No word from the Dev's?

I dont give a shjit about some process

How can not be the most obvious cheater not banned after a week? He even reached high ELO because of that and keeps ruining games even there.

And thats only like 1% of all plaque we actually have in game rn …

Game is out for how long? 3 months? Yet its still unplayable expect 1v1s because of bugs/exploits/cheaters aka dropers and badly done balance stuff.

1 Like

The way the microsoft certification process works is like if you had to take the car into a mechanic, they did repairs on the car and then shipped it back to the japanese manufacturer so they could look at the car before sending it back to you to so they could make sure it was up to par.

1 Like

yep, you don’t give a shjt and you don’t know shjt, that’s it

Yeah very clever answer bro :slight_smile:

Nothing to say on defence of LELIC ■■■ right?

Yep now u just answered yourself and I am gonna tell you why so many people are annoyed.

1. Because actually almost nothing is on par with their changes (aka car fixing) - changes they made and were not needed and nobody asked for them (Like Abbasid bug - just wtf? wtf? ) - or horse nerf (seriously?) and bring even more bugs/problems
  2. It takes them tooooooo long. Game is fresh and it needs improvement in a lot of way - but with this tempo? See u in playable game in 2023-2024
  3. As I mentioned cheaters/leavers are not punished and ruins many many MANY games (am top100 in all tg modes btw.) - kinda ez for them to get into high ELO since they cannot lose right?
  4. RELIC solved ez features much worse than lot of other companies did in early 2000s like minimap, in-game communication (non-existing btw. ) - but yeah we have completely broken msg system blocker - wow. and many many more
  5. So yeah we should be patient and do not give them any kind of negative feedback :slight_smile:
  6. I expect some absolutely different balance changes in upcoming months than we asked for - no nerf for sieges (only pop increase/speed reduction would be enough) no nerf for stupid FL who ruins whole tgs (only reduce their anti-landmark capability) etc. etc. I could continue. I know Relic for a long time thanks to CoH2

And Company of Heroes 2 was saved from disaster and still active JUST AND ONLY because of community-balance members.

1 Like

Not sure what you mean by ‘leavers’, people are free to leave any TG they want and shouldn’t face punishment for that. If you mean people exploiting some kind of ‘drop hack’ so they avoid a loss, then yes that needs to be fixed.

Springalds were nerfed just recently and there seems to be universal agreement they did a good job with the changes. Firelancers are hopefully on their list for the next balance change - they’re showing up more in 1v1s as well and in the tournaments so should be more visible to the devs now.

i’m not defending relic, i’m attacking who thinks that things, i quote, “could be solved within 24”, while not knowing jack sh*t about software development

you have no clue about how things work and you are not paying a subscription; you paid for the original game and are not entitled to hotfixes on your own terms. Also, you are overlapping bufxes with game balancing, which are two entirely different areas.
Things will be taken care of, for sure, but it’s naive and ignorant to think that releases are simple and can be delivered quickly; they have dependencies with a bunch of different things and it’s basically never the devs’ fault.

1 Like

My point was pointing out the fact that due to the way that Relic Microsoft and steam interact, any patches we get are like 3+ weeks old. The reason for the odd horse nerfs etc in the December patch was because that patch was made in early November largely with beta/prerelease feedback. The patch was uploaded to microsoft 21 days before it was released on Steam.

The game for the most part isn’t getting patched just cause Relic doesn’t care, but even if they patched all the bugs that came with the Winter update the same day that patch came out, we probably would just be getting the patch around today or just after Christmas.

Aussie made a good youtube video about why it’s going to take forever between patches
Age of Empires 4 - We NEED To Talk About The Patch - YouTube

It does not take them 3+ weeks in general because of microsoft / steam and it can be faster. The last big winter update and the small Springald patch where “just” 10 days off. It was a small patch, but a patch is a patch.
I wish they would get into the habit of doing a lot of small balance / bug fixes.

