Next PUP is out

Nice to see the dutch bank xp nerfed, was saying about that before it was very high considering half the cost was food. People were whining about haciendas xp but dutch banks were ridiculously high.

IMO, the nerf to dutch I think has already gone too far, and that seems to me too strong a civi, the only thing I can comment is that the exp gain should be set at 120 exp, otherwise practically all the BO are totally outdated.

1 Like

True. I think this is a bit too much of a nerf.
However the devs seem to be really on top of things with this PUP. So feedback is useful.

1 Like

Man, I wonder if the Minor civilization rework will ever come true.

We need to hold ā€œaltā€ in order to view technologies and units on natives sites.

ā€¦and cattle. I would also like the priests and imams to generate experience.

Japan is way more OP than Dutch, donā€™t see why they touch Dutch but not Japan. Maybe next timeā€¦ fingers crossed.

7 Likes

From a design perspective I donā€™t agree with nerfing aspects from the base game and would prefer buffs to underutilized civs instead. So instead of nerfing manors and banks I would prefer some reverts to port and french nerfs, and haud buff for example. I guess Iā€™m in the minority for this tho.

Also agree with ^, it seems strange nerfing boom euro civs while leaving japan untouched, which is the most egregious case from the base game imo.

The inca nerfs seem a bit harsh, removing both infinites, reducing bolas shipment by 2, no schooners, nerfing bolas base stats, and taking 100 food? They got nerfed harder than release mexico lmao, and then consider they lost 1 starting vil last patch. Yes this is coming from an inca main, no I never open ff, always native pressure into kancha boom. That said theyā€™ll still probably be viable just because of how good their war hut units are lol.

Iā€™m gonna have fun playing with the new consulate card from china, Iā€™ve always tried to make consulate openings work with non-japan civs, seems itā€™ll be legit with china now :smiley:

Mexico salteodore buffs are nice, also as someone else pointed out the san luis chinaco shipment can be pretty powerful for age 3, most civs ship 5 cav age 3 while I regularly get 8 with this one.

4 Likes

hmm from just messing around, a tp start and the consulate card basically allows for china to send 2 shipments in age 1 nearly back to back.

This opens up a ton of possiblities

• Trade empire for an XP boom into shipments or a stagecoach boom

• The monastery wagon is arguably viable on a non-tp map for xp or african map where you open with african outlaws

• GFA when going russian or german consulate to get the blockhouse or the trickles for cheaper and therefore earlier

there is also advanced wonder to speed up aging and the east indiamen card to go water.

the gather rate upgrade cards feels weaker here since you have less vils though.

I donā€™t know who are you guys are complaining about the balance. We are having one patch per month which is not enough to address the bare minimum of issues, let alone fix them.

Inca, Britain and Netherlands have been above average for quite some time so changing them with above-average tweaks is acceptable at this rate imo. :pray:

Iā€™d be frustrated if there was one single civ with crazy balance (aka: debut of Mexico), but we are dealing with several civilizations a month so itā€™s better than nothing (or just one civ a month).

2 Likes

There is always going to be something above average, this is how averages work. The British nerf only did to kill off non VC builds, otherwise it will have little impact for those who have been constantly complaining about British lately.

As for the dutch nerf, yeah, they were S tier, but not broken.

I hope this is addressed in the next patch:

Improve the animation of the trees so that they donā€™t move in sync: Improve the animation of the trees

Devsā€¦surely you can fix the Abus Gun RoF by bring back down to 3s and decreasing the base attack to 36? The lack of synergy is a one and only in the entire game and could really do without. Also improve the settler spawn rate by 1 second as Ottos are still underperforming overall.

2 Likes

That is complete bs ottā€™s are not underperforming. Whatever course they take if you call it wrong you will likely lose if you are equal players. If they are ff you have to rush fast. Abus or Jan spam the same urgency, you had better have the counters ready for them. Ottā€™s nearly always set the pace of the game in a 1v1

2 Likes

Sounds like you just donā€™t like versing them to me and donā€™t want any harder of a time up against them. Lots of people agree that Ottos are F tier and needs something small to bring them up to speed. Not even something as big as China received, half that.

Well we both seem to agree the china buff is bannanas.

2 Likes

Since the last patch they were brutally nerfed, units will train slower than ever and revolutions are not viable anymore.

1 Like

Yh they only have a max of 80 villagers it was the trickles from the haciendas that allowed them to reach an equivalent eco of 99 villagers like other civs. they halved those trickles basically removing 6 villagers worth, so adding 5 to the max and a hacienda replaces those lost 6 villagers late game while still nerfing the early game, good change now imo.

But why they have to have a 99vills eco?? They have more pop, for that reason france and Japan (with 88 animals) were OP on legacy and dutch are strong now in treaty, same eco, more canonsšŸ„²

99 villager eco has the advantage of flexibility. You can always shift around villies to gather what resource you need.

Building based income, like shrines, haciendas, banks, etc, do not have this flexibility. Banks are probably the worst, you essentially have dozens of villagers locked into gold, you cannot switch to food or wood if you need to. Shrines are basically banks that can also gather wood or food, so slightly better flexibility but still suffer from the basic problem, while haciendas allow fine tuning of resources. The less flexibility, the more army you have, basically.

Also, overall, Mexico got a huge shaft this patch with soldato grenade launcher now being on cooldown, which were terribly pop inefficient, so now they could really use better eco.

1 Like

It also occurs on the ā€˜tripolitaniaā€™ map. The travois sometimes does not spawn on the route.

1 Like