion, there are only two logical options for a new civ:

1. Italians civ - Home City card could be a clue. Compensation for not adding this civ in the vanilla version?
  2. South African civ (Mutapa or Congolese) - a third African Civ, which will be free for DLC owners or for everyone.
3 Likes

Along with this civ, new South African maps and more African Minor Nations (3-5) could join.

2 Likes

seems like Moroccans are coming? not so sure how trustworthy the source is tho.

1 Like

They are already present in Historical Battles. It would be nice to see them, but I think it’s better to get a South African civ (Black Civilization representation) now - the best time for that.

Anything else interesting in the Scenario Editor?

1 Like

dont get me wrong id personally be more interested in Rozvi or Congo but well see, again no idea how reliable this source is.

no idea, found the screenshoot on discord, for all i know this could be modded.

2 Likes

Custom multiplayer scenarios have been possible ever since the legacy game. You can already do this :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

So no this is wrong, it is impossible to include an AI under penalty of seeing the game crash or nothing will happen. In the past I managed a few years ago to play against the AI ​​but I don’t remember how I managed to create this script which allowed me to face it with a friend, during the AI ​​game was just using his colonists but he wasn’t building or producing units, so for that I had to use a per warship script to create units at the AI ​​palce and he and his units could attack, I have never seen a card offered a coop apart from my Aztec card in 2017 which no longer opens for I do not know she is right.

That’s the civ for the Historical Battle scenario.

3 Likes

That would be a lot of new content that I don’t think likely, but it sounds good.

1 Like

I’m hoping Korea would be added to the game too. Definitely the new civ will be Moroccans, they are in the Historical Battles.

2 Likes

I need brazil in this game

6 Likes

Most likely civilizations:

• Moroccans: it would make sense with the African expansion, and they are already present in the game in a very direct way.
  • Italians: This civilization has been in high demand since the launch of AoE 3 vanilla, personally it is one of the civilizations I would most like to see in AoE 3

Moderately likely civilizations:

• Mutapa or Congolese: they are likely, but not as likely as the Moroccans.
  • Korea or Persia: if you plan to add these civilizations one day, they will most likely be with your own DLC theme (Asian theme II maybe?)
  • European civilizations that did not colonize America and / or Africa (Poland, Austria, etc.) - are best suited for a Napoleonic-themed DLC.

Less likely civilizations:

• Native Americans: Compared to other parts of the world, they are already well represented with existing civilizations in AoE 3. Personally I would like them to add the Mayans, Apache or Jivaro (if the latter were added to AoE 3 this year and this month, I would personally enjoy the re-release of Diablo 2 :sweat_smile:)
12 Likes

This is single player game.
Remaining player want DLC or new stuff more than balance.

Forget about competition.

6 Likes

I think both aspects can be kept in mind. Competitive is sometimes frustrating because of the imbalance, but it is something that eventually gets fixed. And new content is always necessary and welcome.

It would be forced. It is against the argument of the game. The US is a special case because it is the host, but many did not like it.

1 Like