New gameplay mechanics in Age of Empires 4

With the release of the new trailer, we were shown more ships and found (an English fishing boat).
ag3
Shown here is the Navy (Abbasid Dynasty).

Then the ships (Abbasid Dynasty) attacked the fleet (Delhi Sultanate) and in the same screenshot you can see what kind of shells the ships are firing.

And finally, I saw how the Chinese fleet was fighting the English fleet.

1 Like

And it is also possible this is a coincidence, but nevertheless these soldiers and the ahetikura of the fortress look like (Russia). What do you think?

7 Likes

ye these are Russian soldiers

Also it looks like Russia in the gold highlight thing

2 Likes

(French).

(Abbasid Dynasty).

1 Like

From what we see, it seems that naval warfare before the entering of gunpowder, it’s still based on throw some arrows and some harpoon…so sadly it seems based just on “spam units”.
Not fire arrows not boardings, and no sign of strategies…:confused:

1 Like

I HOPE that stuff wont come. Naval warfare must stay as basic as land warfare. Easy knowledgebale counter for everything.

I will assume fire ships return though, otherwise the early counterplay will seem somewhat dull^^

1 Like

Found another siege machine in England civ (Organ gun).
organ

8 Likes

that’s a very pretty arrow you drew. I like the shading :smiley:

6 Likes

This would be a huge boost to the readability in combat. :smiley:

Nah, iam just joking… :smiley:

1 Like

Perhaps this is the entrance from where the soldiers enter the wall.

10 Likes

Yeah i think so too…
When you look closer on a screenshot with a gatehouse you can spot an entrance too.

So i think the devs use this mechanic to prevent abusing walls as a kind of “single bowman tower”.

You need to construct a gatehouse or tower to make the wall accessible.

3 Likes

Do you know if units will be able to enter many buildings like in AoE II?

1 Like

You mean garrison units? If that’s what you mean then yes, the game almost certainly will have the ability to garrison units in town centers, castles, and towers.

4 Likes

In face we have already seen that in the gameplay trailer when the Mongol gold mine was attacked. But it showed that the garrison capacity in the tower was 3 and not 5 like it is in AoE2.

1 Like

It is, but it is possible that the size will grow with the transition to the next age (since the Mongols will have 4 age).

NEWS tomorrow

6 Likes

But this is already interesting. :star_struck:

There are a lot of interesting things in this screenshot, I hope you will help me figure it out.

3 Likes

(Transport ships).

3 Likes