New Poll - Choose among the 3 most requested Civilizations

Anyway, I’m doing a bigger poll, with again all the possible civ (even more) and then the possibility to express your vote on how much you may be interested on every single option.
In the end, you can even express your opinion freely.

I would appreciate your help on checking if there are all the popular choices.

I’m using an external site to be able to make a better poll *(like, randomize the options).

Go here in the links to see how it works.

Probably the third civilization is a big surprise for everyone 21

5 Likes

I have my preferences but the reality is I’ll be happy with whatever they decide to give us…within reason of course.

1 Like

acho que italianos por que existe um ester egg em uma carta de 3 bombardas para as novas civilizações africanas

1 Like

Initially, I thought it too, but then consider that the hausa have a danes card, and the US a poles card.

Anyway you just vite the civ that you want to see, don’t worry about what it’s most probable or not.

1 Like

Sorry guys, don’t hate me or report me for spam, but if I want to get more people as possible to answer the poll I need that this topic stay visible and high on the forum.

Remember to link the poll to every inherent topic and even off forum, so to get more people votias we can.

Ok, as promised, here is the bigger poll of what civ do you want.

I made it with Google, since it’s easier to gather the votes with it.

Now, you aren’t limited anymore to choose just one civ (you’ll still do that, so be careful to choose your most preferred option) but you can also vote for each singular civ, to indicate how much you would like to see it into the game.

I put inside this poll a lot of options, really really a lot, I read you comments and then look for what civ mods like NE and WoL introduce.

For that reason, it might be a bit long, and exhausting to do it, still I ask to answer to it, to give the best feedback possible.

i think unsurprisingly most of the new world nations are being downvoted into oblivion.

surprises me that Prussia is leading atm, but it is almost certainly way too early to state that.

btw will you post the final score once you think it has run its course, like what the average answer gave to each civ.

1 Like

Yeah of course. Though, it might take a while.

A poll this big needs way more answers that what the precedent polls had to be accurate.

Personally, I wouldn’t add Prussia, since the germans in the game in my opinion represents them, but to some they doesn’t, so I decided to add it.

At best it might mean that the civ in the game needs to be renamed.

2 Likes

so we have a few more votes, and while Prussia still has 2 “preferred faction” votes it also only has 2 5 stars and like 6 1 stars, i guess there are 2 people that REALLY want Prussia.

also most European factions have at least 2 1 stars, except Poland for some reason which i must admit i dont quiet understand, perhaps someone really only want Poles?

I really don’t see how the germans aren’t prussia in the eyes of some people.

I mean, I know the differences, but the germans in the game are heavily based on the prussians.

Anyway, fine by me. If that’s the popular vote, it might mean that either they need to add prussia, or to rename the german civ and make it more “prussian-like”.

actually they are far more based on Austria and the Holy league army, all of the unique units basically fit the catholic army of the 30 years war except the warwagon which is from Bohemia.

Prussia as a faction would be a line infantry faction, not a cavalry and melee infantry one. the only real Prussian Elements are the leader, the capital and the guard upgrade to the skirmisher.

1 Like

Persia

First, because Moroccans are pretty sure they will appear in the game - they are present in the Scenario Editor; and have their own Historical Battle, which is part of the African DLC - they will likely be included in the African Royals DLC.

Secondly, AoE3 DE added one European civ (Swedes) and one American civ (Inca) but did not add a new Asian civ. A civ Persians would be a wonderful recompense for that.

So Moroccans are probably an upcoming new civ, but I would prefer they were Persians. Moroccans would be included in the African DLC, but the Persians would compensate for omitting Asia from the base AoE 3 DE - no new Asian civ.

3 Likes

Yeah? Well, ok…

In any case the germans would need to change if prussian are added.

1 Like

The only argument against the Persians civ is that I would like an Islamic DLC adding Persians and Arabs (civ based on the Omani Empire and on the Mamluk Sultanate). The addition of the civ Persians would probably close the way to the addition of the Arabs civ.

6 Likes

I see that a lot of people are expressing their opinions in the new poll.

The first question though doesn’t seem that reliable, it has results that are a lot different from the other polls.

It might be because they came from a different sample (since I don’t have control over it) or it might be because with so many options, in a random order, people tired themselves and don’t want to read all options, so we have a bigger standard error.

The second part though is getting a lot of results, and it might be really insightful.

In the era of AoE3, the Kingdom of Korea needed the support and protection from China indeed. Otherwise, it might be ruled by Japan earlier by hundreds year.

It is a power with beautiful culture for sure, however not such a strong and iconic power, especially compare to China, Japan, India and potential Persia. Its similar culture with China and Japan even let Siam get higher priority in some degree.

4 Likes

i feel like the pool looks a little ehm, “polluted”, otherwise i cant really see why Austria but in particular Egypt can get as many votes as they have.

eh, i have a feeling the devs themselves are actually smart enough to make actually smart decisions. also 19 votes on Serbia, AHAHAHA, yeah pretty clear either trolls or idiots voted that.

1 Like

Yeah, too many choices probably, but at least I partially avoided the recency and primacy.

Problem is, that with the other poll, a lot of people asked me to add more civs and options. Then on both topics I asked everyone to list what they would like to see in the poll, and literally not 1 person answered…

So, other than the civs already listed, I end up adding the civ that are present in the WoL and NE mods, and some random ones…

It seems that this wasn’t the right choice either… :joy:

Oh well, another lesson to learn. Anyway, I plan to let this poll open a lot more (ideally it should be pinned…) so more answers will reduce the error.

Hahaha I hope so :joy:

But probably having a rating for each civ may help.

i mean personally i hope they dont add many more revolutions, they aren’t that interesting, and if this poll is to believed revolution civs is what is wanted, almost looks like someone voted several times or got other people to agree on pushing revolutions.

honesty i would have expected the new world to gain more votes over night, not for revolution civs, esp since it seems those who vote revolution civs for some reason also downvote more appropriate full civs in the region (like Denmark and Italy both received like 15 downvotes over night, which seems like a stetch considering their rating last night).