Please add pause button

Eine Pause Funktion wäre nicht gut, dann wäre das Spiel kein Echt-Zeit Strategiespiel. Viele Schreiben das AOE2 diese Funktion hätte. Ich hab diese noch nie gesehen!

As most of the players aware, Aoe4 came up with lots of new features, some of them added dynamic features which can be understood by the players but when it comes to Pause feature. I want to indicate that AOE games generally take around 20 minutes and this time can go up further, at the same time RTS games are one of the least tolerative games when it comes to ignore pause where people try to do their thing, you might need to look at the door or get a work call which can also be important than the game. After all, we are all humans and pause feature is more than a natural requirement for everyone. Hopefully devs will take the appropriate actions regarding this in the future because it’s more than a requirement to have pause feature in the game.

1 Like

Pause and orders in singleplayer, yes. Pause in multiplayer, no.

1 Like

Pause in multiplayer, absolutely yes, for many obvious reasons if you’ve ever played multiplayer RTS games before. This is a feature that should have been in the game since the pre-alpha phase. They should have never released the game without it.

1 Like

Every single RTS in history has had pause. And any game that derives from RTS has pause as well. [League of legends & Dota and any MOBA/RTS has it. This is any issue occurring weather it is game or outside the game.

I believe we should have a pause option no doubt

8 Likes

If you are at a reasonable level u can’t go afk for 15sec without having a huge disadvantage, at least 1 min pause for player its essential in my opinion. Another thing that should be added it’s reconnect possibility, when someone drops there should be a time frame for the player reconnect and in the meantime the player’s pause time gets automatically activated.

1 Like

I think this is probably the best bit-- except my games don’t last only 20 minutes-- they go for about an hour. I like doing treaty bits with my friends (honor code).

Gotta say-- a pause feature would be welcome.

And when Modding comes out-- Games might go on longer than that.

1 Like

I don’t know if any of the older AOE games had a pause feature… but little interruptions can happen that can ruin an ENTIRE game… you might need to go to the bathroom in the middle of a game, or someone comes to the door, or needs your help with something quick… PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE add a pause feature. Look at Starcraft 2. They call them timeouts, and each player has like 3 per game. Any player can resume the pause if the player is taking too long, or they don’t agree to wait, whatever… but at least give us the option to pause.

2 Likes

Yes, I don’t understand why the game doesn’t have a pause button, which is a little outrageous. Any game has a pause function.

The pause feature is also very important to me

We just need ways to easy multitasking and planning things when the situation is chaos. Most campaign players are not Maru or Serral…… I’m fine without pause function if there is a slowdown function to slow the game to 0.25x speed instead, when playing Rise of Nations I find that is similarly very useful.
Ironically, Rise of Nations is often falsely advertised by game vendors as “Age of Empires IV” in China back in the 2000s, so now it’s like the fake AoE IV has this function but the real AoE IV has not.

1 Like

This is seriously needed. I play multiplayer with my partner, and the fact we can’t get up and do things mid game because it cannot be paused is a terrible experience. I get why some people may be against it, especially in multiplayer, but please have the option to allow pausing within the individual game settings, if not for all matches, then only for private matches. As others have said, maybe allow the host to set the max time the game can be paused for, and set a buffer between pauses. So maybe options similar to these could be added:

MAX PAUSE TIME
Disabled
5 Min
10 Min
15 Min
30 Min
1 Hour
Infinity

PAUSE TIMEOUT
5 Min
10 Min
15 Min
30 Min
1 Hour
Infinity

This way, the host has full control over whether the game can even be paused, and for how long, meaning trolling would be kept down to a minimum.

I really hope this essential feature is added, as it would add a lot more playability and convenience to the game.

agree but not multiplayer

1 Like

Yes, it doesn’t need a group. Just one

Please add tactical pause for single player at a minimum, just like the other AoE games, and also the ability to pause while playing casual multiplayer with friends. Just adding my support for this idea, we need to keep being loud to make them add this.

2 Likes

It really needs a pause button different than the menu button.

Also, would be nice if the pause menu was accessible without deselecting unit. Kinda annoying to have a group of units selected then having to press esc twice (and losing the selected group with the first esc press) to access the option or save menu then having to reselect the unit you already selected but got deselected

1 Like

See ? Please add pause button - #21 by ANRO2013

That’s why it’s hard to think it was a joke, because some people actually share that opinion (hit that translate button)

Time is the most valuable currency in the world, if you can’t play, don’t waste my time and resign.

Thank you for your support! I really, really, really need this feature :pray:

1 Like

waste 1 hour for each 7 other people in TG game. Yes, the most valuable resources.
For the most important feature, because ur delivery guy bring some pizza.

Either u a troll, or multimillionaire with auto opening doors, or ur mom helps to open the door. Or may be u live in the house without the doors. I dont know. a lot of possibilities, but most people sometimes open the doors and answer the calls.

1 Like