New effect for the Huns' UT Ateism

I posted this in few topics and I think it is fun idea:

Atheism - allow player to steal part of enemy relic incom (10, maybe 20%)

2 Likes

I think it’s difficoult to implement, also, 10/20% of 1g every 2s it’s a negletable effect.

It could be though, that you slow down the gold generation of the enemy relics, like instead of 1g every 2s it would be 1g every 3 or 4 seconds.

1 Like

just an option… what about if we consider the places where huns are weak, and try and fill that? for example huns vs inca…

1 Like

I like the idea above of atheism affection enemy relics.

1. Uppon researchung atheism the enemy tram gets reduced relic income equal to the inverse of the aztec bonus. So atztek teambonus affected by atheism gets the normal amount of gold and without Aztek the relic income is reduced below the normal.

2. If additionaly the lost relic gold would be granted to the huns it would be even better because then the researching player actually has a benefit and not just disrupting the enemy (which is bad game design atleast from my boardgame experience)

In the case of 2. The gold reduction to the enemy should be lower than in case of only 1.

If paper money was to grant the effect of 1 relic, then the new atheism should not affect the new paper money…

1 Like

Who talked about paper money, that tech is fine as it is.

Nah it could be even a bit less, so that the aztechi bonus still have a bit of an effect.

Well, in late game disrupting the enemy gold eco it have a huge impact, especially if you consider that huns already are one of the best 1v1 civ.
As for transfer the gold to huns player, I think that it’s difficult to implement, since it wouldn’t be simply a gold trickle, but it would depend on how many relics the enemy have, and he could always ungarrison them, and the Huns player wouldn’t receive any gold.

I can’t imagine it being etremly difficult to implement. All you have to do is add a reverse aztec team bonus with a negative effect and triggered by atheism instead of atztez tram bonus. At everypoibt the atztec team bonus is used the hub tech needs to be added in the code.

Secondly we need a integer that counts the total relics of a team. Should be simple enough by adding up the counter of the single players.
then at the code the athtek team bonus is at for the hub player only we need to increase the gold income by number of enemy relics * stolen gold rate * maybe atztek bonus.

It can’t be too hard but it seems this old game isn’t as simple codes as one would assume without having seen it

No more access to monastery but immune to conversion as passive. Add a new unique technology

A think that a good replacemet could be “Pillage” that eneable tarkans loot gold by hitting buildings as keshiks loot gold from hitting units

1 Like

Mmm, the problem is that you could just let you Tarkans “farm” gold on buildings like walls or houses, that’s why they limited the effect of the keshiks to only the units.

But maybe, if it is limited to only some buildings (like markets, monasterys, TC, castles…) it could be a good idea…
It could even keep the same name, if we make it related to the monasterys.
Or it could have an effect similar to the keshiks, just less consistent, but maybe it could affect other cavalry units too… no maybe that too OP.

1 Like

Personally, I don’t care for any buffs for huns. They are good enough on so many different setups right off the bat (RM, TG, DM, TDM, most custom maps and gamemodes etc.), just boring to see them picked everywhere. Its an easy civ, hence should also come at the expense of a proper handicap at times.

People need to realize WHY Ateism being such a piece of trash tech hasnt been balanced in 20 years.
The reason is because at least 15 of those 20 years Huns have been hands down the top 3 civ in any open map. Even before Tarkans were buffed.
Now that other civs have gotten buffs, Huns have lost the spotlight, but they are still a powerhouse in open maps. Also Huns have decent late game options (FU and faster production Paladin and Tarkans, siege ram, cheapest CA and skirms only lacking ring armor, halbs).
As for the tech, is hard to think something for it. Because giving some kind of gold reward for destroying things sounds a lot like the Keshiks. Also it cant be something too overpowered like that.
Maybe first we should change the name of the tech for something like Pillagers which fits better the Huns theme. And then it could be something like giving 5-10 extra dmg against against houses, villagers and TCs, so you can pop-cap and raid the eco of your enemy faster in late game.

I don’t want to buff them, yes they are good, but they have a useless UT, because they affect an aspect of the game that it’s never used.

I like that idea, maybe 10% less or you could get 5% of the generated relic gold.

Whatever it is, atheism is useless as it is now.

1 Like

To go back to the original topic of the post, I think atheism is useless on team game but rather OP in 1vs1 games. I don’t know about other people, but I have used it time and time again after raiding and picking off enemy’s villagers. Cost a lot of gold but if you can see every move that your enemy is doing, this definitely is a huge advantage usually.
I agree with other people that Hun are already quite formidable in current form and don’t need a buff. But I feel like tarkan still need a little buff, considering its price. (keishik and leitis got discounts in more recent patches. Tarkan are now more expensive than both doesn’t perform as well in combat). But not like generating gold or attack bonus of any sort but on combat stats. Currently Tarkan is a one trick pony. Some will argue Tarkan can pick off archers and skirmishers but Hun has paladins and paladins can do this better than Tarkan.
But on the flip side, if tarkan if buffed, they can be easily massed from stable by using marauders. For balance purpose, marauders need to replace with something else as well. Instead of marauders, make tarkan move faster or attack faster? Generating gold from attacking certain buildings is off the menu as your enemy can easily delete relatively non-essential buildings, like houses, blacksmiths, universities etc. I assume nobody will delete field army to deny keishik generating gold though. Lol
But as for atheism, I think a late imperial age eco upgrade might be a good idea as their army composition is gold intensive and easily goes down when run out of gold. Get some gold for every enemy villager killed?