Obstruction radius of opponent explorer prevents building at native and tp sockets

:arrow_forward: GAME INFORMATION

• BUILD #: ######
  • PLATFORM: Steam / Microsoft Store

:arrow_forward: ISSUE EXPERIENCED

:question: DESCRIBE THE ISSUE IN DETAIL (below). Limit to ONE issue per thread.

Here is the problem I’m experiencing…
Whenever opponent explorer is next to a tp or nat socket I can’t build on it which wasn’t an issue present before the remake.

:arrow_forward: FREQUENCY OF ISSUE

:question: How often does the issue occur? CHOSE ONE; DELETE THE REST.

• 100% of the time / matches I play (ALWAYS)

:arrow_forward: REPRODUCTION STEPS

:question: List the DETAILED STEPS we can take to reproduce the issue… Be descriptive!

Here’s the steps to reproduce the issue:

1. Place a building foundation for a trading post.
  2. Opponent has his explorer next to foundation.
  3. Try to build trading post and the foundation is obstructed.

:arrow_forward: EXPECTED RESULT

:question: What was supposed to happen if the bug you encountered were not present?
You’re able to build the trading post.

:arrow_forward: ACTUAL RESULT

:question: What actually happened (what went wrong) because of the issue you’re reporting?
You can’t build the trading post due to the opponents explorer.

:arrow_forward: GAME FILES

:question: Include a OneDrive or Google Drive link to a SAVE GAME or REPLAY FILE (.aoe2record) of the match where you encountered the issue.

:arrow_forward: IMAGE & ATTACHMENTS

:question: Attach a relevant PICTURE (.jpg, .png, .gif), VIDEO (.mp4, YouTube), DXDIAG FILE (.txt), or CRASH/GAME LOGS (.aoe2record, .txt) below.

You have to remove the enemy units first before building. ‘Not’ a bug nor an issue.

It is not a bug because an opponent outplays you or you simply don’t get to do exactly what you want.

This is equivalent to posting a bug or requesting balance changes when an opponent uses a worse civ and outskills you. It doesn’t mean what you did was correct nor the opponent was just using bugs.

No it’s a bug we’re talking about trading posts you can’t even walk over the socket… Just being next to it obstructs foundation which was not present before the remake. This is not how it’s supposed to work. Of course you can walk over foundations to obstruct other buildings from being built and that’s fine of course.

Have you played the game before the remake? Honestly the most insane thing I’ve ever heard to even suggest that it’s not a bug if you’ve ever played the game… If you think some dead explorer next to a trading post should make the socket permanently removed from play unless said explorer revives and moves away I assume you’ll also support 6x gurkha multiplier against HI (just card working as described at release), age I uhlans, units getting stuck in buildings when pathing in narrow places and revolt decks without revolting with infinite vills as merely new features of the game because the developers haven’t given their judgement as to what is and isn’t merely a new feature.

1 Like