New Expansion DLC: Dawn of the Dukes

A new expansion will be released, which will focus on Eastern Europe. It’s coming this summer!

Discuss!

27 Likes

The expansion is going to take place in Eastern Europe. We will get new civs and campaigns. Really hyped !

22 Likes

I know Poland deserve a civ, but cmon, give me some civs outside Europe!

17 Likes

Poland, Bohemia and Georgia are my guesses.

11 Likes

No new civs were confirmed, only campaigns.

9 Likes

this is a chance for wallachia to shine! Hopeflly they add the vlachs

3 Likes

I am guessing we will get 2 new Civs, just like with Lords of the West.

Perhaps Poles and Rus? :thinking:

3 Likes

Guesses if it’s just two civs like the Lords of the West.

16 Likes

Almost sure new civs will come. Every DLC had some.

4 Likes

I’m guessing 3 just because there are three spots.

As you can hear only new “Campaigns” has been announced. No new civs I guess.
New civs are always a hot cake in AOE2. There is no way that they will hide that imo.

6 Likes

Makes me wonder why they didn’t include it as marketing, since new civs are a big selling factor for many players. I suppose the next DLC will be campaigns only.

1 Like

Hey I’m always excited for new AOE2 content! Let’s go!

And I’m sure this means new Civs. When has an expansion not meant new civs? They may not have announced the civs yet because they aren’t ready.

7 Likes

I will wait for a sale then if I’m going to buy it 11

1 Like

I think Bohemians and Poles are pretty much confirmed.

Also, it is clear that from now onwards we will have smaller DLC with two civs and campaigns to keep the game going all year around.

5 Likes

I hope they add new features like a new generic unit or building. We havent got any real big things added to the old civs (beyond balance) since Forgotten Empires

8 Likes

What is your source for that? I have read nothing about any new civs. The most obvious for the DLC would be a Lithuanian campaign, but the historians on this forum will probably know more about the scenarios.

1 Like

I’d prefer that a lot over new civs honestly (like arson and arrowslits)

2 Likes

In the presentation tonight they said “new campaigns and much more” so I’m pretty sure it will include civs.

Generally, it is clear that they have moved from a big DLC once a year, to two smaller DLCs every six months.

4 Likes

Pretty hyped to see some new support for even the other games. I was just expecting AOE 4’s info