New Civs?

I would like to see Franc and other new civilisations (german tribes, slavic tribes, Nordic …)
Could be great in a extended version.

Also I would like to see this civ added.
They once inhabited the land I’m from. And they’ve got some cool history with the Romans :stuck_out_tongue:

• Incans (so we could have at least one from the other continent) ~ maybe add aztecs or mayans too for potential campaigns?
  • Atlantis, but it technically didn’t exist haha.

it would be nice though to have at least one civilization as “savages”, Very useful for custom scenarios. Maybe they could be some sort of gaias otherwise…

@EachGymnast8519 said:

That’s what they want you to think. Wake up! :stuck_out_tongue:

@EachGymnast8519 said:

Plato does reference Atlantis in 590 BC. Unfortunately, this is the only historical reference to Atlantis, and it is unclear whether Plato is referring to Atlantis in a philosophical way or a historical way. Atlantis may be worth including if we had more information or could piece together more information (conjectural) about the society and military makeup of the civilization.

It does not help that Geologists have been unable to find or surmise a location for this lost island.

I think native Americans would be a great addition if only the major or large Indian nations

@EachGymnast8519 said:

• Incans (so we could have at least one from the other continent) ~ maybe add aztecs or mayans too for potential campaigns?

it would be nice though to have at least one civilization as “savages”, Very useful for custom scenarios. Maybe they could be some sort of gaias otherwise…

Aztecs dont exist in the timeframe.
Mayans would becrepresentate by Pre classic and Classic period. Probably based in Tikal.

Then Olmec !!! haha

I’d definitely love to see more civilizations added in the game. Olmecs seem interesting.
Maybe adding more Italian civilizations would be cool as well, but that might be too much, probably.

@ImpactedRat1312 said:
I’d definitely love to see more civilizations added in the game. Olmecs seem interesting.
Maybe adding more Italian civilizations would be cool as well, but that might be too much, probably.
Samnites , Etruscans…

@Augustusman said:

@ImpactedRat1312 said:
Samnites , Etruscans…

Etruscans are featured in an unofficial mod. Samnites, Umbrians and Oscans would be great, indeed.

If they plan to add new Civs…

I would like to see India being represented. Being one of the oldest civilizations, it was weird that it didnt make it in Aoe1 or ROR. Even when China, Japan and Korea were there.
It would certainly make it more popular in india if its done.

Could have Mauryans, with a campaign related to the Alexander invasion. Or a campaign about King Ashoka’s rise to power.

Hopefully they’ll bring Greek and Egyptian back. Or at least save them for Age of Mythology 2 :slight_smile:

If they release a “barbarian” cultures dlc with the sea people, germans, celts and scythes or sarmatians and other “civilized” cultures dlc with the indians and mitanni/siryans would be awesome. The only problem is that create so many civilizations without make them see unique among them would be dificult because of the lack of elements like the unique units and the limits in the small tech trees.

@sobao said:
If they release a “barbarian” cultures dlc with the sea people, germans, celts and scythes or sarmatians and other “civilized” cultures dlc with the indians and mitanni/siryans would be awesome. The only problem is that create so many civilizations without make them see unique among them would be dificult because of the lack of elements like the unique units and the limits in the small tech trees.

Rise of Rome brought 5 new technologies, 3 new units and 4 new civ. Giving new units and technologies to both old and new civilizations. Same can be done again.

There already is unique units: Rome & Choson swordsmen, Greek & Macedonian Hoplite, Summerian & Hittite catapults and Minoan Composite Bowman.
All of those units can bend the usability and flexibility further than the basic units can.

@pate623 said:

@sobao said:

Rise of Rome brought 5 new technologies, 3 new units and 4 new civ. Giving new units and technologies to both old and new civilizations. Same can be done again.

There already is unique units: Rome & Choson swordsmen, Greek & Macedonian Hoplite, Summerian & Hittite catapults and Minoan Composite Bowman.
All of those units can bend the usability and flexibility further than the basic units can.

Yes, but i mean unique units like in AOE 2.

@sobao said:

@pate623 said:

@sobao said:

Yes, but i mean unique units like in AOE 2.

Wait a new game, this stay as the original. Sorry friend.

I know, but what I say is that without unique units like in AoE2 the differences between civilizations is lower.
With that said, I dont want to be implemented unique units to the DE of the first game because that would change the game completely.

@pate623 said:

@sobao said:

Then indeed adding new units and tech could help to diversify civilizations but also to balance the game.

@Augustusman said:

@ImpactedRat1312 said:
Samnites , Etruscans…

In the same way they could also add more Greeks civilizations : Athens, Sparta… (because such city-states were strong during antic Greece). But I fear that would be like adding several celtic or german tribes : too specific and thus loose strength and impact as civilizations.

Yes because this about civilizations, not factions.