Ow yeah boy, new civ confirmed + new update

I hope for Moroccans civ.

7 Likes

IMPERIO DO BRASIL SERIA LEGAL

1 Like

Since we got Arabia map, maybe the new civ is middle eastern? I could see a civ based around oil.

3 Likes

Weird that there are no official threads for these updates hmm.

Anyway- awesome update, as always! Devs are doing a stellar job, it’s crazy 3DE is still getting support and of that quality. Thank you Devs! :gift_heart:

edit: went through the whole changelog and for a XYZth update it’s just indecently great - fixes, improvements, new content from small to big stuff and still a bright future ahead. I really hope I’ll be able to pay dev team something soon enough. Got US civ for free, and Mexico and African DLCs were priced really well IMHO :sparkles:

10 Likes

I never imagined that my main complaint would be about aesthetics, ‘Rangers’ What a lazy name not to mention that they look like a slight reskin of American sharpshooters.

Historical British riflemen were called Green jackets because they wore Green Jackets, just like their line infantry were called Redcoats because they wore …Red coats.

If any unit should be reskinned for the British rifleman unit it’s the Cassador, who’s armaments and uniforms (but in a different colour) were nearly identical to british green jackets.

the art of these new cards is so lit

2 Likes

Curious why the patch wasn’t advertised on twitter.

I’m ready guys

53 Likes

They look pretty distinct from Sharpshooters. Their early game model looks to be based off of Roger’s Rangers (hence the name) not Green Jackets. Once they get the Imperial upgrade they look a lot like Green Jackets and Cassadors.

3 Likes

The guard model is actually identical to green jackets. The base and veteran model looks more like a colonial ranger but there is a number 95 on the cap (95 rifles).
My guess why it is not called green jacket or rifleman:

1. Rifleman sounds too generic
  2. Green jacket sounds as if it is parallel to redcoat so had better be a royal guard upgrade
  3. There is an Indian card (oddly) called green jacket

But I do think the unit should be called rifle or green jacket because the entire unit design is based on that.

7 Likes

You will have to use the second file XD

1 Like

welp time for a hotfix, and they kept the original Greenwich effect, thats gonna be uhmmm…interesting.

I guess its Pax Britannica for a couple of days

w8 yeomen is also still bugged…thats not good

1 Like

It’s the same effect between live and PUP, only on live it is worded differently to better describe how it works. I also find GMT a bit overrated. It is very much map dependent and requires a lot of map control.

the problem is that you can get 2 tp very easily with it and makes up for slower age up just about immediately since it cuts time nearly in half and you get 2 tps of xp

on non tp map the same effect is achieved with native tps as well and that means brits can just do native rushes with very early age up

That is theorycrafting. Unfortunately, so far it seems GMT cuts too much steam in your boom. Aging up late can be a death sentence in many match ups. The only place i managed to squeeze GMT without making it all in is after the manors boom is done for a quicker age 3 and 4.

1 Like

“Come to Brazil? No, Brazil is coming to you.”

6 Likes

Photo mode is AMAZING, I’ve been asking for something like this full camera rotation for a long time.

2 Likes

But the icon doesn’t resemble a green jacket (hat is totally wrong)…I suppose that could be fixed later.

Yeeeeeeeeees :hugs::hugs::partying_face::partying_face::hugs::hugs:
Thank you devs :pray:t2::clap:t2::pray:t2:
Seems we will finally get Persians

18 Likes