No AOE3 in Red Bull wololo

@ms_age_team we need some answers, was the decision taken by redbull ? Was Redbull worried about its viewers count on its twitch channel(whevere they are streaming? Couldn’t even leave 10k for aoe3?

4 Likes

Why is Microsoft catering to one country? The fact players there have no desire to switch to the DE version of the game means there’s little financial incentive. Like many, I have no problem with AoE1 itself but to altogether leave out AoE3DE is ludicrous yet despite the fantastic support it still to this day remains the unwanted sibling of the AoE franchise. I’ll never understand it.

I’d love to know the reason why it was left out. Just come out and say we don’t want to promote AoE3DE for x reason(s).

3 Likes

Me questiono se aqueles caras tem condições de pegar uma máquina decente pra jogar os DE, mas não ne. Um país não representa todo o globo que joga Age1

everyone here is saying like red bull actively decided to not include aoe 3, the simple answer could have just been that they decided it was not worth putting aoe 3 in their event, the fact that an independent entity is delivering the aoe 1 content means that they included it because they did not have to invest much resources in and can do it on the cheap, and get it to a decent quality.

delivering an aoe 3 tourney with the same conditions is a very different story.

AoE1 has less players, they could have included us with a small prize pool just like with aoe1. Its a celebration of 25 years of the Age of Empires franchise and we have been left out.

“Yeah don’t think of them as malicious. They may have a well thought-out reason to leave us out, let’s speculate: (1)… (2)… (3)… (4)…”
← the exact reason why one gets left out.

They just want to put more attention for age of empires II(II).

1 Like

You know what…I get the feeling that they just don’t wanna showcase AoE3 next to AoE4.

Any inexperienced person watching will think AoE3 is the latest AAA Age title. Big Risk!!!

Lol

12 Likes

What are you talking about?

AOEIII is the latest game in the series because if there was an AOE IV it would be set around the 19th to early 20th century. As you know a sequel to AOEIII

2 Likes

Oh I meant AoEII(II)…:stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye::wink:

7 Likes

I think you’re overlooking/unaware that we’ve already been able to do this before.
For the New World Championship 2019, there was a 64-player double elimination tournament held online through ESOC, with the top 8 players advancing to a $4000 LAN event in Manchester.

1 Like

The effect is the same

Sure but that was 3 years ago now and i think a lot has changed since then unfortunately, it has been difficult to regain the scale of that event and even before DE I would say that the ESOC events were running into problems, the pandemic did not help either.

Trying to do something similar today I would say is very different matter, if it was the ESOC community in 2019 I would agree that it could be done.

1 Like

@ArrivedLeader22 @DiplexBoss6 Yes, and neither aom (which this year celebrates its twentieth anniversary) or aoe online, they still miss it …

Yes, at least a round of applause to Forgotten Empires and Tantalus who continue to give love to the game, despite the mistreatment of Microsoft, on top I have to smoke the tryhards of aoe 2 mocking saying “haha, your dead game will not be in the RBW” and I tell them that I care? I still have the ESOC tournaments…

3 Likes

Yes they are dumb, they could have made a tournament for aoe 3 playing on the European maps :man_facepalming:

2 Likes

belong Ensemble Studios 's AOE time line , not Relic’s

1 Like

Of course, AoE 1 DE did it like that just the one you grew up with and then they put the batteries in doing the 2 DE… only when they were going to launch the 2 DE on Steam, they remembered the 1 DE…

It is for the 25 years of the saga nothing more: the first game (AoE 1 DE), the favorite game (AoE 2 DE) and the last most recent game (AoE 4)…for something it is called RBW Legacy…at least they can explain why they do not put the other games of the saga too…

Mine are AoE 3 and AoE Online…at first I didn’t have much faith in AoE Online in its launch,but it closed my mouth and I play it every so often with Celeste…