Old timers check in! We pretend it is 1998!

Hey guys, I just got this great game from my new Windows 98 PC… something about Rome! Looks fun!

7 Likes

I know right? I received this demo disc in the mail and can’t stop playing it.

1 Like

The things I would do to play it like that again

with 56k modem

Mostly played single player but loved this game. I think I have owned every version including when it was on Windows Mobile. Would love to see a re-do of Rise of Nations as well.

@Elmer said:
Mostly played single player but loved this game. I think I have owned every version including when it was on Windows Mobile. Would love to see a re-do of Rise of Nations as well.

Rise of Nations: Extended Edition is on Steam in case you didn’t know.

1 Like

You guys know that you gan play AoE HD on steam right?

You gotta make sure you press the turbo button!!

You need a CD to play? Where do I sign up?

I actually still own a CD version of AoE. Got to up and running on my Windows 10 computer too haha.

I remember when I was thirteen years old playing the Rise of Rome: Trial version online with a pentium 100 and a 33,6 kbps in 2001 via Gaming Zone. :slight_smile:

I still have my CDs and play on my W10 tablet. I like the first game more than any sequel, really.

Same here received a demo and then bought the game … played age1 age2 … and
now age 3 20 years on still playing multiplayer on age of empires 3

I remember playing this on my Windows Mobile Audiovox There Pocket PC. I was so excited!

I played this game at a local book store that had a PC, I built bookshelves to off set my cost of using his computer and would play for hours, setting up games via ICQ!

Gaming zone was the bomb…

1 Like

I’m worried about the millennium bug though. Think it’ll send us back to the bronze age? :smiley:

@Ksawery said:
I remember when I was thirteen years old playing the Rise of Rome: Trial version online with a pentium 100 and a 33,6 kbps in 2001 via Gaming Zone. :slight_smile:

I played the trial version for years man. I owned the full version and still played it.

I can’t wait to re-create all the scenarios I built and scripted when I was a kiddo

I still remember my first trail disc and aoe game i played in windows 98 machine… still it drives me crazy about AOE game…

Dear God! I remember playing this game for hours! I hope they do the same thing for Age of Kings too! AOEII was by far my favorite! But still! Can’t freaking wait for this!

@Magic1 said:

@Ksawery said:

I played the trial version for years man. I owned the full version and still played it.

Of course! The Mediterranean multiplayer map of the Trial Version was awesome. I also liked the “semi Iron Age” of the Trial Version which allowed to play with Guard Towers but not Ballista Towers. :smiley: