November PUP is now available!

https://steamcommunity.com/app/933110/discussions/5/3117046824717128114/

13 Likes

USA and Aztec addressed in this patch, empire wars, 3 new maps.

Thank you devs!

10 Likes

I dont believe it, I want facts!!!

2 Likes

Aztec reworked. I can’t believe it

Thank you devs <3

6 Likes

Will be a bug again??
:joy:

2 Likes

Maybe one day the Swedish immigrants card will get added. Sigh.

1 Like

Some much needed changes to USA early game.
But I think Virginia is once again a must have. I do think US deck should be 25 cards. Most of the age up cards are not equivalent their resource worth imo.

Seems like an awesome patch once again.

6 Likes

Aztec changes looks absolutely awesome at first glance:

1. Jaguar Knight rework
  2. Arrow Knight rework
  3. Fix for Warriors animation and population space
  4. So many interesting cards

5. New ceremony

I really love it. And it is not looking OP. Can’t wait to test it :smiley:

3 Likes

I honestly think Rhode Island is going to be very good this next patch. If you have 20 vills when you send the slater textile mills you get 600f instantly and get the cheaper vills/boats. I think it solves the issue of not having an age 1 schooners card since you get the wood back for the boats you make but it seems like it could be pretty strong for an age 2 card.

I think some noteworthy changes other than new maps empire wars and US/Aztec changes are
*you can have control groups of 60 units
*Griots are now infantry so they can get killed by falconets
*Grenadiers have 50% rr and 0.5 multi vs calv/vills so maybe they’re viable
*age 2 huaracas have 12 range
*age 2 kallanka card costs 500 wood
*you can stop cannons limbering
*Halbs are 4.25 speed now which should make for some interesting Dutch Logi strats
*Salons trickling gold seems like a buff to merc strats.

Overall looks like an awesome patch to me.

7 Likes

Looks like Aztecs are the next civ for a unique hero skin

21 Likes

the kallanka nerf seems too much, lowering the huaracas range was more than sufficient, making the card cost 500w means it’ll just never be used now.

5 Likes

I agree. Maybe it should be 150-250 500 seems a bit much.

2 Likes

It’s nice they increased the deck though, and the new virginia 2 card shipment looks good, with 3 extra cards you’ll still only need 1 for a factory if you age with new hampshire so that’s 2 extra slots.

State militia nerf isn’t too bad, maybe carbine cav will be usable now, sharpshooters needed more of a buff imo.

1 Like

True, but you still have to autolock new Hampshire in age3 and IMO this is bad to have a deck choice force you into a specific age3 age up.

It’s still a must have age up imo, I thought they were going to rework all the age ups because none of the others compares to an age 3 factory.
I can’t remember last time I didn’t choose new hampshire and I doubt that’ll change because all the other age 3 choices still suck. So for me at least I’m always locked into that specific age up anyway.

2 Likes

Yeah it is a must age up because USA economy is very slow in the early game, you need that factory to even stand a chance.
Maybe one of the others should get a 7 villager shipment or something.

This is where a Swedish immigrants card could come in handy- a few torps in the early game? yes please.

The massive buffs to cowboy strats
 the cheese is strong

Edit: nevermind, dance hall moved to age 4 for USA.

1 Like

For people like me who first saw this on mobile, a little ctrl-c ctrl-v:

Hello Explorers!

With today’s launch of the Public Update Preview, we’re making the first build available for an early hands look at the work being done for the upcoming, smaller, November Update. As part of this process, we’ll be updating the build often with additional fixes, so this is the thread to watch – this is where we’ll provide any notes or changes that are worth paying attention to, and we’ll update that information as newer builds come online. Keep an eye on this thread for more information throughout the Public Update Preview.

Below is a list of preliminary fixes we are prepping for this release. Please note that not all potential fixes/items are guaranteed to be in the final update, as we are still actively testing everything and may need to adjust or remove items if they are not ready. Additionally, this is not a holistic list, and some additional items may end up in our final release.

