Next PUP is out

It’s in the current patch, not the beta patch if that’s what you mean.

Not a fan of how Manor house was nerfed by their cost only. A slowdown to building time would be as effective as the cost increase.

By increasing their cost, it will nerf Brits for sure but it will force players on using Virginia Company card or never use it at all, so the civ becomes even more one dimensional.

1 House building time: 10s; 200vil-sec cost
1 Settler training time: 25s; 116vil-sec cost
1 Manor House building time: 20s; 280 vil-sec cost (but you automatically “earn” a settler)

Wouldn’t it be better if Manor House had at least the same building time as the training of a settler (25 seconds)?

We can spawn multiple settlers as we manor boom instead of queuing them one by one from the Town Center, which is the key point of Britain, and not just the vil-sec cost (on top of earning a 10 pop space at the same time).

Not really. Increasing house build time is actually a blanket nerf to a civilization, because houses keep pop caps. VC was a mandatory card anyway, so the nerf is pretty much pointless on a civ that was perfectly balanced.

That’s the whole point.
It’s not just a house. It’s 1 house + 1 village. As you still train villagers from the town center.

1 Like

Why not slow down the generation of settlers from the town center to compensate, or reduce the number of shipments from the metropolis that deliver settlers?

…And leave the manor houses as the unique bonus of civilization.

1 Like

Too late to do anything about it now. As pointless as it was to raise it it would be equally pointless now to change it back.

It does affect the whole civ though regardless of whether you use/ abuse the vc card or not though.

I don’t understand it but wtahever!

France for example may have 80 villager pop but there villagers are worth more than a standard villager so they equal another civs 99v eco with only 80 villagers, that doesn’t apply to mexico.

5 Likes

Overall a great patch. Great many changes, especially qol. Good work devs.

6 Likes

I didn’t understand your point. The only tweak I mentioned was to give Manor Houses +5s of building time (or even more if they test it and roll back the +5 wood cost).

Town center remains untouched.

That is, they could leave the manor houses intact, but penalize other aspects such as the speed of generation of settlers in the urban center or reduce the number of settlers sent from the metropolis.

I would not take such a radical approach as slowing settler generation rates for the British.

A slower settler training rate would be more appropriate for something like a Prussian civilization. “Prussia was not a country with an army, but an army with a country”, so I think a slower generating rate and smaller villager cap would fit their history. It could be offset by faster shipments and state-adding age ups that provide additional villagers.

1 Like