Number of civs?

The best civ list I could possibly contribute to the community, is never given by my (or anyone’s) worthless personal whims / hype. It is given by rock-solid, steel-substantiated History, taken at time periods throughout AoE4 timespan.

So, here it is. Take a look at the ‘Rise and Fall’ civ time analysis and investigation and the final result and Ranking (it even has fitting epic music):

https://forums.ageofempires.com/t/rise-fall-new-maps-music-time-analysis-ranking-how-do-top-dlc-civs-compare-vs-8-launch-civs-part-of-the-first-realistic-aoe4-dlc-investigation-in-the-forum/209141

Final Ranking of the investigation (I’ve deleted the amazing flags):

Full-Timespan Most Important + Criteria-Set-Worthy Civs Not Yet in AoE4:

1- Turks / Ottoman Empire

2- Persians

3- Roman Empire / Byzantine Empire

4- Japanese

5- Empire of Mali

6- Inca Empire

7- Korea / Goryeo

8- Khmer

9- Kingdom of Spain

10- Ethiopia

11- Aztecs

12- Majapahit Empire

13- Magyars / Hungary

14- Chola Empire

15- Norse / Vikings

16- Dai Viet / Vietnamese

17- The Crusader States / Kingdom of Jerusalem

AoE4 Full-Timespan Civs Overall Criteria-Set-Importance Ranking (Launch 8 Civs vs Must-Have DLC Civs):

1- Chinese

2- Turks / Ottoman Empire

3- Caliphate (Arabs)

4- Persians

5- Byzantines / Roman Empire

6- French

7- HRE

8- Japanese

9- Mongols

10- Delhi Sultanate

11- Rus

12- English

If you’re interested in the best DLC themes as investigated from rock-solid history (the famous Topic that may have fully predicted Gamescom new civs 2 months before any hints):

https://forums.ageofempires.com/t/poll-the-first-realistic-context-based-aoe4-dlc-investigation-poll-updated-new-flags-latest-snapshot-august-5/208064

We like your civ designs, I’ve adopted some of your ideas into my “best suggestions list”, and I generally agree with you, there’s never “too much content”.

However, in my opinion. yes you can have too many civs @Kameho3743 .

Even with 20 civs, not all of them are exactly in the same strength league actually, but their clashes are conceivable at least. If AoE has 100 civs, you’ll end up with

“Chinese vs Pong Poo” or “Ottoman Empire vs Nri”.

There’s a ridiculousness red line in a classic, history-based franchise.

4 Likes