Please add pause button

It is indeed strange for the dev to be radio-silent.

Adding active pause should be one of the easiest decisions for the dev to make, because:

(1) Adding this feature greatly improves some players’ gameplay experience without damaging any other player’s experience. This is NOT an “either/or” decision.

(2) Compared with balance issues which involve a lot of subjective judgment and require careful testing, the benefit of adding this feature is OBJECTIVELY clear and does not need any testing to prove.

(3) Relic has implemented this feature in almost all of their previous games, so there shouldn’t be any technical difficulties for them.

(4) Relic must have been aware of the benefit of this feature, because they have already implemented this feature in Company of Heroes 3, which is still in a pre-alpha stage. If they implement active pause in a game with LESS micromanagement, there is no reason not to add it in AOE4, which requires more micromanagement.

It has been a few months, it wouild be nice if they would at least acknowledge it is an issue. I was looking forward to this game for a year, and haven’t played more than 1 hour because I have been waiting for this accessability feature.

Edit: It looks like there was ONE comment early on.

2 Likes

I would like to add that I’ve basically stopped playing this game and wish I hadn’t bought it, mostly because of this missing feature and my causal play style, but also other features that are missing which are in previous age of empires games.

2 Likes

Stop asking for a feature that is soooo hard to code :sweat_smile:

1 Like

Why is it hard for Relic to code? Relic was able to do it in all of their previous games. They just did it in their most recent game Company of Heroes 3, which is still in a pre-alpha stage. And you are telling me that they cannot do it in AOE4?

1 Like

I think he was being sarcastic :wink:. It’s almost more work for them to NOT include it, as they have had it in all their other games

3 Likes

Please add it for multiplayer too, it is important for games with friends and I’ve seen it used plenty of times in past AoE tournaments.

3 Likes

So it seems no news on that front.
I must admit that I’ve not played anymore since my first post and I’m not going to play it unless this feature is added (because I hope that sooner or later it will be added).
I know that this is a case of “who cares”, but I really waould like to fully enjoy the game! :slight_smile:

4 Likes

same, mate. same. i played a few missions but pushed the pause button (hah) on my playthrough until this feature can be added. though now I’m weary that may never be, which is extremely unfortunate

5 Likes

I wouldn’t say this is a “who cares” feature. The post in the steam forum has had almost 200 posts.

2 Likes

This is great! The “who cares” part was more about with me stop playing the game :smiley:

1 Like

still wanting the DEVS to acknowledge an active pause request. please respond

5 Likes

For months, such a simple and necessary feature for a strategy game hasn’t been made yet.Age4 does not have the same functionality as Age2 and age3… :sleeping:

2 Likes

I think a pause button should only be available for single player.

1 Like

The custom colors have been updated. Can we consider adding pauses to single player games in the next step? I’ve been waiting for this feature. :smiley:

3 Likes

another huge update out. anyone heard a word from the devs yet about a simple single player active pause button yet?

1 Like

100% behind this. Could help my bladder from explosion some day…

2 Likes

I use the escape key

goback and read the posts again. esc cant do any of the things people are talking about

This wasnt added yet? :pensive:

1 Like