New Units As Shipments For Old Civs

Yeah nice idea!

In age 2 has a useless card “tactics of tercios” (replace pikes by rods) or in age 4 “spanish squad” (10 pikes + 8 rods)…lmao

Rework this cards for example with this!

A doubt! How many expensive/OP is send pikes “tercios” with industrial updgrade?

Age 2 shipment for ex. send 8 pikes = 5 imperial tercios?

1 Like

The tercio card can make Spanish pikes buff each other’s hp (with an upper limit) like state militia.

1 Like

I wish…
Or this armour (Portuguese Navy Museum, you can see a bit of the Montante at the back on the right side)

And here is a 15th Century Montante from the House of Braganca Museum

Just beautifull.

Portuguese Explorer should build a small fort (like a feitoria) and use a Montante aswell.

I dont like the free TC for ports but changing that is a bit too much now I think.

2 Likes

Found some stuff of the Portuguese Army. Maybe Interessting.

6 Likes

Found more.

PS: if someone knows the books name tell me please.

1 Like

Portuguese in the age of discovery from osprey.

1 Like

Also the first marines were spanish, not americans. They could get some HC card in industrial to boos musketeers in some way. Maybe we can remove “Spanish squad shipment”

I would like for the British a European guerrilla as well as the one that Holland has

Looks like this one probably:
https://ospreypublishing.com/the-portuguese-in-the-age-of-discovery-c-1340-1665

1 Like

Just hope these suggestions are really considered. The exact units can be adjusted but we really need this.

One major disappointment TAD gave me years ago was it didn’t give old civs anything new. No new mercenary or native cards from the new region. It set a pretty bad tradition of not updating old civs according to the new contents, which should not be followed. Adding a few unit cards is not going to entirely overhaul the civ, but only open up a few more gameplay options.
DE hasn’t done that either even with Africa added. But it is much easier to make such changes in DE now without the card progression tree.

5 Likes

I would not include India. India has the most OP shipments.

Thank u very much guys :smiley:

Thx u but the Portuguese had fight with Samurais too xD

I agree with u.

Off topic I love use Ronin in the game.

4 Likes

There is an earlier one.

3 Likes

The Portuguese should keep them.

They have the politican that unlocks them. I think spain is fine with them too.

mmm nah, in that case japan should keep portuguese units, various samurais and japanese nobles visiting spain, They left a Japanese surname in Spain, plus there was fighting between the Japanese and the Spanish, apart from the fact that the Jesuits in Japan used to be both Portuguese and Spanish.

Three more shipments can be added for the Dutch:

• Dejima Trading post(Hire some ronins and ninjas for gold)
  • Fort Zeelandia(Hire rattan shields for wood)
  • Nederlands-Brazilië(Hire Tupi blackwood archers and Jagunços for food and gold)
2 Likes

Macau Português shipment can also be added for both the Chinese and the Portuguese:

• For Chinese, they can hire cannoneers with gold, plus training them in castles
  • For Portuguese, they can hire iron troops with gold, plus training them in forts
2 Likes

I like your ideas except this one, China doesn’t need more anti-infantry options but can always use more anticav unit shipments!