New gameplay mechanics in Age of Empires 4

Yes, they are mentioned in this video: Age of Empires 4 - Official Gameplay Trailer - YouTube

2 Likes

I tried to compare (AoE 2 DE) with (AoE 4) it turned out like this.

And look at the soldiers, they have not been pumped yet, but a castle and a university have been erected there, does this mean that in the frame (possible)-(age 3).

6 Likes

Can someone send me the beta I didn’t get it

3 Likes

The Mongols will also have monks.

4 Likes

(A little about the dynasty system).
china

china1

1 Like

I will miss the drawn art icons of the older games. :sob:

3 Likes

Yeah!
Me too :worried: worried:

2 Likes

I’m even used to them, well, I’ll somehow get over myself.

I’m still not sure if these are scientists since you write - ((In the above image we can see three Scholars in the top right and in the bottom left the highlighted 3 must indicate the number of Scholars NOT engaged in research activities)). This is not so, there are 7 more monks there.

In total, there are 10 of them and this does not fit your description.

2 Likes

I was interested in the legendary character of the Mongols (Khutulun Mongol princess), her skills are fireworks that accelerate, increase damage and restore health.

Khutulun-Chakha, Khutulun Chagan (c. 1260 - c. 1306) - daughter of Khaidu, the Mongol ruler in Central Asia, great-granddaughter of Ogedei-kaan, great-great-granddaughter of Genghis Khan.

From re-watching a few of the clips around it looks like archers/crossbowmen will pill out a melee weapon if engaged in close combat which I think is awesome.

Don’t have time to throw up a picture here but I noticed it in a clip where some swordsmen were fighting crossbowmen on a wall

6 Likes

3:34
An archer that was a few seconds earlier shooting with a bow is now fighting with a knife.

4 Likes

(Indeed, archers will now fight hand-to-hand with a small knife).

lychnikk

1 Like

that shot could be used aswell to show another mechanic which is very interesting to me.
Foot soldiers can climb broken walls. This suggests that walls need something to offer your untis to get on there, yet I didnt see any ladders (whih would be a nice addition to siege btw) Nor any stairs inside the walls.

Therefore we can assume that you can only get troops up and down walls from certain points like gates - and mybe towers.
Which is an interesting mechanic as you need to think about placing the gates and towers much more carefully now if you want easy access for all wall troops.

2 Likes

i hope will not be like aoe 3 mechanic. The changes range-melee dmg it’s a problem for micro game. If its just an animation and de dmg is the same, it will be able and easy to recognize and control the composition’s units

1 Like

tbh it SHOULD make a difference if your archers have to fight in melee. It should be included in your tactics imo.
It simply makes sense not to use arrows to hurt someone you could punch in the face

8 Likes

Of course it take more realism for the art part, but the mechanic part is a problem because there are more stats to considerate in the battles. I m not agree in the dmg and atk speed changes in that case, but on the animation part i am. Its pretty and realistic.

1 Like

Personally I want there to be a change in damage, damage type, attack speed etc.

Adds more counterplay to archers and is not really very hard to handle. If your Archer doesn’t have their vow out, they are most likely doing less damage. And allows melee units to possibly stop a group of ranged targeting some of your own units.

Also allows for some unique archers to potentially be better skilled in melee than other archers.

7 Likes

You right. I m just scared for all the stats from aoe 3 which made counterplay mechanics something like puzzle games. Im only see the competitive part :v

2 Likes

I saw on someone else’s post some where tiny little wooden doors on sections that the wall towers are on. So I assume when you place a tower that’s where units can get up to the wall.

1 Like