Ottoman Landmarks Arent Awesome and Well Built

otto landmarks look so unique compared to those tacky pile of stones and steppe redoubt i saw there. the resemblance with the real ones is so good!! (not talking about aspect ratio height and the texture and rustiness of the 5667th stone of the 5th wall since you are all designers and experts in ancient architecture, just the final finish that most of average players love).

Steppe Redoubt not only is a genuinely cool building bro, it got the spirit. It’s somehow absolutely MASSIVE, GIGANTIC compared to these puny, unexplainable Otto beta landmark models

2 Likes

Landmarks are on par with all the others.

2 Likes

Guys I love age of 4. I always say that devs have done excelent job for doing these great landmarks and music.When I play with other civ, I spend some time seeing awesome landmarks. They are absolutely awesome. I just say Otto landmarks need some fix and I hope devs will do it. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Come on. One has to force the boundary of shamelessness and disonesty to disagree that we have a problem here.

Bombard factory looks like a ridiculous dwarf.

Lots of exciting, brilliant things coming on October 25, but this fellow comrades, is not good for Age of Empires.

3 Likes

I seriously can’t recognize the original Grand Bazaar from the in game model. Did it have a radically different architecture back then? Where is the orange? where are those white dome-like thingies? what is that mini tower at the back of the game building? I can’t find it anywhere in the original building, maybe I have not seen the right angle but I think it doesn’t exist in reality.

Are we absolutely sure that is the Grand Bazaar? No doubts about it?

3 Likes

I assume it is grand bazaar. It accelerates the economy. I dont know what is it if it isnt grand bazaar. I know only think this building doesnt deserve landmark tag.

2 Likes

maybe (not likely) is the otto market design

Maybe it is the SMALL bazaar

or maybe they did everything wrong (again)

4 Likes

Good question. Let’s think.

If you designed a market Landmark for Ottomans in AoE4, would you choose a secondary market instead of the most iconic bazaar in the history of civilization?

3 Likes

History lesson for the locals:
The grand bazaar of Istanbul, and indeed any bazaar in the Middle Eastern world is not a building. It is a street that, if it gets really popular, has a roof built over it to help with this pesky thing called bad weather. That landmark looks nothing like a street now, does it? It’s purposefully built, has a grand entrace, a rectangular courtyard and a well in the middle. Which suggests a caravanserai.
So you pop “Ottoman caravanserai” into Google and voilá, here’s your landmark:

For the record, I agree the landmarks are handled fairly poorly. Many of them have glaring chronological issues (which stand out like a sore thumb vis-a-vis those that were properly researched; Age 2 Chinese Barbican is really a gate of a former barbican after the walls were demolished and the gate got redesigned as a tourist lookout, hence those rails and staircase, sometimes around WW1
 meanwhile the Age 2 HRE Meinwerk palace is designed to represent the real thing as it would have looked back then instead of how it looks today, showing a diametrically different amount of effort went into research of one civ over the other) and their compaction doesn’t make for the best looking RTS buildings out there, but that’s in common with most buildings in the game looking fairly bleh, so what can you do.

6 Likes

You discovered it I think. Or almost. Are you Turkish?
I think I discovered the correct one, Sultanhani Caravanserai from the 1100s in Aksaray province (still the landmark model is pretty awful, look at stone walls):

This landmark is very old. So you actually discovered it’s Seljuk, not Ottoman. Also discovered it’s an age 2 landmark, not an age 4 landmark as believed.

5 Likes

TeenChutoy289 and politicalAmoeba7, thanks man. You find it. I learn these cervansaray from you. I think orginal building deserves landmarks tag. This is a huge awesome building but devs did it small. If they take the original plan and put it in the game, I can say easly this is awesome land mark but current landmark doesnt deserve landmark tag.

1 Like

I share some malian landmarks. Some of them huge and all of them are detailed. All mailan landmarks are awesome. Ottoman land marks arent built such detailed level and size.
safasfsafsaf
asfasfsafsafasf45

Probably it is wonder.
sddsfsf
QQæˆȘć›Ÿ20220828011227

5 Likes

Anytime! I’m confident the landmark is Sultanhani, Google says it’s a region full of caravanserai, right on the Silk Road.
I’m still flabbergasted they would not pick Grand Bazaar, I guess because age 2 consideration.
@TeenChutoy289 Where are you from? If may ask

1 Like

Nice discovery. We all thinking Grand Bazaar. Definitely age 2, not age 4 landmark.
I typed Sultanhani on Maps and got this location in Turkey, matches perfectly with your description.
Now we just hope in game model is improved to look like a proper Landmark.

3 Likes

I dig Malian architecture, it’s ultra unique almost extraterrestrial, it’s a turning point in AoE.

That’s the tragedy for the Ottoman landmarks: Being matched with Mali in Oct 25 expansion.
Devs clearly devoted a thousand times more effort to build these breakthrough Mali landmark masterpieces, it shows.

Please @developers , as a big Mali fan (look my face photo), devote a little love to save the Ottoman landmarks before Oct 25!

3 Likes

And if it looked like that huge real market including streets it would entirely blow up proportions and there would be tons of threads with proportion complaints. What’s the deal with those arguments that rely so much on realism anyways? If that was our standard AoE4 wouldn’t have been designed as an RTS in the first way. I agree with previous posts that mongol landmarks do not have that many details either but I do not really see a problem, in fact I think ottoman landmarks are just fine. What matters now should be functionality and balance.

1 Like

Man, I dont want ottoman landmarks as fine, I want ottoman land marks shines like other civs landmark. Devs have the talent to make Otto landmarks great. I hope they use their talent to make age of 4 great for every civ. If devs make other civs landmark careless , I would say again they are normal building because I care about Age of 4 success. :slight_smile:

3 Likes

I think the landmarks look very good to the ottomans. The most important would be to open a new ottoman category for AOE4, so the fanboys could go to that place. :smiley:

2 Likes

Man, I will see you guys when devs make your civs bad and you will whine every day at the forum. :rofl:

2 Likes