Ottoman Landmarks Arent Awesome and Well Built

That’s what I meant. The Great Bombard factory, where bombards are being produced, is almost the size of one single Great Bombard.

This never happened to any other unit, any other civ in game!

The real edifice is so tall, in past, huge cranes hauled multiple Bombards inside.

4 Likes

I like Deer stones, Steppe Redoubt, White Stupa, Khaganate Palace, Tower of Victory, Compound of the Defender, Dome of the Faith., Palace of the Sultan, Astronomical Clocktower. Steppe Redoubt, , Deer Stones, white stupa are my favorites. I think they are awesome. Ottoman landmarks dont shines like them. When I see them in the map, I understand that they are land mark so easly.

3 Likes

Well if the made the landmark building bigger, then people would be complaining that it would be to difficult to place out on the map because of taking up to much space!

Can’t have one or the other.

2 Likes

I can see why you like those landmarks.

But Palace of the sultan. Really?

I know what people like or dont like is a matter of personal taste.

But Palace of the Sultan is the saddest looking landmark of them all.

It’s suppose to look like a Palace. For a Sultan, The highest social rank one can achieve.

It honestly looks like a dog house.
it also barely has any details at all! Except for the embroidment around the towers, all the other textures are flat, and there is nothing decorative around it. It looks completely lifeless.

3 Likes

Palace of Sultan is not bad but I think it is small so it doesnt shine so much.

1 Like

There you got a point.
The (beta version) of Mega Bombard foundry and the 3-tower Castle landmark are a little taller than a house. Both should be a lot taller, like most other civs Landmarks.

You can make a building taller without changing 4x4 tiles.

3 Likes

The only one I agree Kameho in part is Palace of Sultan. Its architecture is amazing, colors beautiful, but size and height are off indeed.

I love AoE4 landmarks and I fully trust the devs. I want to communicate with the devs. Becasue I don’t want the same thing to happen to Ottoman landmarks, because Age of Empires deserve better.

The Tophane height is so short, ceiling elements not genuine, see photo. The height is so off, that I couldn’t even recognize it, and seeing Great Bombard coming out of this small factory may seem ridiculous. Kilitbahir Castle and Twin Minaret have a big problem both with size and also height, landmarks are 4x4, but they are not filling up 4x4 space.

2 Likes

Game design needs to consider the overall consistency. In my opinion, Ottoman landmarks are no different from other civilization landmarks in the game, neither particularly fine nor particularly rough, they have a consistent style. If a developer wants to change the appearance granularity of an Ottoman landmark, then the developer also needs to change the other civilization’s landmarks to have a consistent appearance.

5 Likes

This Topic is not against consistency, it’s advocating for consistency in Age of Empires.

It’s not an Ottoman-only problem, it already happened before to Delhi’s ‘Palace of Sultan’, ‘Compound of Defender’ and ‘Tower of Victory’. They have serious sizing problems.

Why are English and Chinese landmarks so huge and awesome and Delhi’s have that problem? Big inconsistency.

The problem with Ottoman landmarks is EVEN WORSE. It’s not only sizing, some of them also look TERRIBLE, at least in beta version. Not awesome at all.

There’s serious inconsistency in landmarks and it’s not about “granularity”, it’s modeling, sizing, and textures.

There must be an urgent dialogue about this to defend consistency, the time to do so is obviously now. Age of Empires 4 needs to get it right this time.

4 Likes

Age 1 grand pazar is ;

Realiyty grand bazar is:

I dont see any thing about grand. But devs says this grand bazaar, it cant be helped, we have to call grand bazaar. But dear devs listen us. Grand Pazaar is symbol of İstanbul. Many tourist visits there. Make the grand pazaar great again. I think grand pazaar is not too hard to be built.:slight_smile:

3 Likes

classic case of having to complain about somthing. Is it that hard to be happy and positive about somthing in ur life

4 Likes

When you arent happy something, you can complain. For example if devs didint make something about your favorite civ, I know that you will whine everyday so this is not releated with being happy or sad. Moreover when a civ is made, devs wont change civ properties. Dlc isnt released yet so devs can change what is made wrong. And from your perspective, forums shouldnt exists.

4 Likes

Completely wrong, I would give productive criticism and point out both the good and the bad and make a comprehensive argument for both sides so a person reading it can make his own opinion on a topic and don’t polarize something from 4-min video material without even being able to play the content currently.

2 Likes

I can’t see what is being complained about though.
All landmarks seem fine, of course they don’t take into account how those landmarks look today, because today these things may have seen some restauration or aging on the building material.

The landmarks do indeed look in line with all the other landmarks, I don’t see a problem.

Now when you bring up a complaint about landmarks for the ottoman, then maybe you have to take into consideration that you are very biased here. You might even want more polish for these landmarks than for the others, since it is your favorite civ?
So first, bias needs to take a backseat when making constructive criticism.

