Next DLC - consideration

Well both statements are actually true.
Tlaxcaltec could be cool addition tho, imagine - Mesoamerican civ + horses (as they were allied with Cortes)
UU - Mounted Eagle warrior :stuck_out_tongue:

2 Likes

In Central Asia, there are other ethnic groups such as Rest in Peace, Guishuang, Seljuk, and Laoda.

In East Asia, there is the Goguryeo Kingdom that perished in the early Middle Ages, in addition to the Liao, Jin, Xixia, Tubo, Qiuci, Gaochang, Nu, Shi, and Uygur kingdoms.(It should be clarified that these kingdoms are now in China and are politically sensitive to Chinese audits.)

There are also the kingdoms of Nubia, Congo, Great Zimbabwe, etc. in Africa.

In addition to the Maya, there are Indian civilizations in America, such as the Sicilian Indians.(The Indians have left too few records, and the architectural aspect is even more blank. The Sicilian tribe is one of the few Indian tribes with relatively many architectural portraits and written records.)

The aforementioned Great Kingdom of Zimbabwe and Sicilian Indian tribes have already been designed by players.

Great design.

1 Like

http://aok.heavengames.com/cgi-bin/forums/display.cgi?action=ct&f=9,43485,840,all

Building reference for the “Civilization Age” MOD in the HD version

1 Like

And to these civs also add the Mamluks and Kanem-Bornu - and such a DLC could be a great African DLC.

“The Rulers of Africa” DLC - Nubians, Congolese, Zimbabwe, Mamluks and Kanem-Bornu

Mamluks are Saracens. Congolese is a modern term. Use Kongolese.

3 Likes

It is, in fact, portuguese influenced, because we do not really use the “K” letter much, so Kongo became Congo.

Nice curiosity. In Polish, the Congo is said to be Kongo.

3 Likes

Yes, but why not make another Arab civ?

1 Like

Sarecens cover all of the arabic people so adding more would be hard.

Why? You can give them new Unique Units and Technologies. The Arabs were incredibly talented and inventive - you can think of many things for these two civs.

I even think that the Saracen umbrella can be divided into:

1. Arabs (Arabian Peninsula)
  2. Mamluks
  3. Moors (Emirate of Córdoba)

Then we would also have complete North Africa and the Middle East.

1 Like

Moors are a mix of berbers and arabs berbers already cover them.
Mamluks are not a people group or culture they are just soldiers used by arabs.
having a mamluks civi would be like having a state for berserkers or knights.

3 Likes

Yes. If we are considering a Mamelukes civ, then a Templars civ, an Ikko-Ikki civ, a Jaguar Warrior civ and several other Military-Religious Orders would also need to be civs, and not just units.

3 Likes

This does raise an interesting question,is it possible to break up the Sarecens/Arabs?they all seem to be same in culture and religion.

Ethnic Map:

More maps to understand the region:

1 Like

You could, easily brake them in egyptians (fatamid) and sirians/mesopotamia (abassid)…

But I don’t think its an important change for me.

To be fair all I want its a few more civs and an update for the skins of the units, so they are a little more historical

Interesting idea but the current sarecen civi covers both I think.Can go for a none islamic Egypt but not sure how people would react.

1 Like

Tbh Nubians fill that role more or less

3 Likes

TBH China has no problems with most of these kingdoms that you listed, the only three sensitive ones are Goguryeo, Tibetan, and Uyghur.

Kingdoms like Gaochang, Shi, Qiuci, Yutian(Hotan) can be grouped into either a Tocharian civ or Sogdian civ. It’ll be a good addition to Central Asia, since now we only have Central Asian nomads like Tatars and Cumans but don’t have any Central Asian city-dweller civ.

1 Like

Tbh Sogdians could be put under the Afghan umbrella, right? Idk, I remember them being Iranian