Once again: pls change the damn Inca team bonus /?/

No, it’s to make it go from sometimes detrimental to just useless, which would be less annoying for players.

To prevent players from building maybe 1 or 2 unupgraded farm in some rare cases? Seems like an abysmally insubstantial issue. I think things like water balance or Arambai on Arena deserve more attention than this. Maybe some time in the future.

1 Like

I don’t feel like it takes any attention tho, it takes like 2 seconds to think about it.

Incas have a 1.36% play rate though, in the team ladder. To me this is much more informative than the 50.5% win rate.

There are many good reasons why civ strength might not correlate with win rate. The stats probably indicate that Incas are among strong compared with other infrequently-played civs, but that’s not saying much.

If Incas were reasonably attractive in team games, the play rate would be between 2% and 3%. (The average is 3%, but there are some civs which are extremely attractive, and take up a significant portion of the picks.)

You’re right I should have used have used descriptive language rather than prescriptive language, but I stand by my points. Team bonuses generally feel approximately equally strong (Team bonus | Age of Empires Series Wiki | Fandom), and about half fall in the following catagories:

• a building gets a minor work-rate boost (20% if it’s a military building)
  • a unit gets a minor boost (+2 LOS, +1 range, +2 vs archers)
  • walling is slightly cheaper / better

In contrast civ bonuses vary all the way from civ-defining (farm discount, extra attack for knights & leitis, free handcart & wheelbarrow) to nigh useless (villagers kill wolfs in 1 hit). To be fair useless civ bonuses are rare too.

Britons (one of the strongest team civs) has a very significant team bonus, and there’s no evidence I’m aware of that team bonuses were chosen with team-game balance in mind.

1 Like

It may only take 2 seconds to spit out some random changes, but it takes a lot of consideration to implement a good one. When you change something, you need to consider different possibilies. Maybe there are more elegant ways to improve this bonus. Maybe it’s better to replace it with 10% farm discount. Maybe it’s better to make free lama a team bonus. Maybe it’s better to leave it as is. How does it only take 2 seconds for you to consider all those possibilties and decide whichever works the best?

Inca are unpopular because for conventional strategies (archer and eagles) mayans are better in every regard. The only distinctive feauture of Inca is their tower/villager rush, which is an unpopular strategy. And you won’t fix this by adding slight team eco bonus, because people will still pick mayans if they want a meso civ with archers. If you want to make Inca popular without making them unbalanced, you need to rework them, remove villager rushing, add something else instead.

1 Like

I don’t understand what you want, how many people should start explaining to you so that you can understand why we are asking for this change?

Arguments convince me, not people, so it doesn’t matter how many people repeat same words. You want to buff a civ, because you personally dislike some numbers, as indicated by your words

You are basically saying that the civ might be in a good spot, but we urgently need to buff it anyways.

1 Like

No,
Inca are especially unpopular in team games because for conventional strategies (archer and eagles) mayans are better in every regard. The only distinctive feauture of Inca is their tower/villager rush, which is a bad strategy in team games.

If the Inca’s allies were significantly stronger than the Mayans allies, this would be changed.

Probably you’d need something very strong, on the scale of turning the 15% stone discount into a team bonus. (Remember Mayans get 50% discounted stone walls.) Giving a free lama isn’t quite enough, but it is an improvement.

clear, clear, go on

absolutely

Eagle warriors+all upgrades available at the barracks for all civs when allied to incas
(Yes I know that’s wierd 11)

Monks +50% walking speed

Short answer: no.
Long answer: no, please no.

2 Likes

That team bonus is just bad… +1 carry capacity for farmer would be better if you want to have a farm-related bonus. Otherwise something suggesting the countering identity of Incas, like Spearman and skyrms +2 los or +5 hp…

I don’t understand, are you suggesting that you enhance their trash wars with a team bonus? I think the very idea of strengthening their TWs is good because their units cost a lot of gold, so it will run out quickly,and probably the developers added a small bonus to skirm because of this, but do not forget that all Inca units also cost a lot of food, so I see the idea of a team bonus in order to solve this problem

I am saying that, if you do not want to give a farm related bonus, you can give a bonus related to their countering identity. So buffing spears/skyrms may work…

1 Like

Let’s just combine this with Buff the Flaming Camel and make the Inca team bonus a buff for suicidal units like petards, saboteurs, flaming camels, and demos. Flaming camels need a buff anyway.

the Incas don’t have Heavy Demolition Ships, what places did you crawl out of?

flaming camels are already very cost effective.
you want to know why they don’t see much use? people don’t like suicide units. its why you don’t see petards or even demo ships that much.

Maybe make outposts not cost stone and cost 15 wood as a team bonus?

1 Like

Maybe change Andean Sling to their team bonus and give them the old Couriers (extra speed) as their UT?

How this went from changing the TEAM BONUS to buffing Incas in general? something like sheep +2 LOS or 10% sheep speed or eco techs research 80% faster would be fine, helpful and not as broken as other suggestions in this thread.

1 Like