Quick reminders -

• For common questions and answers, go here FAQ

• To learn how to contact our Support team, go here Support How-To

• As with all updates, certain Mods may no longer function as the underlying game code has changed. If you are experiencing issues please try disabling all Mods first to see if that addresses your issue as the Mod may need to be updated by the creator to work with the latest build

November Update – Build # 49350

New Features

• New Empire Wars game mode! (also added to Ranked matchmaking)

• Ranked Treaty and Death match moved to Casual multiplayer playlist.

• Unit selection cap raised from 50 to 60

• New Map Selection Screen

• Aztec Home City customization

NEW GAME MODE: EMPIRE WARS

Empire Wars for Age of Empires III: Definitive Edition is an additional game mode to accompany Supremacy, Treaty and Deathmatch.

Like in Age of Empires II: Definitive Edition, Empire Wars puts players into the action right away with additional resources and a bolstered economy. However, instead of a pre-built town, players use a steady trickle of free Homecity Construction Wagons to grow their town with buildings they choose – making what you build and when a valuable decision!

• Gameplay begins in the Exploration Age with enough resources to choose a first Politician bonus, Wonder, or Federal State, etc, right away!

• All Cards and each Age-Up deliver Construction Wagons that can make nearly all default buildings (excluding Houses*, TCs and Banks)

• In Empire Wars shipments are earned more often and ship faster, additionally, an extra one is awarded upon reaching the Commerce Age, ensuring every match begins on even footing

• Many buildings are available an age sooner - including one Town Center

• Most civs begin with a free Outpost Wagon or Castle rickshaw – other starting units/resources vary as per balance requirements

GAME

Stability & Performance

• Fixed a crash that could occur on startup

• Fixed a rare crash when pressing the Xbox Live Sign In button twice in quick succession

• Fixed occasional crash that would occur when exiting pregame UI screens by pressing “Esc”

• Fixed a rare crashed upon starting a SP Skirmish match

• Fixed a UI Crash when forcing a shut down shortly after quitting via in-game menu.

• Fixed a UI Crash when forcing a shut down shortly before arriving at main menu

UI

• New Map Selection Screen

• Tactics Icons: Now always appear on the top row for all units – this should improve button location consistency and therefore make using ‘grid keybindings’ more consistent too

• Changed the “load more” list item to a “load more” button for loading more mods.

Fixes

• Fixed the Inca Skin Challenge Completed screen not being abled to be cleared if skin was previously unlocked.

• Fixed Moon Ceremony tech displayed in the wrong age for Inca

• Fixed incorrect icon use for Temple customization in Inca HC

• Fixed Koprulu Viziers tech being in the wrong tech age for Ottomans.

• Removed Tufanci Corps/Arrival Flag as this tech is not accessible to Ottomans anymore.

• Fixed incorrect tooltip behaviour on Cooperation tech for Haudenosaunee civ.

• Updated the default sorting order when browsing mods.

• Fixed missing selection audio for the “Begin” button in the Campaign menu

• Removed letter “v” from Nathaniel Blacks compendium description and several other minir typos.

• removed the Nizams from the Battlefield Construction card

• Fixed incorrect names and icon entry for Mosque and Imam in Ottomans techtree

• Fixed an issue where Hausa’s Finest Cattle and Loaded Camel Train customizations can’t be turned off

• Fixed an issue in Historical Battles where medals were being replaced with lower ones after completing a Saved/Loaded HB

• Fixed a rare issue where some Villagers could go idle after loading a game.

GAMEPLAY & BALANCE

General

CHANGES FOR EMPIRE WARS

• Tavern and Saloon: now have a default coin trickle of 0.6 c/s

• Asian Monastery: Now trickles 0.7 XP/s

• Castle Wagons: Fixed an issue where Indian and Japanese castles were built very slowly compared to Chinese ones

UNITS AND BUILDINGS:
Heroes: are now also immune to RNG abilities (such as Stomp and Divine Strike), like they are to other abilities
Warships: Are now counted as gatherers on the UI when they are gathering

Artillery: Adjusted as follows

• Preference for targeting buildings has been removed

• Fixed an issue where accidental or unintended switches between the Limber and Bombard tactics could not be canceled

