New Expansion DLC: Dawn of the Dukes

I don’t know what much more could else mean in the context of a DLC. Battle Royale was a disaster.

Still, civs are usually a VERY big selling factor, why would they keep quiet about it? Taking into consideration that the general opionion about LotW was “good campaigns, bad civs” I believe they will double down on the good campaigns.

Also where did you get the info for Bohemians and Poles?

Would surely include extra civs and/or diversifying some of them, such as the Slavs. Either way, hype hype hype.

I generally play campaigns for the most part so I can’t wait. Good event all around but poor AoE1…

3 Likes

Dukes ( Grand Dukes) should suggest Russians and Lithuanians. Lithuanians we got. My guess is Lithuanian campaign plus Poles and some sort of Russians may be Moscovians or smth like that.

1 Like

Nah, Dukes probably is Poland and something else Slavic, probably Bohemians. The Slavs we have feel very Russian in their description, UU and wonder.

4 Likes

I know slavs represent Russians quite well but thats my guess. Technicly Poles and Bohemians had Kings.

2 Likes

I hope its Wends over two different West Slavic civs

they might add templars or some teutonic order:

We can clearly see teutons there but still

1 Like

I am excited :slight_smile: I hope for new civs because announcing just new campaigns as full priced DLC is not sufficient in my opinion.

5 Likes

They were two prominent Duchies in the Medieval Era and they are in Eastern Europe.

Just because the Sicilians and the Burgundians are not very popular it does not mean that the next DLC will be a campaign only DLC. New civs are a major selling point for DLC.

2 Likes

They said campaigns and much more, not only campaigns

2 Likes

Well I think that we see the Tuetonic architecture (so probably them fighting the Lithuanians/Poles) and the other architecture (Celts, Franks, ets.) would be what? Maybe the Poles? Also selling the campains as a seperate product seems of to me

Second screenshot is from Grand Dukes campaign, 6th Scenario

1 Like

First of all, there is nothing confirmed, so you can keep your hopes up, but don’t be disappointed if there won’t be any new civs. Also I’ve checked every DLC that came out for aoe2 and ALL of them start with “X new civilisations!” followed by “X new campaigns!”. It makes no sense to change that pattern when civs are the most exciting thing in the game for a lot of players. We just have to wait for the official written announcement (just like LotW) with all the details.

1 Like

That image is from 4th Burgundian Campaign.

If it is three, it will probably be Bohemians, Poles and Serbo-croats or Romanians.

I would actually prefer:

Wends (Bohemians and Poles), Serbo-Croats and Romanians. It would be a perfect eastern Europe DLC for my own tastes.

2 Likes

There is a lot to choose from, but I agree with @ Szaladon: Poland, Bohemia and Georgia

I wonder how many more European civilizations can be added :thinking:

1 Like

I hope not. We don’t need more steppe lancers.

I hope if those two are added slavs get renamed to Rus or Ruthenians

4 Likes

Georgia as a civ is also very much welcome!

5 Likes

SotL just basically leaked two civs even though they did not mention it during the video. He probably has access to information because I doubt that he made this video in 30 minutes and posted it.

5 Likes