Player units can be loaded onto friendly transport ships when no co-op games are happening

Game Version:

• Build: 38862
  • Platform: Steam
  • Operating System: Windows 10

Issue:

It is possible to board units onto allied transport ships (both light and heavy transport), even when cooperative games are not taking place. Once units have boarded the ships, they can no longer be retrieved. Ships will also try to get as close as possible to the units that were sent to board them.

Reproduction Steps:

Send any land unit towards an allied transport ship, pointing at it and using secondary click.

ATTACHMENTS:

Here is myself (blue player) playing an allied match with the AI (red player). Notice how I send my villagers to board both of its ships:

Expected Behavior:

Not being able to use the board/garrison/load command unless a cooperative game is taking place (where players on the same side can control units and decide what happens to them).

1 Like

I honestly don’t understand where there is a bug here. The player who owns the ship must also deploy the units. It has always been like this. Correct me if I have misunderstood something.

Many greetings.

Without having control over allied ships, the board mechanic is useless, since it means to lose all units involved (you cannot control the AI).

2 Likes

This function was always intended for co-op games. If you want to have full control over the ship, you have to build your own.

But that is not a bug :slightly_smiling_face:

I know, and as such it should be exclusive to co-op only modes. It’s a feature, but it wasn’t implemented correctly.

2 Likes

This is how it works in the original game as well, so it’s not really a bug. Boarding allied transports is intended, as in AOE2.

2 Likes