Next DLC - consideration

This unquenchable desire and greed for new civs seems rather psychotic. The new DLC isn’t even out and already the people scream more more more. Many here seem to think AOE2 is some kind of history simulator. Every civ added adds to the destruction of the random civ feature and dilutes overall gameknowledge. How big must the barrier be for new players and aspiring pro’s? Every civ is a new hurdle that exponentially increases the complexity of the game. Every civ added is a civ less understood. Apparently 1369 unique civ matchups are not sufficient. Shame on the devs for their financially convenient change of thought regarding this issue. And most idiotic is the rate at which these civs are thrown into the game, zero patience or class. It can’t be more obvious how they are milking the game and abusing aoe2 to create hype for aoe4. They have proved to be dissapointing beyond all my expectations.

2 Likes

Dont like it dont play it simple 11

1 Like

You can always go back to HD or CD because they are gonna farm the hell out of us

8 Likes

EXACTLY

If someone does not like the new things, let him go back to HD instead of complaining about DE.

8 Likes

More civs! More more more more :money_mouth_face: :woozy_face:

6 Likes

Imagine if your best reply to criticism is just ‘go away’. It just strengthens my point that you have no regard for other people.

2 Likes

What can I say? They see money. What would you do? They probably scour the forums to see what is up as far as demands and these are vocal people. The civ discussions go crazy like 1700 posts albeit a lot of trolling but still more than the STOP threads.

1 Like

One would expect a little bit of integrity and good will towards the quality this game. Mainly the rate at which these civs are being added leaves no counter excuse, they are just ruthlessly injecting mediocre civs into this game to justify the sale of DLC’s.

This is the whole problem with listening to the community when most of them don’t understand what impact things have. To the layman more civs will always sound better, however it should be the responsibillity of the devs to work in moderation and know when things become too much. It’s their job. At this point the devs just conveniently abuse this enthusiasm as an excuse to create job security and stroke their ego with how much they have grown the community or how much revenue they generated. It would not surprise me if they already have in mind how good this will look towards their future employer. It’s no mistery to me why there aren’t as many STOP threads, as many I know don’t endure too long on a forum like this given the toxic environment (Telling me 3 times in a row to leave the game for voicing criticism, as can be seen above).

3 Likes

Forum requests are one thing but I have seen Nili say that LotW DLC sold: “very very well”. Forums my be important but what they really saw is people are going to buy these DLCs. Why stop making them than.

6 Likes

How are you feeling about Aoe4? Seems a lot closer to what you might like. I’m a single player, campaign, scenario editor person so the dlcs mean something totally different and it’s been that way since the first AoE came out. AoE4 I might try online but I main fps online.

1 Like

aoe4 will be milked even more if catch on