Once again: pls change the damn Inca team bonus /?/

Change it to farms have +2 LOS

For real, i would like extra food for the incas team bonus, but i think 1 civ may have it already.

Maybe 1 or 2 population room for each farm, is not a lot but it would be usefull early game

did I mention the farm? I don’t understand you Evillord

Gold units cost -5 gold

1 Like

for kerambit warrior this is strong but not stronger than genitours with Sipahi UT, in General, too much, and sometimes even stronger than the Portuguese bonus, maybe -3/-2

1 Like

A few other ones would be:

All research costs - 5-20% food,

Market sales +10 resources (or 27 minimum after researching the increase, or 24 without)

All units that cost food - 5 food

All buildings - 5-10% in cost

Great idea. Saracen infinite ressources from feudal onwards. What could possibly go wrong 11

3 Likes

How did you come to a conclusion that Inca are weak? And how is it connected to their team bonus? Inca have top 10 winrate in 1v1 at any skill level (and even top 5 at some skill levels) as well as have above 50% teamgames winrate. They are also sometimes picked in 1v1 tournaments (and not in Bo7 settings where half of civs are used anyways). So, how did you come to a conclusion that Inca need a buff? Because you read their team bonus and it’s weak? What a flawless logic, what if we apply it to other civs? Hmm, +50 starting gold for Aztec is a really underwhelming bonus, Let’s ramp it up to +150 to make it balanced, we clearly don’t want people who like playing Aztecs to be in a disadvantageous position because devs gave them such a weak bonus.
I said it, and I’ll say it again. Unless a change improves something relevant (balance between civs, variety of strategies, historical accuracy etc), it’s useless and shouldn’t be implemented. Keeping all of the individual bonuses at the same power level is irrelevant, since each civ is a combination of bonuses and not just one bonus. You never play as “+100% farm construction speed”. You play as Inca.

we did not say that the Incas are weak, just that civilization should have a clear essence, what is the essence of a useless bonus? this is only depressing, and this theme was created not for the sake of the Inca buff on the Pro scene, but for the sake of beauty and harmony

Farm upgrades are free.

1 Like

Infantry + 5-10% ramming speed

1 Like

are you serious? I’m laughing and I can’t stop.

like a good idea

1 Like

I am quite serious :smile:

1 Like

Eagle warriors and scouts + 2-7 attack vs archers

1 Like

Royal Guard: unique unit elite upgrade at the castle costs -50%

(This one is for fun)

Incas team bonus: Doordash Courier Delivery Service: eagle warrior’s and scout’s speed increased by 50% and are given doordash hats, picks up 100 food from your own market and delivers them to ally and enemy markets alike and gets paid 5 gold per delivery + tip

1 Like

The problem isn’t that incase are weak in 1v1, the problem is specifically that they might be weak in team games. Certainly it seems to me the core traits of Incas anti-synergise with teamgames

• Stone discount: Tower rushing in team games trends to be bad
  • Eagles: Knights, camels or elephants tend to be preferred.
  • Vills get blacksmith upgrades: using villagers offensively is extremely risky when scouts and archers may show up at any moment

Also individual bonuses are allowed to be weak or rubbish, but in the design of AOE2 a team bonus generally isn’t allowed to be weak. I would argue it would be preferable if strong team-game civs had weak team bonuses, but that’s definitely not how AOE2 had been designed.

I’d prefer a team bonus which effects eagles, or a few lama for everyone.
The former had the advantages that double-meso teams become viable rather than being stupid, and that Incas might no longer have unambiguously the worst eagles. The latter has the advantage that Inca 1v1 strength is unaffected.

3 Likes

For inca eagles specifically, they should regain their speed increase that they traded out for the defense increase from the unique tech while still keeping the defense increase. That on top of a team bonus of +2-7ish attack bonus towards archers for both eagle warriors and scouts would give them an edge in the area they seem to be pushing towards as a raiding unit and anti archer similar to the huskarl.
It won’t necesarrily make them better than other eagles, but it will make them more defined in their niche and thus better than they are now.

Just make so that the mill’s upgrades are researched instantly 50% faster, even a bit more like 60% or 80%, so to be sure that it doesn’t negatively impact your timing.

This alone would be enough in my opinion.

1 Like

Since sometimes the Inca bonus makes you finish the farm before horse collar kicks in it almost feels like a downside. I think the double farm HP is a fine idea, it will only help once in a blue moon when the enemy remembers farms can be attacked too (or when the units decide to be dumb and focus them first) while absolutely not changing the civ power’s otherwise.

You mean, for the sake of pleasing someones OCD?

And yet they have above 50% winrate in teamgames, and were picked 13 times out of ~20 in group stage and Battle of Africa 2 (this doesn’t prove they are strong, since 20-60 civs are picked each matchup, but at least this proves they are neither bottom tier nor S-tier). Theoretical predictions are cool and all, but is there an actual proof Inca are weak?
When teamgames are concerned, Inca are alright in ranked ladder according to their winrate (i.e. they are decent for plebs like us), and they are used in tournaments, so pro players and their viewers don’t miss out on variety (whether it’s because they are good or because tournament settings force players to pick 15+ civs).

Unless there is some kind of interview with the devs stating that, these are speculations, and nothing more. Likewise, I don’t see anything in the game indicating that team bonuses are supposed to be equal. Just look at Lithuanians team bonus and compare it with Huns team bonus.

1 Like

In other words, you want to improve the bonus in a way that it’s still useless to solve the problem of this bonus being useless (i.e. a non-problem). Great.