For me it comes down to, do they want this kind of production pipeline to be in place or not?
If yes, they could figure out how to speed things up, while not slowing everything down a lot.
It puts more working pressure on the employees and more frequent patches also slow down the feature production. Since you are working on bigger improvements and smaller ones separately now, while QA more frequently and preparing the patches.

Just setting it as a goal, to have frequent bug and balance patches, you start developing a faster pipeline and routine to execute it also.

I hope they will go for it, at least for the early months after release and if needed delay a bit the feature production, to have more frequent bug and balance patches.

I dont belive the bugs introduced with the big Winter Update, did get fixed internally before the winter update went live. It was a reaction of the community pointing out Abbasids techs are broken.

I understand that there will be bugs, that there will be balances issues, and imperfections. I think most people do. The reason people are angry is that the patch and/or updates make things worse, in-so-much as bringing to the for-front more problems, more bugs, and more balance issues. That makes people not trust further patches, updates, hotfixes ect, ect . . .

The fact that you say “it’s basically never the devs’ fault,” makes me wonder . . . who’s fault is it?

1 Like

That’s because the springald patch had largely been made before the winter patch had even released. The winter patch was datamined to have been on steam 21 days before it was released and they mentioned on stream about how the December patch was using data almost entirely from beta/prelease.

That’s awesome news!!! Thanks!!! That means they are oodles behind the obvious. I appreciate your insight.

These 21 days by a very big patch does make sense, some extra time for QA and for everyone who worked on it to feel comfortable and sure that everything is working as intended.

I mean the springald patch was tiny, the majority of work was bug fixes, that were introduced by the big winter patch. So they have a current version live, the winter update, that is bugged …

Internally the Winter Update is old and outdated and they already moved on. They are not using the current live version and fix the bugs from there? They are using a beta/prerelease version of the game, to hotfix the currently live version of the game? And worked on it before they published the Winter Update? That’s hard to believe, but yeh can be to some degree.

It can also be that they wanted the springalds to be fixed asap. Since they were allready mentioning it in the Patchnotes of December patch. But the majority of work went into fixing the bugs not adjusting the sprignald values.

Why would they publish the big winter update with game-breaking bugs? This part does not make sense at all. No Company should publish it this way and im pretty sure they applied these fixes after the community spread it.

But okay, let’s say you are right and that are a lot of maybes for me :D, the patch was 90% pre-done somehow. Then they were still able to deliver the last 10% and patch the game in ~10 days. So the entire process of they apply changes and delivering a patch isn’t so slow as some ppl claim it to be by default and this can’t be changed under any circumstance.

Just if you claim that the entire patch was already done before the winter update, im wrong with my statement.
I mean i would also not mention i can fix something in 1 day, if i know 2 weeks are acceptable.

This makes it seem like you’re not interested in discussing the game with people who might have different opinions. Pretty close-minded.

Games companies tend to. They don’t have uptime commitments or SoWs, nor contractual obligations. I work in a software house too, where we have all these things. There might be more people off around Christmas, but we still have a framework in place to handle client escalations and the like.

Games works on an inherently different model, whereby they produce a product that is bought and consumed like any other piece of entertainment.

I mean even it takes them 3+ weeks overall, that does not mean we have to wait 3+ weeks for a new patch.
They could work on something new behind the scenes with 2 weeks in between. We would see every 2. week an patch, that address something that is mentioned a month ago.

That would be still okay, not perfect but okay, then there would be a month for us to enjoy the bug fixes and balance updates. While the community give them feedback and they have time to monitor and see how the changes affected the game.

I’m not saying they have to patch during holidays

I’m just saying no communication about what’s coming up balance wise is lame

We are all hyper connected now. People have work email on their phones

There’s no reason to not push a communication update out to teams to let them know what’s coming

2 Likes

We remember that Relic is developing CoH 3 at the same time as AoE 4 so it will take longer to release patches for the game…

Its completely different team working on it.

If I answer emails when I’m supposed to be on leave, my manager asks me why. Time off is important, and in well-managed companies, it is respected.

That said, I can equally understand the desire for more communication. Nothing wrong with that.