New civs for the next DLC (POLL)

You sound like you might be interested in the Rome at War mod, a total conversion mod for AoE2 DE aiming to bring back a number of civilizations from antiquity.

2 Likes

I would have voted for both Africa and America if I could.

Still waiting for more than one architecture set in both regions. Thereā€™s tons of potential there.

5 Likes

We got 2 DLCs last year. I wish we get another this year. After all, it has been said that 2022 will be busier than 2021.

4 Likes

Four civis in two dlcs last year and four civis in one dlc this year.So unlikely another will come this year.

new civ Swiss.
area Switzerland.
split the Teutons and make the Swiss.
Swiss.

1 Like

You have written a Haiku my friend.

Swiss Swiss Swiss.

Just play Chinese or Cumans and go for UU, youā€™ll get your swiss cheese after you shower the enemy with arrows.

1 Like

Three and half but yeah, You got a point. Didnā€™t think like that.

Lombards is a better name for currently Italians civ than Genoa (because itā€™s the road to the infinity of Italian civs), but I am of the opinion that this name does not need to be changed because the Sicilians are strongly individuality separate from the northern Italians and the Venetians have their own individuality.

2 Likes

Wealth of the Emperors DLC

Brand new civs:

1. Bavarians (South German civ umbrella - Austria, Bavaria, Swabia)
  2. Saxons (North German Civ umbrella - Saxony, Westphalia, Brandenburg)
  3. Swiss

Teutons (after German DLC)

It would be nice if the Teutons civ got the Crusader Knight as their second Unique Unit.

Alternative for Swiss

Alternatively, the Swiss would be included in the Bavarian civ (South German umbrella civ) and their place would be replaced by the Swedes civ (including the Ugric peoples - Finns, Estonians, Karelians and Sami).

2 Likes

Sorry for the poor quality but I did it quickl

4 Likes

Except wouldnā€™t Saxon and Bavarians be swapped colors? also - Teutons are not the Teutonic Order. nor does the game have Political or Military Organizations.

8 Likes

The Teutonic Order and the Livonian Order were the countries in which the Prussians and the Baltic Germans lived. They created a separate culture and a civilization based on strong militarism.

1 Like

You are so obsesed with the idea that Teutons are only the Teutonic Order when theres so many reasons to think they are not.

I would rather have Teutons represent Swabia than making them represent a Crusader Order since crusader orders arent civilizations

11 Likes

After all, you can see with the naked eye that Teutons civ is the Teutonic Orderā€¦

Teutons civ have nothing to do with Bavaria, Saxony, Brandenburg, Westphalia, the Hanseatic League, Swabia, Hesse, Thuringia and many other German regions and nations!

TEUTONS CIV ARE TEUTONIC ORDER!!!

1 Like

Yes, they absolutely did create a dominant, unique militaristic culture. Far later in the timeline than I think youā€™re accounting for. I donā€™t think the game covers past 1600, when that Prussian culture became much more than just an ideaā€¦

During the bulk of the Medieval Age, however, the Teutonic Knights were drawn from all across the HRE and considered themelves Germans in general, not separate at all. Youā€™re also forgetting that the term ā€œTeutonā€ is literally a Latin term for German, that being the basis upon their choice of name in the first place.

Wrong. As stated above, the Order drew upon the knights from every region of the HRE. Every. Single. One. I donā€™t understand how thatā€™s so hard to realizeā€¦

6 Likes

Really? so why isnā€™t the flag of Teutons the Teuton cross?

a strong farming bonus for the people who literally invented the heavy plow has nothing to do with germanic people?

6 Likes

Honestly if any Germanic people was missing it would be the one that was the most different. And to me the lost different is definitely Vandals if only because of itā€™s not very European location, a great navy and possibly camel access.
You can even fit it in an African expansion certainly more logically than Portugal.

Regarding the question of whether the Teutonic civilization is a German civilization, I think Microsoft has answered in 1999 through Barbarossa as the campaign of the Teutons.

9 Likes

You can even fit it in an African expansion certainly more logically than Portugal.

Yes although I would rather see purely African civilisations in an African Expansion, just to maximise the civs added to a very underepresented (and incredibly fascinating) area (sub-Saharan Africa).

3 Likes