New Civs AOE3:DE

I can accept the Ryokan but each Asian civ would need a uniquely named building and that just gets kind of annoying and redundant fast unless each mercenary and outlaw training structure is mechanically different enough for the unique names to matter.

Hmm…maybe call it the “Legation”? Foreign mercenary and outlaw building?

Oh absolutely, in fact I’ve probably got tunnel-vision and just went for a Tavern counterpart - when in actual fact they could probably just have one shared building. The more bespoke names could just be shipments to avoid the convoluted unique names.

2 Likes

Hmm…maybe give all the Asian civs a Mercenary Camps-like card that gives them a unique Legation/Tavern name but keeps the appearance and provides some minor mechanical difference.

Persians and Indians can get the Coffee House. (Persian-style cafés, often serving Portuguese-style pastry items, became very popular in western and northern India, especially in port cities, and even more particularly under the Raj.)

Japanese the Ryokan.

Chinese the Tea House.

And so on.

1 Like

That’s way more complicated than it needs to be.

Japanese teahouses are just as common as Chinese if not more so. Coffee houses are probably too modern and were also a huge deal in Europe. They’re more of a classy establishment so hiring mercenaries there is a bit odd.

Really all you need is a Teahouse and Caravanserai. Teahouses work for all the East Asian civs and Caravanserais work for any Islamic or Indian civs.

3 Likes

That works just as well, I will admit.

And for the love of god, change the Indian Stable from Caravanserai to an actual Stable.

6 Likes

Yes, I don’t request big changes, but these small things really have no need to be there for the asian civs.
Changing the names and splitting the buildings into already more or less existing ones should be more then doable for the Devs if they want to make the change. Especially because a lot of people already have done countless posts and ideas how the things could be done - giving them if needed a lot inspiration.

Some of these things a really low hanging fruits that are easily done, that together however make a crucial change to how you play these civs - in my opinion.
So although I may be irritating with this posts, I sincerely believe that making them less religious is really beneficial for the game experience.

2 Likes

Of course, I think they will eventually do it if they include an Asian DLC, just as they did the Ottoman and Russian reworks in the European DLC…

Hey Guys. I just figured out. In the coop missions have now the marroccan and the barbarestic states included, right where you join the mission. Is that a hint for the next civs and do you think they are going do release these civs within a few weeks. Makes sense to keep it relevant?

1 Like

You mean Algiers (Barbary Pirates) and Battle of the Three Kings (Moroccans) got reworked? We already knew.

2 Likes

The same, I don’t see the Barbary States as a new civ, since they were Ottoman protectorates…

1 Like