Next PUP is out

Here is the source for someone interested.

Although I regard its effect is not useful… Do the dev add this because they noticed the approaching new Lunar year is tiger after this February? :joy:

Perhaps we will see all 12 Chinese Zodiac become the cards someday.

It is similar to one card I suggested. Nice to see it.
It could also ship 1 or 2 Wokou Junk since Koxinga owned his pirate fleet and navy.
However it may cost more expensive to keep balance.

Still praying for the dev to correct the stereotypes of Asia.
Wonders built on new world, monks as scout and town leader, monasteries filled by outlaws and mercenaries, those make me puzzling.

1 Like

I actually prefer this to the astronaut even if it is a lower-effort one :sweat_smile:
C’mon

2 Likes

So this update optimize the way how the UI consumes memory?
I like how every update is reworking some civs, and I wish the same for Indians (New Cards and Brahman skins)
And I wish some rework for the MM so you can customize decks, see tech trees and change civ

1 Like

Yeah the new iron troops maybe a bit too ridiculous, their ROF is 1, you can stutter step micro them, SC2 marine style and now their DPS is higher then fully boosted chinese infantry, even per pop.

It is age 4 but I fear this might be an unkillable death mass.

edit: also the export trickle is .5 per second, so that is about 16 vil shipment for export in age 1, I think this should be atleast staggered by age

3 Likes

I have no other option than to comment on this PUP with a good meme

11 Likes

I think this is for mainly treaty because China and other Asian civs do not have the age 5 merc upgrade, and the atonement card is not worth it for regular games (so it’s going to be just 8 iron troops).

I dont think so, its an age 4 card with no cost, you can do an Fi and send this as the first card and get 8 of these monsters, and then follow it up with the other cards, Mandarin Merc army and 9 iron troops.

Thats 24 of what are essentially age 5++ mercs in age 4 that can’t be killed. your opponent can have cannon but china also have buffed crows and infinite crows and can just spam the cav army to handle other artillery

1 Like

btw does that also apply to say explorer hp treasures?

Yeah the 1 ROF might be a little too strong. Maybe +0.1 defense makes more sense as a buff than this.
People should test this and the Russian consulate buff out before the final release.

1 Like

China fast industrial iron troops and redcoats only meta coming.

3 Likes

China was good before now they are going to be the topic dejuer for all the latest lamer update threads.

3 Likes

you may want to check on my Armour topic where i adress this possibility for inca gaining treasure iron troops. the difference on armour between 60rr and 70rr is staggering. i think 1.0 rof will be very broken

Oh I thought they had 0.5 armour.
Then maybe simple hp buffs or cost reduction, or no buffs at all (iron troop is already a very good unit) just unlock it at castles etc.

Renegade Spanish (All): ahora solo se puede enviar una vez (antes dos veces)
Que lastima, esto arruina un poco mi baraja temática de Manco Inca.

Me gustaría que a los incas les mejoraran la tarjeta de revolución, (velocidad y precio del envió).

2 Likes

I am actually very intrigued by the Chinese changes. At first glance they look treaty based, but I think they will translate very well into supremacy. Likely that the Chinese meta of FF is over.

2 Likes

Huh ??? LOL why do you even want that ?

2 Likes

Let’s spin the wheel and see the next civ we will make op next month. Don’t know why they fix some things just to break others. It’s starting to feel almost random.

2 Likes

India is very strong in supremacy. But i don’t think they need buffs or nerfs

1 Like

Exactly definitely not in supremacy.

Tantalus media is doing a pretty good job at maintaining and updating the game. I wish relic could do the same with aoe4. The amount of fixes makes me think Tantalus has got a much larger team working on aoe3 than relic has working on aoe4. Not to mention the sheer absurdity of bugs. I believe even code quality of aoe3 is much better than of aoe4 as well even though most of aoe3 code was written a decade ago.

7 Likes