New DLC?

There is another route they could take in the future, which could satisfy many of the wishes of the community and especially those who prefer AoE2 but with the setting of AoE: an optional DLC for AoE DE which changes/adds most of the functionality and features of AoE2. Not having it enforced is the way to go, for that will certainly drive away hardcore fans (purists if you will). The keyword being optional. It would require a tremendous amount of work - I really don’t see anything like this happening soon however.

Better yet, one should simply download your mod and play AoE2 DE, since you filled this void :slight_smile:

1 Like

You are right. All I really hope for is that AOE1 gets some love, regardless in what way.

I’d still like to say that AOE1 plays great in the new engine. Being able to command phalanxes in formations is really a great thing. :slight_smile:

I hope that I find the time to finish my mod some day.

3 Likes

I’m a purist myself. I like the game as true to the original as possible. Only thing I wish are the bug fixes. Rest is fine.

Yeah… I’m dying to test the Closed Beta (and I’m also curious about the other secret builds) and provide actual feedback. My heart was broken when I realised that being an Insider wasn’t enough :slightly_frowning_face:

1 Like

Same bro. Bug fixes and some new features such as flare and new maps would be great. Also multiplayer lobby needs an upgrade. Gotta fix rating system as well, its broken atm. A good rating system is very important for multiplayer.
Microsoft, make a DLC and i will give you my money bros!

4 Likes

Hope new mod spectator XD

If anything that this game needs is a Barbarian Invasion Expansion

2 Likes

Global update! YEEEEEEEEEEEEES!!!

2 Likes

I think it’s even the biggest update since the release of DE (which is absolutely fantastic!). I hope there also will be frequent updates in the future.

3 Likes

Unfortunately less necessary changes than expected. The chariot nerve hurts. But I’m glad that the game is being taken care of after all. Let’s hope that the next update won’t take another year.

4 Likes

Awsome update!

Still in hope for:

• Easy drag military units
  • Flare
  • Unfinished buildings that are part of a control group will no longer prevent the use of hotkeys to create units.

The only balance change that i dont agree much is the -1 attack for ele archer. :slight_smile:

4 Likes

Babylonians
Decreased the bonus hp of walls and towers from +75% to +60% hp

Shang
Reduced the civilization bonus to Wall hp from +75% to +60% hp

I hope they can just change the hp wall bonus for shang and find something totally new for replace it,i allways feel its sad that two civ share the exact same bonus .

4 Likes

Yes, its a little bit lame

1 Like

Minoan Farm Bonus says hi

Would be nice if in the future they also fixed the wildly inappropriate historical leader lists for the AI, as I mentioned here: AI Player lists (Historical Leaders) Macedon’s list has Hippocrates (a physician) and various kings of Syracuse on it, for God-knows-what-reason.

2 Likes

It will most likely be an Enhanced Graphics Pack, because these two strings have never been used before)

4 Likes

Oh no… These strings are new and with the last update they aimed to reduce the file size of the game. So this means that the new DLC will actually be an Enhanced Graphics Pack containing the x4 graphics, which makes the file size of the base game even smaller. This also explains why the new DLC is “Free on Demand”. That’s sad.

4 Likes

Yes. I meant the word “new”, the translator translated it incorrectly :frowning:

1 Like

That’s dissapointing if it’s just a UHD DLC.

1 Like

Is apparently confimred