Villagers: Adjusted as follows

• Siege attack now inflicts 3x to Mountain Monasteries

• Can now be healed by healing units whilst they are gathering resources or constructing buildings

Cowboy / Comanchero: Adjusted as follows

• Bulls Eye (Charged Action Attack) damage corrected to 38 (from 48)

• Population cost reduced to 5 (from 6)

Owlhoot / Renegado: Adjusted as follows

• Ranged attack damage increased to 20 (from 18)

• Buck Shot (Charged Action Attack) area damage increased to 2.5 (from 2)

• Population cost reduced to 4 (from 5)

Gunslinger / Pistolero: Adjusted as follows

• Hand attack cavalry damage multiplier increased to 3x (from 2); Shock Infantry multiplier adjusted accordingly

• Population cost reduced to 3 (from 4)

Fort (Building): Adjusted as follows

• Hitpoints improved to 9000 (from 8500)

• Improve Build Bounty to 220 (from 110)

• Halberdier (Unit): Speed improved to 4.25

Grenadier (Unit): Adjusted as follows:

• Ranged resistance improved to 50% (from 40%)

• Villager and Cavalry damage multipliers improved to 0.5x (from 0.3x); Shock Infantry multipliers adjusted accordingly

• Siege attack Rate of Fire corrected to 3; damage adjusted accordingly

Cree Tracker (Native Warrior): Adjusted as follows

• Hitpoints reduced to 260 (from 300)

• Range decreased to 16 (from 18); LOS adjusted accordingly

• Speed improved to 4.5 (from 4)

• Ranged attack damage improved to 13 (from 10); Melee attack damage adjusted accordingly

• Eagle Eye charged action ability range increased to 25 (from 18) – this ability is enabled by the “1st

• Michigun Volunteer Sharpshooters” card (IV)

Petard: Adjusted as follows

• No longer improved by the Engineering School card

• No longer tagged as Infantry

• Zouave (Mercenary): Cost reduced to 350c (down from 400c)

• Shipments awarded via Techs and Cards: Will now correctly also play the Shipment available notification sound

UPGRADES:

• Cree Textile Craftsmanship: Cost reduced to 125w 125c (from 225w 225c)

• Cree Tanning: Now grants +10% Infantry and Cavalry hitpoints (up from 5%)

Hausa
UNITS AND BUILDINGS:

• Griot: Is now also tagged as Infantry

Inca
UNITS AND BUILDINGS:

• Huaraca: Commerce Age range and siege range reduced to 12 (restored to normal with the Elite upgrade)

CARDS:

• Wamani: Now costs 500w to send

United States
CIVILISATION

• Deck Size: Increased to 23 (from 20) but Factory Wagon cards are no longer added to the deck upon reaching the Industrial Age (now found in the Homecity instead, like other civs)

• Inspiring Flag: Adjusted as follows

• Commerce Age aura range increased to 24 (from 14)

• Fortress Age aura range now increases to 34 (from 24)

• Industrial Age aura range now increases to 44 (from 34)

• Imperial Age aura range now increases to 54 (from 34)

• Land of Lincoln (card, V) aura range is still 70 (no change)

UNITS & BUILDINGS

• State Militia: Adjusted as follows

• Cost increased to 50f and 40w (up from 50f and 35w)

• Hitpoints decreased to 115 (from 120)

• Speed decreased to 4.5 (from 4.75)

• Like-unit HP bonus is now capped at +30 hitpoints (previously +50 was possible after researching the Imperial State Militia upgrade)

• Carbine Cavalry: Adjusted as follows

• Range increased to 14 (from 12); but Veteran and Guard upgrades no longer grant +1 range

• Rate of fire improved to 2.25 (from 2.5) – They now fire approximately 11% faster

• Buffalo Soldiers attack damage improvement reduced to 15% (from 25%); but now also improves ranged resistance by +10%

• Sharpshooter: Adjusted as follows

• Base range increased to 22 (from 21); LOS adjusted accordingly

• Gains +1 range from the Veteran and Guard upgrades (no change)

• Minuteman: Now has an anti-ship attack with 20 range after sending the “U.S. Marines” card

