Persia civ suggestion

Different tribal affiliation marking on the Council characters, the huts and teepes around them, the background, different weapons or tools around the council (Lakota Scout with a Rifle, Hauds Chief with a Tomahawk…).

4 Likes

I was just thinking about it.
It’s nice if you can unlock other character animations.

2 Likes

Of course, this is just one of my proposals for the Americas.

For a second America DLC, I could add:

• Mapuche civ and Council of Three Fires - obligatory

Apache, Pueblo, Cherokee, Creek, Cree, Chumash, Comanche and Seminole - I think these are the most interesting natives of North America. 2-3 civs of these could become a fully playable civ.

3 Likes

Persians or rather Safavids should have a strong focus on Cav. The Turkic Azeris strongly dominated the armies, at least until Caldiran they are most important. The Ottoman Cannons and Muskets defeated the mounted Warriors decisively and Safavids tried to catch up quickly.
Later armies would focus on firearms, but still a strong core would be cavalry due to the influence and rule of Turkic and Mongol elites.

2 Likes

So, It’s basically another India. I don’t see why we need this.

The Persians are not the “second India” …

It was a great and interesting empire. It bordered the Ottomans and the Mughals at the same time - hence some similarities to both cultures. Despite this, Persian culture is unique.

4 Likes

I don’t like the odds of getting more expansions after this African one comes out but if we’re lucky I could see them releasing a singular civ periodically if interest is still there and is financially viable to do so. The future of more content for AoEIIDE and AoEIIIDE hinges on if AoEIV is good or not.

But yes, AoEIIIDE has a lot of room for more growth. Hopefully the powers that be agree with us.

3 Likes

Honestly i don’t think we need that many more civs other than 3-4 African ones plus Persia. I would be fine with 20-25 civs.

2 Likes

We would still need Omani, Danes, Siam, Italians and Polish.
Not to mentions that I would like to see a civ that uses those Big Button upgrades in the files, than no other Native civ uses, something like Comanche or Apache.

2 Likes

Indeed African expansion is awesome :ok_hand:t2::ok_hand:t2::ok_hand:t2:
I’m dying for it , especially Ethiopians.

Relic will support AOE IV , so if we are lucky to receive African expansion soon (Q2 or Q3 2021) , I think its possible to get 1 more or maybe last DLC including some forgotten & most wanted civilizations set in Europe - ASIA or maybe natives including Persia - Italy - Poland & … in 2022 . It’s my only hope . I love this game & I will play it forever. :fist:t2::blue_heart::fist:t2:

2 Likes

Me too. I grew up with AoEII like many and even though it is set in a more interesting time period for me AoEIII is where my heart truly lays. Maybe it’s my age but I don’t get hyped for new games anymore, I’m content playing tried and true games with new content. I watched the Fan prevew not for AoEIV but for for new goodies for AoEIIIDE.

It is quite unfortunate AoEIII doesn’t get the love AoEII gets.

3 Likes

I only get hyped for non-Blizzard remasters, and expansions for old games, nowadays, too.

In fact, this phenomenon is becoming so common, the industry is calling it “the rise of the vintage gamer”.
I only ever want to play my good RTS and RPG games, anymore, and only buy games in their style.

Looking forward to Path of Exile 2 and Pathfinder: Warth of the Righteous, precisely because they play like old games I already know.
After that, only expansions to AoE games or TibSun/Red Alert 2 Remaster would get me hyped.

It has a much smaller playerbase, which means less customers, so it is a financially conscious decision to spend more effort in AoE2.
However, if the devs spend considerable effort in adding what the community actually want to AoE3 (the requested civs, more European units, Temples for Aztecs and Incas…) then this game may one day actually get to compete with AoE2, in terms of content.

2 Likes

If you remember steamdb
This is also possible :

They update it after african expansion & … :hugs::hugs:

1 Like

1199280 probably was just a closed alpha dev build, they first add DLC once they are pretty sure the faction will launch as we saw with the US and Africans.

that being said Isengaard did say the other day that they will continue to support AOE2 and 3 after the launch of AOE 4.

6 Likes

These are all predictions.
All we can do is just hope & wait to see some requested civs after african expansion :slightly_smiling_face:

3 Likes

My dream civs

Italians
Danes
Poles
Persians
Apache
Moroccans*

Not sure what other if any civs this African DLC will include other than the ones shown off in screenshots. I hope there’s a 3rd to make it inline with the older DLCs and to get a nice even number in 20.

4 Likes

That could mean just patches and events, though I hope I’m wrong.

while in theory yes i doubt they wouldn’t try to earn some money while they are at it.

Aussie drongo in his latest video talked about Gatling camel

There is an interesting AOE III Mod called King’s Return and gatling camel is a unique unit for Persian civilization

Very cool indeed :ok_hand:t2::ok_hand:t2::ok_hand:t2:

5 Likes

The Mughals took their Zamburaks from them, so in revenge, they deploy GATLING CAMELS!!!

But in all seriousnes, Gatling-mounted Camels did exist, though a little late for the time period.
If they keep adding so many newer weapons, they will have to reworks a lot of civs already in the game, like the Spansih, the Russians and the Germans, who are mostly stuck in the 30 Years War period.

2 Likes