Because telling the devs to do something “better” or making something more “grand” doesn’t help at all.

Coming back at the bombard factory - every single unit production building wouldn’t be able to train or construct the unit that comes from it. Infantry is taller than the doors are high for example.

4 Likes

Wow. The Grand Bazaar was already the world’s BIGGEST and FIRST mega shopping mall six hundred years ago.

Honestly, this beta Landmark is nothing less than an INSULT to our intelligence and knowledge. An INSULT to History. My heart desperately wants to believe it’s just a beta model.

My God it’s absolutely RIDICULOUS. Why waste so much empty ground with few carpets??? A MUCH better model can fit in 4x4 tiles!!

Devs are doing a lot of things right. But time to say it like it is: based on info so far, the DEFICIENCY of some beta Otto Landmarks is simply EXTRAORDINARY and an INSULT to AoE.

@falcon0920 is right.

Make the Grand Bazaar grand again!!

3 Likes

I dont complain because of only ottoman my favorite civ but also land mark is special building. It should have been correctly built. As you can see some of ottoman land marks arent corretly built and devs dont give too much care on them. Other civs landmarks are generally awesome. Ottoman some land marks arent well built, they are normal building. I write here and hope devs will change.

3 Likes

In fact the idea of the landmarks had already been implemented with the Asian civs of aoe 3, but it was with aoe 4 that this was standardized to all the civs…

Yes, in fact the great bazaars were the predecessors of modern shopping malls, although Greece and Rome already had similar buildings…

In antiquity, marketplaces and fairs were established to facilitate the exchange of goods and services. People would shop for goods at a regular market in nearby towns. However, the transient nature of stalls and stall-holders meant the consumers needed to make careful inspection of goods prior to purchase. In ancient Greece, the agora served as a marketplace where merchants kept stalls or shops to sell their goods.[5]

Ancient Rome utilized a similar marketplace known as the forum. Rome had two forums; the Forum Romanum and Trajan’s Forum. Trajan’s Market at Trajan’s forum, built around 100-110CE, was a vast expanse, comprising multiple buildings with tabernae that served as retail shops, situated on four levels.[6] The Roman forum was arguably the earliest example of a permanent retail shopfront.[6] In the Roman world, the central market primarily served the local peasantry. Those who lived on the great estates were sufficiently attractive for merchants to call directly at their farm-gates, obviating their need to attend local markets.[7]

Shopping lists are known to have been used by Romans. One such list was discovered near Hadrian’s wall dated back to 75–125 CE and written for a soldier.

The first commercial center in history was Trajan’s Market, built during the rule of Emperor Trajan in the second century.In the modern age, the first structure resembling what is considered a “commercial center” today is located in the city of Damascus, capital of Syria. It is called Al-Hamidiyah in the ancient souk of Damascus and dates back to the nineteenth century. Grand Bazaar of Isfahan, which is largely covered, this one dates back to the seventeenth century.The 10 kilometers long covered Grand Bazaar of Tehran also have a long history.The Grand Bazaar of Istanbul, built in the fifteenth century and remains one of the largest covered markets in the world, with more than 58 streets and 4000 shops.

Gostiny Dvor in St. Petersburg, which opened in 1785, can be considered as one of the first purpose-built shopping complexes type of shopping malls, as it consisted of more than 100 stores with an area of more than 53,000 m² (570,000 square feet).

2 Likes

Shopping malls are fun. Mega malls in medieval history are fascinating. But the topic of “shopping malls” is off-Topic.

Fifty-eight streets, each with their own Postal Code; four thousand shops.

All the markets of Greece and Rome all together, can’t even remotely dream of comparing with Grand Bazaar in Istanbul. Isfahan and Tehran, both in Persia, came later (prob not larger either), so are not the first mega mall.

Anyways, I’m discussing the beta model of the relevant Landmark in last post above.

1 Like

Omg ! Guyz this is a GAME after all ! Just come ooon ! They look great !
İf it is something that should be changed is arrow graphics still look disgusting.

3 Likes

I agree that Grand Bazaar landmark beta model is inadequate. But I want to highlight the incredible work devs are doing overall.
Mali architecture, Mali wonder, Mali walls are just spectacular! I’m in awe (look my face photo), can’t wait to play Mali. Great bombards and Sipahi look incredible awesome too! Only Janissary lacks sword or axe.

We appreciate everything, every detail that you do @developers , we love you! :heart:

That’s why we can see just how much room you can improve Ottoman landmarks. I reiterate my kind and humble petition to please devote a little energy to enhancing Grand Bazaar, Twin Minaret Madrasa, Tophane great bombard foundry, Imperial Council models.

Age of Empires 4 deserves it at this moment :pray: Make Ottoman landmarks great again, AoE wins

4 Likes