Next to next DLC suggestion

Hi, I am an AoE2 player who follows AoE3 through news and patch notes, and I love history. I did see that the next DLC has Poles and Danes. Poles and Persia are my must-have AoE3 civs. With Poles being done, I present you with the my other must have civ - Persians.

If it is not a single civ expansion, it must have an accompanying civ in the same region. I suggest Turcomans being the other civilization. The Turcomans were Turco-Persian people, successors to Tatars and somewhat Hindustanis from AoE2. They will be representing the present day Azerbaijan, Tajikstan, Uzbekistan, etc.

The Persians imo are already well thought of as being representative of the Safavid Empire.

Both civilizations are shown in the Ismail campaign in AoE2, where the Turcomans are represented by Tatars (as a cav archer civilization) and the Qizilbash Warrior as their UU. I think this would be a good enough expansion as it covers the underrepresented West Asia.

In addition, the Indians can be split as well, in the Mughals and the Hindavis/Marathas.

There are so many people asking for Persians, I would find it strange if they didn’t add them eventually. They are not what I want to see in the game, but I can respect those who want this civilization added. :slightly_smiling_face:

8 Likes

the “turcomans” are way too similar to persians to merit having a different separate civ

I would argue the “Kipchaks” or “Tatars” would be a far better denomination as they could encompass the various descendants of the medieval mongols and represent an Asian version of a very heavily cav focused civ (in the style of the Lakota)

Yes, I think they will put Persia and Oman in a dlc for the Arabian Sea theme… and then in another dlc from Central Asia to the Uzbeks and Kazakhs… and obviously later another dlc from the SEA…

4 Likes

I don’t think there is enough wiggle room to add both Uzbeks AND Kazakhs.

It may not be historically accurate but a generic “Tatars” civ could incorporate elements from all the steppe khanates of the period and allow them to achieve strategic richness without going into very obscure references.

The Omani are definitely a must have addition though.

1 Like

My potential factions list to the end :

Germans reworked to German States
Prussia
Habsburg Austria
Brazil
Argentina
Uruguay
Paraguay
Zulu
Morocco
Oman
Persia
Crimean Khanate
Zaporozhian Cossacks
Mayans Full Civ ( non revolutionary only)
Haida ( Native tribe from Alasca , playable for example in American Conquest : Fight Back).
Korea
Siam

4 Likes

There’s plenty of ways to make them different. Uzbeks could be more of a standard Asian civ with wonders and more of a settled society.

Kazakhs could be more nomadic with things like mounted villagers and a Kurultai to age up instead of wonders.

I would very much like at some point in the future, a Greek rev. Obviously available to Ottomans, but probably to Italians. Germans and French did influence the Greek army so maybe, them too.

I see a possible issue with the language, because it would feel wrong for Greeks revolting from Ottomans and keep speaking Turk.
With LatAm revs is not an issue, because we actually speak Spanish or Portuguese (except for Chileans), but Greeks don’t speak Turk.

3 Likes

If there’s enough rooom to have Danes and Swedes we have a hell of a lot of room to wiggle to have both Kazakhs and Uzbeks.

8 Likes

Danes and swedes both had colonial empires of their own and global ranging influence during the time period of the game

Uzbeks and Kazakhs weren’t even known by anybody apart their immediate neighbors, let alone having any semblance of regional influence.

Stop the BS

Please use you knowledge to argue, not your ignorance

3 Likes

That would simply make them Persians

In fact, the very reason why Uzbeks were a more settled “standard Asian” society was PRECISELY because of Persian influence over them.

Immediate neighbors?

You realize how… large Asia is, right?

Am pretty sure their “immediate neighbors” cover a distance that’s about twice as large as the Danish and Swedish colonial empires lol.

We’re talking about nomadic peoples from literally the largest continent on Earth.

4 Likes

I mean, we can use the same dumb argument for Danish:

In fact, the very reason why Danes were a more “standard north european” society was PRECISELY because of protestant German influence over them.

Sounds stupid? Yes, because it is stupid both for danes and uzbeks

1 Like

wanna check the size of Greenland?

Wanna check the population of Greenland?

5 Likes

Wanna check the population of the central Asian steppe?

Orders of magnitude larger. Like, what neighbors did they even have in Greenland. Inuit people?

1 Like

Lmao
And that’s considering current Kazhakstan size, it could probably been bigger at that time

2 Likes

Danes had colonies and influence in 4 different continents during the timeline of the game
The Uzbeks were a vassal to Persia for most of the timeline of the game