Old timers check in! We pretend it is 1998!

My brother and I sat up all night playing historical challenges. One took him 3 hours to rescue some dude like Archimedes or something. At the very end, he saved the guy, then his phalanx turned and stabbed him. He was so mad lol. Man that was a long time ago…

Love hearing about all the good times everyone had…sounds like a lot of fun

Me and my brother in law started playing at 2pm we where still on till 6 am …lololoooowww

200MB well used on my brand new Mesh computer! Just a drop in the ocean on that 4GB hard drive.

Still playing today and Hittites my favorite, Cant believe they are finally making AoE 1 again. Gotta give them credit for listening to fans and players alike. Lets hope our dreams are what they hope, Just maybe a CD copy for nostalgia sake haha.

I was so used to lag back in the day, I remember playing with 250 ms ping almost all the time. The minimap on DM games was a piece of art when it was full colored by everyone, not a single inch was without color, and the taunts of the multiplayer, 17, 9. 11.

Really hoping the multiplayer ain’t broken.

haha. used a Windows VM on my Mac so I could play AOE 1.0. Still have the original discs.

pop 200 in under 4 mins

logic clan logic_turbo1

VOE_IceeFire10 here. don’t mind my gamer tag. I must have been compromised back in the day. Because apparently now I’m buttonychutoy. Ironically, it looks exactly like a random MSN gaming zone name.

This game looks soooo cool, saw a video of it on a Microsoft demo disk i got in the mail! i hope the combat is amaze sauce, i want to see a whole bunch of blood and gore!!!11111

1 Like

“Mum?! Are you planning to use the phone or waiting on any calls for the next few hours (or so?)???”

Good times.

??

Got my big boxed copies of AOE and ROR right here with me with their jewel cases from when I was little. Been playing since I was 4, can’t believe a remastered edition is finally coming

Let me dial in my 56K modem sweeet!. Then its at least 15 minutes before I can build any military.

TGO_Yoda11, DBD_Yodious, KS_Yodious

Guys the game seems really good but I just can’t beat that Battle of Tuna or whatever scenario…anyone has any tricks to beat those pesky red romans???

The good old days.

1 Like

Amazing, a new game from the company that makes my OS, incredible, I suppose that intel pentium II machine is going to worth it now.

Yeah well if it’s 1998, you’re dealing with at least one 6 year old here :smiley:

You guys cannot comprehend just how much I’ve been aching for this game to be remastered!

1 Like

When you’re modem make sound when its start :smiley: