New DLC?

If anything that this game needs is a Barbarian Invasion Expansion

2 Likes

Global update! YEEEEEEEEEEEEES!!!

2 Likes

I think it’s even the biggest update since the release of DE (which is absolutely fantastic!). I hope there also will be frequent updates in the future.

3 Likes

Unfortunately less necessary changes than expected. The chariot nerve hurts. But I’m glad that the game is being taken care of after all. Let’s hope that the next update won’t take another year.

4 Likes

Awsome update!

Still in hope for:

• Easy drag military units
  • Flare
  • Unfinished buildings that are part of a control group will no longer prevent the use of hotkeys to create units.

The only balance change that i dont agree much is the -1 attack for ele archer. :slight_smile:

4 Likes

Babylonians
Decreased the bonus hp of walls and towers from +75% to +60% hp

Shang
Reduced the civilization bonus to Wall hp from +75% to +60% hp

I hope they can just change the hp wall bonus for shang and find something totally new for replace it,i allways feel its sad that two civ share the exact same bonus .

4 Likes

Yes, its a little bit lame

1 Like

Minoan Farm Bonus says hi

Would be nice if in the future they also fixed the wildly inappropriate historical leader lists for the AI, as I mentioned here: AI Player lists (Historical Leaders) Macedon’s list has Hippocrates (a physician) and various kings of Syracuse on it, for God-knows-what-reason.

2 Likes

It will most likely be an Enhanced Graphics Pack, because these two strings have never been used before)

4 Likes

Oh no… These strings are new and with the last update they aimed to reduce the file size of the game. So this means that the new DLC will actually be an Enhanced Graphics Pack containing the x4 graphics, which makes the file size of the base game even smaller. This also explains why the new DLC is “Free on Demand”. That’s sad.

4 Likes

Yes. I meant the word “new”, the translator translated it incorrectly :frowning:

1 Like

That’s dissapointing if it’s just a UHD DLC.

1 Like

Is apparently confimred

@moderators, The unnamed DLC seems to be just an upcoming UHD texture pack so looks like this thread won’t have more sense, do you think is ok closing it?

5 Likes

any update on this leak? I was hoping for some new aoe1 stuff

4 Likes

No, in my understanding the graphics update had the effect that the graphics now received a compression or higher compression. So the game became smaller and more playable for weaker PCs. I could also switch on the 4x graphics and the game shrunk from 16 to 12 GB.

Correct me if I am wrong.

Many greetings.

3 Likes

The new DLC can be the Beyond the Indus expansion.

2 Likes

lol what? Care to elaborate?

i think the biggest issue is, most players with viewership are based in vietnam so they dont really bother anymore… and its showing. right now with AOE4 and thats also a flop so I think they’d probably invest more into what would grab market the most (the biggest game with esport presence?)

at least we got people trying to make semi-remake of AOE1DE in AOE2