CARDS

• Advanced Saloon (card, I): Supported population reduced to 20 (from 25)

• Lee’s Legion (II): Now delivers 6 Carbine Cav, cost adjusted to 250f and 250w

• Dance Hall (II): Move to age 4 for the United States

• 2 Covered Wagons (IV): Removed from the United Staes

FEDERAL AGE-UPS (Age 1 → Age 2)

• Boston Tea Party (Massachusetts): Now arrives fast (5 seconds)

• Virginia General Assembly (Virginia): Has been moved to the regular homecity

• [NEW] Virginia Plan (Virginia): “Upon arrival, this card grants you 2 shipments to spend.”

• Delaware Age-up Reward: Improved to 300f (from 200)

• Slater Textile Mill (Rhode Island): Effect updated as follows: “Grants 30 Food or 20 Wood for each Settler and Fishing Boat you currently have and reduces the cost of training new ones.”

Aztecs
CIVILISATION
Gift Ceremony: Is now the default option at the Community Plaza (affects all civilizations that it is accessible to)

UNITS & BUILDINGS
Warrior: Adjusted as follows:

• Population cost removed (previously 1); affects all civilizations that the unit is accessible to – This will enable the unit to spawn and be used defensively even if the player has lost some houses, the existing build limit of 6 has not been changed

• Firing animation improved

• Jaguar Prowl Knight: adjusted as follows

• Cost improved to 90f and 30c (from 120f and 30c); attack and hitpoints adjusted accordingly (reduced by 20%)

• Speed improved to 4.75 (from 4.5)

• Shipments and Big Buttons that deliver Jaguar Prowl Knights adjusted accordingly

• Arrow Knight: adjusted as follows

• Hitpoints, damage and cost all increased by 7% – this change will increase the unit’s durability against artillery such as Falconets which previously could defeat them with a single blast

• Shipments of Arrow Knights still deliver the same number of units (which are now all 7% stronger)

• Added visual differences for Legendary upgrades of Aztec military units for better recognizability

CARDS

• Added colors to all Aztec unit card icons for better recognizability

• All Native and foreign allies cards: Can now be sent twice (only affects the Aztec civ)

• Great Temple of Quetzalcoatl Support: Moved to age 3 (from 4); coin cost and number of units shipped adjusted accordingly

• [NEW] Calmecac (I): “Ships 1 Warrior Priest. The next Council Member you research, or are researching, will Age-up twice as fast.”

• [NEW] Calendar Ceremony (I): “Ships 1 Warrior Priest. Enables the new Calendar Ceremony at the Community Plaza which reduces the cost of your next Age-up, overtime” – The rate is 0.5 resources per Villager per second (Warrior Priests have the efficiency of 2x Vils)

• [NEW] Ritual Gladiators (III): “Ships 1 Jaguar Prowl Knight for each 2 you have lost so far (up to a maximum of 16).”

• [NEW] 5 Warrior Priests (III): Simple shipment of

• [NEW] Wall of Skulls (IV): “Ships 1 Skull Knight for each 2 you have lost so far (up to a maximum of 13).”

• [NEW] Otontin Slinger Combat (IV): “Otontin Slinger improved in combat”

• [NEW] Chichimeca Rebellion (IV, costs 1k of each resource): “Rebellion! The resistance of the Chichimeca ennobles your currently present War Hut warriors. turning them into Knights. Villagers become Warriors when defeated.”

• Warrior Culture (IV): Now has the following effects (for all civilizations that it is accessible to)

• Is now also available to the Aztecs (previously wasn’t)

• Now improves Villager ranged attacks by +700% and Villager melee attacks by +200% (changed from increasing all damage actions by +200%)

• Warrior unit spawned via the “Call the People Ceremony” at the Community Plaza no longer loses hitpoints

Random Maps

• 2 NEW South American Regions

• 1 NEW African Region

• Lots of minor tweaks and improvements

16 Likes

When I played the campaign “the war chiefs” I was a little disappointed that the Aztecs did not have a campaign. Its metropolis is one of the ones that I liked the most and I would very much like to be able to personalize it.

6 Likes