No AOE3 in Red Bull wololo

And it is not a good idea for whoever make business decisions not even trying to salvage it, despite how hard the developers are working.

You may have an illusion or misunderstanding about how the game was treated before DE. It is not a favored classic game where the world has been waiting for a revival. No. It has ALWAYS been treated, for more than freakin 10 years, as a game that never existed.
For many years the only article thar pops up when searching for AOE3 is “Bruce Shelley says AOE3 was a mistake”. Yes your other hero Bruce Shelley.

That’s why I have been so defensive about DE. It could have not happened at all.

1 Like

Obviously they can still make more money via expansions and such and the occasional new player. So salvage away. I’m just questioning the importance of the event itself. As breaker said, the population of players who focus on the competitive scene are a minority. Even if AOE3 was at the event I highly doubt it would’ve benefitted from many new players or whatnot.

So who really loses by this event not being at the RedBull tournament? The hardcore Twitch streamers? Why do we all care about this so much?

Because they are advertising the event as some celebration to the SERIES.
All other AOE-titled games are there.

I may not be a social person and care not about alumni gatherings. But not having my name on the alumni list and not receiving even an invitation is another thing.

2 Likes

I’m not surprised aoe3 is not there, though I am surprised that they included aoe1 and only excluded aoe3.

3 Likes

Unless we get some official statements there is not point in guessing and hypothesizing.
For many logical reasons AoE1DE shouldn’t be in that schedule either. Arguably not only ‘in place’ of 3DE, but in general. Its 24h peak is like 1/5th of 3DE, can’t imagine any real development for that game. I love it but outside of balance tweaks, fixes etc. making new content for it is just a waste of time- a percentage of players willing to engage with this oldschool RTS is very, very, very tiny.

I’d love to see new campaigns and an expansion or two, but that would take at least importing everything into 2DE ecosystem, and at that point, you might do just a sequel to AoE1, some spinoff without a number, that exists alongside 2DE or something. But even then trying to make it alive and well, along 2DE, 3DE and IV is weird beyond any reason.

Red Bull punishing aoe3 for nerfing big benny, confirmed.

1 Like

Esse é um problema seu, é sua opinião. O Age 1 é um jogo ‘‘arcaico’’ mas raiz, jogo que não dá moleza pra quem vive de guarnecer unidade e fazer portãozinho. O jogo não tem o apelo que merece por não ter conteúdo novo e ter sido severamente prejudicado pela exclusividade na Microsoft Store, matando o hype. Os gráficos estão muito bons para o jogo e não dá nenhuma saudade do RoR. O jogo foi balanceado e teve boa parte das campanhas refeitas e melhoradas. São 25 anos do PAI DE TODOS, respeitem. Se os caras no Vietnã tiveram a proeza de botar banca e convencer a Red Bull a patrocinar também o evento, que bom pra eles. O Age 3 tá cheio de incompetente ou chorão que não consegue bancar torneio e receber um patrocínio de auxílio como da Microsoft ou RB. Essas marcas não são elas que tomam iniciativa pra patrocinar um game, o 2 até pode ser por causa do apelo e já ser conhecido (a ponto de alugarem um castelo pras finais), mas o resto é compreensível a escolha do 1 ao invés do 3.

I think the actual reason ( hypothesising ) is likely to just be logistics tbh.

While aoe 1 has a smaller playerbase, it has a more established tourney scene (albeit in only 1-2 countries) with experienced tourney organisers that can deliver the tourney

aoe 3 - good luck organising one with all the fractured communities and tourneys, not to mention the drama

like even thinking about it, if aoe 3 is part of it, who will organise it without generating some serious drama

2 Likes

I bought AOE4 at the cost of US $ 29. I was surprised to find that except for language and upgrade and siege mechanism, everything was so similar to AOE2, there were only two types of animals, and the wall became more important but fragile. I suspect that Microsoft recycled the use of AOE Online Mixed Myth AOE. I didn’t even watch the film. One month later, I returned to the failed AOE3. Because I am not a competitive player, my finger clicks is very slow, I need to use a card to launch a special strategy

1 Like

AOE4 can work out as a good game on its own. I have that confidence. Problem is that that game is still in an “incomplete” or more accurately not-so-complete stage.

But keep advertising it as something similar to AOE2 is not a good move imo. It is not and should not be.

1 Like

Aoe4 has a lot in common with Aoe2 and Online than any other game. Even games from others franchise had some feature or other borrowed.

ridiculous your game supported with new patches and new DLC. but you still blame.

cause aoe1 is popular in vietnam (mb asia)
aoe1 wololo page on liquipedia:

game streamed on faceboook with 200k (it got into recommendation after theViper moved here)
and alive pro scene.

2 Likes

But it also was ignored as part of the series in a lot of promotions and advertising, for a long time. DE is the first time in 10 years it got a fair treatment. Certainly it is better than before but that does not change the conclusionZ These are not contradictory.

And that is AOE1 not AOE1DE.

3 Likes

Please developers AOE3 and Age of Mythology should also be part of the tournament. The price pool can be low. AOE3 and Age of Mythology are part of the AOE family.

Besides I think the price pool of the tournament is by far too big. They should spend at least half of it for modding events with reasonable prices. This would bring new content to the AOE titles.

Ummm no. Age Of Commerce? Are you high mate? :smiley: Maybe we can call this game Age of Cards eh? SMH

1 Like

And here’s the brillant way how Vietnam play AOE 1:

Sticking with an unpatched CD game, Assyrian-Shang wars.
Still don’t get why RBW invest into something like that.

4 Likes

That sounds so… boring though. If that is all they really play, then what is the point of all the rest of the civs?

Because both Assyrian and Shang have the strongest ecos + military options to go, also here Chariots are broken, behave like gold intensive units being trash units, and happens that Assyrians have good eco and insanely good chariot archers in Bronze age, and Shang cheaper villagers + broad tech tree.

Even if isn’t about both civs, then you have Hitites with broken Iron age (stupidly open tech tree) and Yamato with OP cavalry rush and OP Navy.

1 Like

Funny that as DE “balanced” a lot of things, it actually became unfamiliar to the old players…

I get that the matchup is powerful, I’m just saying that if that is the only matchup they ever play, it sounds just boring in general.

2 Likes