Please add pause button

Like Age of Empires ii, I really need to pause the microcontrollable button, even if it’s available in single player mode.I believe that there are also people like me, please reply to support, I hope developers can see.My English is not very good, please forgive me.

28 Likes

Has anyone figured out the pause hotkey at least for single player games / campaigns?

I can’t find it. And I dont mean pressing escape which brings up the menu.

4 Likes

I really need this feature, too

4 Likes

Also strongly agree with this point. Love single player campaigns on harder difficultly using pause to take a very considered and strategic approach.

Such a simple feature not to include this has to be a policy decision on behalf of the game makers that the only way to play the game is chaotic and stressy (presumably because they want us all playing multiplayer).

Shame they ignored the opportunity to cater to a wider group of players. Missed opportunity to give the game wider appeal.

8 Likes

I haven’t tried single player yet, but if you really can’t pause that is insane. You what, have to save and reload every time you go to the bathroom, answer the door, take a break to do anything?

1 Like

Please please, add back the tactical pause like in AOE 2 in single player.
I know that has been asked before, but I would like to add my voice.
I’m an old time fan, and not being able to pause the game to think and issue orders is very detrimental for me, near deal breaking.
If the game is more about how many APM also in single player, that’s not exactly my game.
I want to outsmart the cpu, not to “outspeed” it :stuck_out_tongue:
I like to sit back and relax, take my time to make decisions, “hand craft” my city, enjoy the details of buildings and units and so on.

I hope it gets added back in some update, at least like a feature to set.

9 Likes

I really really really need this feature :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

doesnt it pause if you press esc in 1 player?

1 Like

I Need to pause after operation unit command, like empire ii

Exactly, if you press esc you cannot move around the camera or issue orders :wink:

2 Likes

Nope, no, no no no no no no no no no no no no.

well it’s called Real-time Strategy, not Pause-time Strategy :grin:

3 Likes

Are you implying that AoE2 isn’t an RTS?

2 Likes

I guess im a bit to old for real time…! But maybe if it is just a feature to activate in single player (if you want) it may be an acceptable compromise :wink:

1 Like

nope, I’m just proving that some people can’t take a joke :wink:

In all seriousness though, they might be planning a ‘Tactical pause’ feature for a future update. After all, Relic introduced it in CoH3 for SP missions/skirmish.

1 Like

this seems like such a menial thing the devs could do with little effort. having a pause feature for single player doesnt impact the game at all, i see no reason why it shouldn’t of already been a feature.

i hope they add it for you OP.

5 Likes

Poe’s law and all-- But you had to try and prove that?

if anything, I proved Poe’s law wrong - even with unmistakable cues about my comment being a joke, it has been mistaken by some readers for a sincere expression of my views.

I would consider active pause as an accessibility feature.
Accessibility features are always good.

Pause is also nice for screenshots and stuff like that.

3 Likes

But you didn’t – The only reason notating with an Emoji doesn’t work anymore, is because so many people these days just throw in some stupid amount of emojis, just because. :heart_eyes: :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes: :money_mouth_face: :hugs: :kissing: :kissing_heart:

I don’t think it proves it wrong-- its just a clearer signifier is needed, such as “/s”