On what makes sense for a possible European DLC

both of which Denmark was a prominent member off.

btw poland wasnt in the 30 years war.

were Denmark was Napoleons main ally, rather than some propped up state like the rest.

i dont see how they would be similar to those, IMO they would look a lot more like Portuguese with good ranged, but with some other aspects to boot. unlike russia they have good infantry, unlike Germans they have musk and good melee cav and unlike sweden they have skirmihers, and unlike ports they have grenadiers.

I think that directly the Poles build folkwarks instead of mills,the winged hussars would be the imperial improvement of the normal hussars,as it happens with the Spanish tercios…the golden freedom or the union of Lublin would be the unique technonologies of the Polish church… we can take many ideas from the Poles of the Napoleonic era mod…then the Poles of the aoe 3 DE would be like those of the aoe 2 DE,but adding all the characteristics of the aoe 3 DE and making them more differentiated with respect to the other European civs…

1 Like

I agree,then in a European dlc we would have to put Italy-Poland and then Denmark,Italy-Denmark and then Poland or Poland-Denmark and then Italy?..Who we put and who we take out?..the three nations were important,for one reason or another…

since they are generally less work all being european i dont think it is too unlikely a DLC could include them all.

the reason we only got 2 african factions is because of the amount of resources they take, but a european faction will only need like half the units and fairly little in regards to buildings since the factions can just adopt the existing architecture and units.

1 Like

Prussia and Austro-Hungary were more important over these civs!

but already in game, so no point talking about them.

X D

They are not in the game. A weak argument.

1 Like

“I think Austrians is pretty weird if you understand what the German civ entails. :wink:

so yeah, also prussian leader.

1 Like

I will say the same about Danes and Poles. Danes would be Swedes 2.0, and Poles would be Russians 2.0 :wink:

that is wrong though, frankly i wanna say harder words but still. the german civ is pan german, unless you want to lie about what prussia and austria are then they are in the game.

if you dont want to have your own nation in the game then that is your lose, but we have the germans, factions in game are not states they are nationalities, which means the states of prussia and austria falls within the nationality of germans.

2 Likes

Do you think such a vast and diverse people is one nation? Because in my opinion, the Germans are like the Slavs - they are divided into subgroups and nations. In the case of Western Europe, we do not talk about smaller nations because great but strong and unitary states arose there before something like nationalism was created. Therefore, at that time, Western Europe is a large country (connecting nations related to each other), and Eastern Europe is a one-nation state or oppressing smaller nations.

Since all Germans should be squeezed into one civ, why can’t all Scandinavians be?

They can be, Scandinavia can be Norse, or maybe Vikings depending on timeline.

2 Likes

yeah i do think so, they all speak the same language, and they were pretty much all a part of the HRE.

because they are not the same nationality, Iceland and norway both voted to seperate, meanwhile Austria votes to join germany. Austria as a nationality goes back less than a 100 years, before that they often just considered themselves German-austrians or catholic germans, culturally they are closer to bavaria than bavaria is to hamburg.

meanwhile nationalisme in scandinavia can be traced back to at least the 1600s, with civilians taking up arms against invaders for what very clearly is a national cause. like you think sweden burned and massacred villages because those places were super happy they were there? they had to actively spend decades to convert Scania despite similar religion.

in aoe 2 or 4 maybe, but this is aoe 3.

So Swedes civ represent all Scandinavians :wink:

Not at all

Let’s say for example they did change the Sweden civ name for all of Scandinavia, what would work best then?

no.

sweden and denmark havnt been united since the Kalmar union, and even then they were technically seperate kingdoms that just “happened” to vote on the same king every time.

whats next add portugal to spain? at least that actually falls within the time periode.

another issue here is that if you where to add dano-norwegian units to the swedish roster you’d break the game by making the strongest faction in the game, there is a reason sweden dont get skirmishers. also its just bizarre joining factions that historically fought 1 another the most, and who allied against each other time and time again.

Yes,they would all be like a mix of all German nations…

1 Like

Yes,something like xd

1 Like

If,in fact the civilization of the Germans represents the Holy Roman Empire as a whole,that is why they have units and technologies of Prussia,Austria,Bohemia,Poland,etc etc etc…