New Minor Civs for South America

The same as with the African, US and Mexican civilizations, money. :face_with_raised_eyebrow:

I did not know that people only buy civilizations that correspond to their countries. :roll_eyes::unamused:

Out of courtesy, I’m going to ask you to stop diverting the original topic. New Minor Civs for South America

New Minor Civs for South America
I propose that the developers rework the old minor civilizations so that they can compete with the new ones.

I would like to propose new ones, but I think there are people who have proposed all the ones that interest me :laughing:

4 Likes

Oh, I looked them up and they could show up in Patagonia, Gran Chaco, Pampas and Pampas Sierras.

And why would that be wrong?

I’d also like to see a map based on the Cerrado, with Guaraní natives and maned wolf guardians and pets (as part of treasures, getting them through natives is really weird).

I’d also remove the Tupi technology that gives pet Pumas.

5 Likes

Nor can we forget the Tehuelches :smile:

patoruzu

4 Likes

Can’t forget what I didn’t know :wink:
Anyway, thank you for the knowledge.

Also, Patagonia and Amazon could probably be split into more maps.

3 Likes

Hehe, I understand.

The Tehuelches were legendary in their time, the Portuguese described them as “giants” and they took that reputation for much of the colonial era. They also had a violent war against the Spanish for over 100 years (the Spanish never conquered them).

Tierra de Patagones

The Tehuelche territory was claimed by the Spanish Empire, but was never conquered.

4 Likes

Now I really want to see them in the game. Unfortunately I never learned much about American natives in school despite living in Brazil.

5 Likes

My particular theory is that the developers will sooner or later do something similar to the new dlc but in South and Central America. There is still hope that they will add new minor civilizations and more maps for Central and South America. :smile:

1 Like

Maybe they’ll split the Caribs into the pre-existing Caribs plus Arawaks.

3 Likes

For Spanish-speaking people, perhaps this video will be interesting. A narrative of contact with the Tehuelches

(as I said before, I like horror and history themes :laughing:)

2 Likes
                           PulperĂ­as

Were the central-southamerican taberns, present in rural areas where people gather to drink, eat, buy things, socialize, play games, (ocasionally fight with knives), play guitar and watch roosters fights
Can fit in many maps but are dependant on the region to have their unit, those maps should have more cattle to find

Unit
X unit = Comanchero-vaquero-gaucho-cuerudo-llanero-morochuco-jagunço
All can gather food from herdables and train cows (age II)
PeĂłn; A villager that can garrison in a economic building to temporarily maximice its eficiency for 1 time (limit of 1 peĂłn for TP)
Techs
Potreros; Gives aura to fat faster the cattle (when moving) near the X unit (age II)
A life of Endurance; The X unit gains +Hp when near the cattle (age III)
Distinct brand; The cattle trained by the X unit is harder to capture by the enemy, also give a longer line of sight to the X unit (age III)

1 Like
                Rework of the Jesuits Mission (for America only)

Put them in Andes, Pampas, Pampas Sierras and AmazonĂ­a
Remove the Conquistador unit
Units
Misson
Mission Father; Low HP unit, heals and builds Trading Post, can supervise to reduce the time construction of buildings at expense of food per second
Techs
The old techs remains the same
Craftsmanship; Reduce the cost of wood in buildings
Indigenous knowledge; Your villagers moves faster and gather resources slightly faster
Defense of the Missions; (big button) Transform all your TP’s in stone fortresses-like buildings, give them attack range that shoots musket and arrows (2 attacks per round)

2 Likes

Conquistador could be reworked into an outlaw/mercenary unit

Either way, I always found it weird how you get Conqs through Jesuits.

1 Like

Guardians and treasures
Marauding CharrĂșa, Vagabond Gaucho, Huaquero Conquistador, Ambushing Blowgunner, Pirate Payagua (water), Renegade Privateer (water)
Animal; Karaja monkey, jurumi, kuriju (water)
Treasures
Hornerito house, harpy eagle feather, urutau song, piraña location (xp)

si los conquistaron, ese un pequeño dato histórico y esos 100 años mas que de combates fue por que cuando los españoles se iban de la zona se revelaban y vuelta a empezar, hasta que les empezaron a dar buenos escarmientos y ahí se quedaron tranquilos.

I’d love personally some of these as playable civs. Muisca, Mapuche, Guarani and Jivaro would all be great.

4 Likes

The Jesuits also carried out military missions, I propose that the Jesuits have 2 units: the conqueror and Mission Father

2 Likes

I’ve been testing the new DLC, and I find it fascinating how they managed to fit chivalrous ideas into gameplay mechanics in AoE 3.

The concept of chivalric principles being translated as some kind of “spiritual” and “fantastic” effect reminded me that AoE 3 is closer to AoM than AoE 2 itself and this is due to the Native American civilizations, let’s be honest , in AoE 3 the Native Americans (at least the tribal ones) remedy their technological and organizational deficiencies with some kind of “spiritual” mechanics that for the european settlers of their time were seen almost as magic; Personally, far from seeing these mechanics as some “weakness” or “fictitious help” for the Native Americans, I consider them to be mechanics that give variety to the game due to cultural differences.

I bring you this video to prove my point:

EDIT!
This scene contains Spoilers for season 3 of “Love, Death & Robots” (Netflix)

In the video showed the Jibaro-Spain war in a “faithful” and at the same time “fantastic” way:

• Mestizo (or even Native American) soldiers dressed in European armor and fighting for the Spanish side.
  • A natural environment where steel armor and cavalry can bring more problems than solutions.
  • Personal perception: the JĂ­baros used different types of poisons, including hallucinogens, the “riotous madness scene” in this video reminded me of Chaos from AoM.

I hope this gives you some inspiration regarding the way to go with Native Americans (tribals) in AoE 3 :smile:

EDIT:

The scene is from for season 3 of “Love, Death & Robots” (Netflix). I did not know of the existence of this series :sweat_smile:

1 Like

I can’t express how funny is, I knew you would find about that episode

From a gameplay perspective, chaos is already a Emir active ability to fight guardians (not only from AoM)
The implementation of it (outside guardians or just for explorers) can be made withing the psychological warfare theme as a disruption to enemy lines
Example; A JĂ­baro headhunter/nanki warrior has a passive ability when fighting (melee) to force the enemy unit in defend/stagger/stand mode, its a micro-intensive strat that can pay off when do properly

I like the fact that sudamerica don’t tend to romanticise the “spiritual” side of indigenous religious rites

Some of the ceremonies in the community plaza should be remove by the way; water, alarm, town, just add a tech for them. Others should have a more local name or be a card directly (fire, moon, earth mother, heal)

1 Like
2 Likes

Maybe they could add Tehuelches, they’re already mentioned in the Patagonia description anyway.
And Guaranis, who could fit both Brazilian and Paraguayan maps.

4 Likes