New Video saying that AoE4

Jokes on y’all , it only costs 30$ for me 11

2 Likes

He is talking about the graphics since that’s only what we know in detail and what , according to him , is lacking in the AAAoE game

AOE series is arcade RTS, every arcade game please the Esport market why are you asking aoe to be more simulation? Manor lord and aoe is different genre why compare? you can compare at Starcraft or other types of games like this.

Its obvious the visual will be different if the arcade game targeting Esport for quick action micro and macro and so far AOE4 have good looking and Asymmetric civilization is what people are asking in arcade RTS genre

1 Like

I dont even have to watch the video to say I do not agree. To make a statement about a game you havent even played says it all. Just another crappy hater that hasnt got a clue what this game is all about.

6 Likes

I personally haven’t played it. I tried AOEO when it first came out and I just didn’t like the gameplay. Didn’t catch on with me.

They should. I think this is the best solution. As the game itself doesn’t get delayed but for the people who aren’t going to buy it without better graphics, they can wait for a graphics DLC

2 Likes

Would you guys really want skins and all that vanity stuff into a game that’s supposed to be historical and all of its units and buildings are already modelled and inspired from history?

And besides the fact that units already look quite poor and undetailed to make skins appealing, what’s so compelling in changing how a Mongol looks to something completely fictitious?

Or do you also want those extra skins to make sense historically? Because I have already seen many threads questioning how accurate the existing models already look. I can imagine what is going to happen with skins.

Sorry but I too don’t like looking like Buzz Lightyear riding Bullseye in a medieval world. It ruins my immersion.

1 Like

As of its seemingly absurd price, I agree that what I have seen does not justify it but have you thought that’s likely because it’s a branded franchise?
You don’t buy any game, you buy Age of Empires :smiley: this is the brand’s price tag and I bet they know that they can still sell well an overpriced half boiled product because of that brand. AoEO capitalized on that too.
People are all too willing to overpay for brand products even if the quality is worse than what others offer.
And I agree as it was said very well that this pricing does’t really work for esports :smiley: which makes all those readability, clarity arguments and simplified stuff all the more absurd.

1 Like

Without a DLC many people wouldn’t Probably buy the game anyway.

AoEO could’ve brought in more revenue if the f2p model was different. It wasn’t really f2p, it was p2p( over and over and over)

I think this is maybe unfairly dismissive of Forgotten Empires’ contribution to the franchise.

Which is being a little unfair, imo, due to how big of game AoE4 will be compared to that other one, no doubt. To narrowly focus on preview graphics and animations as your sole reason for excitement or purchase, as he is doing, and saying, essentially, “one guy is doing better than a whole studio” when the one guy’s game will likely be tiny in scope and breadth compared to AoE4 (Relic has a lot more to worry about than just cool graphics), seems like flawed rationale to me.

How has he forgotten about everything that goes into AoE titles all the sudden? He states things as if Relic only has to and should only worry about graphics, since graphics and military formations are his sole reasons for pre-release zeal. Wow, so military units raise their shields and walk backwards in the game made by one dev. This is AoE, not Rome: Total War. There are reasons why AoE doesn’t do everything with exact realism. It’s an RTS game, not a sim. It’s cool, but just because it looks cool or is historically accurate for some units to do that doesn’t mean it should be in AoE or should have ever been by now. AoE shouldn’t have or be expected to add every nuance of reality into their games.

The game made by one looks quite impressive for one individual to make! But let’s see what the games have when they launch. I choose not to forget what all goes into AoE games besides pretty graphics and formation options. Personally, formations are near the bottom of the list in terms of what I want or need in an AoE game; just give me basic ones, and continue with the chaotic skirmishes

MS Flight Simulator cranked up the graphics at launch, I heard. Whose to say AoE won’t flip a similar switch for launch? Swapping AoE4 skins into more detailed versions, or replacing basic animations with super fluid ones at launch seems entirely realistic and possible to me

I wouldn’t… not as purchasable DLC in a free2play situation. Only thing I might buy is different water, terrain, gaia, maps, and civs… but much of what I’d want is less cosmetic and more game-impacting; which is contrary to what the guy in video would want. Putting cosmetic fringes on sleeves, badges on shoulders, scuff on boots, or different colored uniforms does little or nothing for my gameplay pleasure

1 Like

Here’s some irony for you: You’re judging a video without watching it, yet you’re criticizing me for judging a game without playing it. Makes sense. :slight_smile:

If you ever do end up watching the video, you’ll understand the the criticisms have nothing to do with the gameplay yet (we’ll review once the game releases). People jump into conclusions without watching the content - think of it as a tech reviewer judging the awful packaging of the newest iPhone (let’s just assume it is wrapped in bubblewrap and ugly carton) because it costs $1000+, and you’re bashing on the guy because he hasn’t used the iPhone yet. They’re two completely separate things. Even if the Phone is perfect, a $1000 phone shouldn’t ship in bubblewrap.

Also, if you’ve ever watched any of my videos on AoE4 or comments on FB/Reddit, you’ll know that I am one of the supporters of the Devs and the Game, and have been defending the game against folks who have been irrationally attacking it because it didn’t fit their preferred art style. But yes, I’m “another crappy hater that hasnt got a clue what this game is all about.”

I always believe that everyone should be able to voice their opinion for constructive criticism to all Developers, Publishers, and yes, content creators without making it a personal attack. It’s really not that difficult.

7 Likes

Now you compare a game to people paying 90% for a brand and 10% for product

sometimes opinions are not worth voicing or listening to

Anyway I watched both parts and all your points are stupid, either the arrows or building destruction

2nd vid makes no sense why do we care about 20 othr games?

You are certainly allowed to disagree with the video — I’d expect anyone to disagree with some number of points raised in any video — but when you claim that all of his points are stupid, you don’t make a very compelling argument that anyone should agree with you. Instead, it seems like you are just being contradictory. Surely there’s something he said that you can find common ground with?

3 Likes

In these video this guy criticize the game not to trash the game or developers. He didnt insult the developers but now you insult the youtuber. You can disagree with this guy but you cant insult him. We dont see any 1 vs 1 video and game release is aproaching. This game is secret to the world. Why all of this secrecy? Now I am thinking that this game is not ready and at release date its release will be disaster.

1 Like

When people start by mentioning graphics they show they they have 0 idea what they’re talking about, end of the deal.

Wanna know a game that also had “better” graphics than age 4? Reforged, tell me how that went? or the multiple amount of “realistic” looking RTS that didn’t even survive launch week cause they were either unreadable or because they were RTS’s they aged like crazy very fast and ended up unplayable.

End of the deal.

Plus just play age 3 definitive edition, sometimes you can’t even see stuff on the map, and people want it to be even more real looking than age 3, basically impossible to see your units? do they just want to play single player?

8 Likes

I write the age of 3 forum that I cant see clearly units. They are small. I understand devs opinions about readability and I agree with them.

2 Likes

Yes, they basically were forced to make original age 3 even better because of complaints by the community, but the truth is that age 3 was doomed as an HD game because the camera angle/distance just makes high polygon count + detailed texture incredibly hard to see stuff or find units between trees, etc.

3 Likes

I dont like some tree and grass models because they tires my eyes. They feels me so many trees are there and I am lost with my units. Apart from these, I think age of 3 is good game. I dont agree who says bad game.

2 Likes

Yes, most of the AoE playerbase do want to just play single player. It’s what the data says.

2 Likes