Patch for Build 15.30007

20 Likes

Long live pillared walls!

Edit: We already checked, no new challenge unfortunately.

19 Likes

Glad to see walls got nerfed and that the game is not quite abandoned as we feared for now. Some comments on these cards:

I mean better than nothing I guess but an Age I card worth only worth 1 villager of normal resources, autonerfed because it is not focused on the one resource you need in Age I and unlike Feitoras is not incremental?

They should have gone for making it unique and buff the xp and export trickle (by way more)

And here comes another useless card for Chinese that is not even as much as military drummers.

Although a small nod to see disciple speed change, they are still by far the slowest shock infantry in the game and the only one that cannot snare (maybe Age II onwards as well to keep Age I balance)

6 Likes

Thank you Age of empires team

I still won’t build a single pilar, despite the nerf :joy: make it a bigger nerf, then I might consider building pillars

now for real.

I honestly think AOE3 walls should copy AOE IV walls, Meaning no pillars in the middle only begining and ending of the wall. There are just too many pilars in AOE3 to actually care about them…

I would suggest to completely rework the wall sytem in AOE3 so there is only 1 pillar in the begining 1 pillar in the end

In AOE IV, if you start walling, you could go from corner to corner, And you won’t see a single pillar unless you stop, That is what I mean, if you began a wall until you stop let there be no pilar.

14 Likes

Now that the Ak would be heavy infantry, could the JPK stop being heavy infantry?

1 Like

Whoa now those are some big aztec nerfs

Everyone and their mother is getting team 3 vils in age 3, so the aztec card isnt that special anymore

AK is now both light and heavy infantry countered by both skirms and counter skirms.

AK is also countered by culvs.

No more cover mode for coyotes

Hausa getting team range infantry attack is a massive massive buff, potentially dangerous even.

another +15% atk on akan musks and maigadi is scary

6 Likes
  • Arrow Knight: Is now also classified as Heavy Infantry.

What…? Why? Skirmisher + Cannon gonna stomp Aztec even more.

• [NEW] Belanda Hitam (IV, 500c): Ships a number of Akan Ankobias. Enables them to be trained at Native Embassies, +3 Native Embassy Travois.

I like the way they use this Indonesian terms to avoid controversy by using “Bl4ck Dutchmen”.

• Reservistas (IV): Now also classifies Insurgentes as Gunpowder Troopers, but their range is reduced to 12 (from 14).

I would say specific for this unit, even if their range reduced to 10, it’s still fine.

• Naval Infantry (III): Moved to Age 1 and now also applies to Ordinance Riflemen.

Still not worth to take on water/island maps.

GRAN COLOMBIA
  • 2 Steamers (infinite): Card added.

Personally I think German, Spanish, Portuguese is the best water map faction with this revolution, with the added 2 Steamers it is even more.

1 Like

Do they consider it an improvement to make the wall normal?

The reason why the pillar is removed is as follows:
The wall is built faster.
The pillar is a weak point because torch attacks affect the adjacent walls.
Wood is spare.

I appreciate the effort, but I think they are ultimately just making the pillar mandatory. There is no real change.

there is a lot of useless changes in patch, moving redundant cards to lower just to still be redundant. Noticed patch text errors with respect to envoys building banks not TPs from the BEI card and Maltese 40% tp card i dont the in game card label changed. havent looked for enytthing else yet.

1 Like

yes and that is good, since walls are op

3 Likes

Christ, do the devs just hate Ports? What are these changes? Also no new Cards for them, great…

Good! Pillarless walls are an abomination and should go the way of cav boxes.

6 Likes

(Merchant Republics (I): I like the change, but it needs something more to be useful in competitive games. :sweat_smile:

(Carabinieri (III, Statuto Albertino): Very good change, but it hurts me not to be able to train them with the revolutions. :laughing:

(Trattoria / Buenos Aires): I’m glad ori that the bug will be fixed, but I wonder what the effect of this fix is on the game. (I guess I’ll know when the update comes out)

(Hire Li’l Bombards): I thought this was on purpose to compensate for the fact that Italians can’t have two factories.

I recommend then that the Argentine revolution can send a factory card. Additionally, the Hire Li’l Bombards card could make factories produce Li’l Bombards as a replacement for the current cannons of Italia.

(San Martin): I hope this means they gave San Martin some extra upgrades.

I hope this works, but I would like to see the walls receive a complete rework.

(2 Steamers (infinite): I hope they will reverse this change. I could be wrong, but weren’t steamers used by Chile and Peru during the Pacific War? maybe they should be able to train them from the ports?

([NEW] German Settlements): Thank you very much, Chile urgently needed an improvement in its economy. :smile:

([NEW] JunĂ­n Hussars): I hope this card gives the Peruvian Hussars a unique look. :slightly_smiling_face:

(Cuzco): I suppose that helps boost Peru’s economy and facilitates the production of Peruvian guards, but I would like them to be able to train from the barracks and fortresses.

PS: I want to think that this topic was taken into account.

Seriously, there’s nothing on the horizon. :pleading_face:

3 Likes

people were spamming cover mode spies with 15 hand attack in Supremacy

and Ordinance rifle were so cheap that Port dont die in Treaty

As for the feitoria dont know

1 Like

The wall itself has never been OP, it’s just that in certain situations defensive or boom civilizations benefit greatly.

Forcing the pillar to be built only shows how useless the building is.
​

1 Like

Might as well say Town Centers are useless also since you’re forced to build one to make villagers.

2 Likes

Long answer critique upcoming:

Good things:
(I won’t include opinions about bug fixing, but they always are pleasing)

I’ve always thought Culverins had extra damage against Siege Units, and when I discovered they did not, I thought “Devs should rectify”. It’s a great idea.

I like to use Zouaves with France (Mediterranean Army), I’ve even modded them to be red when I play France with blue color. However, they usually are not very useful, but very durable instead. I hope use them more now.

It looks like a smart solution for Walls’ trouble

New options for civs with historical background are always happily welcome!

I suppose the rates are balanced.

It was already mandatory, now is not bad.

Bad things:

These are a hard nerf against Aztec and Inca.

I just read Arrows were a mild counter to Skirmishers, who had not a bonus against them, nor surpass very well their resistance. Now, that is over.

Suggestions and wishes:
Aztec economy has been debated, I proposed that the Trading Posts provide a trickle of resources, symbolizing the tribute demanded from the Aztec Empire. However, another solution crossed my mind:
1 Gold Prospector [INF] card. Synergizing with Aztec Mining card, this card will provide the historically justified Aztec fame of being a rich city and empire, (and will create a greater incentive to conquer their city).

Add a way to Aztec for combating massed Skirmishers:

• Remove JPK “Heavy Infantry” tag and give them bonus against all Infantry, but not (or a very small bonus) against cavalry
  • With a card or another expensive way, give Otontin Slinger bonus against Light Infantry. (And a ROF promotion to desync them)

Maltese
I have not seen more than a small buff in [NEW] TEAM Frugal Constructions card. I advocate again for strength their army. Give Sentinels:

• Increased resistance aimed to late game, maybe with IV age Tongue cards.Âż
  • Siege Resistance
  • A bonus against Siege units, including Artillery and Grenadiers
  • +1 range with melee attacks

Italians

• A bigger limit to Lombards’ resource pool.

Convert Papal Bombards in something useful. Increasing the attack? The ROF? The speed? Reduce the population use?

French
For French (or, at least, Revolutionary French) I would like a card or Church Tech like this:

• Bataillon des Chasseurs Royaux: Enable Mounted Riflemen on Fortsgive them a new look and reduce their population in -1.

An Infinite shipment of French mercenaries (some like, 3 Zouaves, 3 Fusiliers, 3 Mounted Fusiliers)

Just another thing. Please, I’m begging you. If you already are making a hat as a separate part of a unit, like Poruchik or Old Guard, release the hat as a hat, and the unit without the hat. It give us modders new ways to creative working. If you could release the Longbow age4 hat as a functional hat, I would be very happy.

4 Likes

The benefits of a TC are too many to compare it with a building that is completely expendable.

The walls should simply work like in other AOE where the pillars are just points where a wall ends.

The good thing about this is that the player will have to spend more wood to make a decent wall in terms of resistance, but in practical terms there is no progress.

They aren’t expendable. They are there to hold up your walls. Now your pillarless walls are finally as flimsy as they look!

3 Likes