Please don’t nerf the tea export

nerf the goat and the Russian blockhouse , and reduce the 11 Changdao Swordsmen (III): Reduced to 10
17 Arquebusiers (IV): Reduced to 16
18 Changdao Swordsmen (IV): Reduced to 17
It is enough, please can’t kill a new gameplay and make the Chinese become a single ff civ

5 Likes

We said it from day number 1, that card is broken. And it was more than demonstrated in all the tournaments and ranked games, the card is too good. The nerf is more than justified.

11 Likes

If you want to nerf the tea export, then don’t nerf the Russian blockhouse , or restore the training castle units, otherwise the Chinese will have no resistance between 7:30ff.

In my personal experience, and from what I see in tournaments and ranked, both the tea card and the blockhouse must be nerfed yes or yes, the combination is unreasonably strong. The goat thing I can agree with. I reserve the comment about the castle units.

8 Likes

Here are my proposed changes

• tea export nerf - yes
  • blockhouse - keep the banner armies, remove the artillery, cost to 250
  • consulate - revert french consulate crates
  • goat no longer semi-fatten

The combination of tea export and Russian blockhouse is indeed very powerful, but as long as one of them is nerfed, the power of this game can be reduced, but if both are nerfed, this game has no meaning. I don’t like the current balance method of the production team, killing a new gameplay directly. Instead of letting this approach reach a relatively stable look, such as the African desert unit, just make this unplayable.

3 Likes

They should do the opposite; keep the artillery and remove the banner armies (except for the castle ones) to basically make it an extra Castle. That would make it so you’d still have to put down a War Academy in age 2. The Blockhouse would just give you extra defensive potential and the ability to train Flamethrowers and Mongolian Armies.

8 Likes

so why not just remove tea export and russian blockhouse, now they are nerfed to ground and useless
then what’s the meaning of tea export? just for fun? showing devs “we are working on so called new contents”?

2 Likes

I don’t understand why all the new content must be broken? And no, it’s not useless, it’s still a useful card, the same goes for the blockhouse. China was always a very strong civilization, but it is difficult to use. With the last few patches it became much easier to use, but now it’s much stronger. The high victory rates, the streams of pro players, or ourselves in ranked games we realize its power.
I say it again, the nerfs are more than justified, although as happened with dutch, in some aspects maybe they went too far.
But well, in short, China was the second most powerful civilization in AoE3, only surpassed by Lakotas. Now I’d say it’s A.

10 Likes

se caso o nerf for posto no jogo essa card de chá vai ser totalmente esquecida porque não terá utilidade nenhuma

2 Likes

In fact, Tea Export is not a very powerful card - it can neither make the Chinese first shipping become 3 villagers, nor let the Chinese build a bunker on the front base at the first time, like Russia. What’s more, in order to speed up the time of the attack, such as fight with Ethiopia, Chinese have to give up tea exports or northern refugees.

2 Likes

I support the blockhouse and the goat get a nerf,but why do u adjust the tea export card together.oh,man,that s a excessive and crazy decision.It make this card to arrive the ending.
chinese is really op now,but adjusting it to the previous eddition will be a better decision,or give it a compensatory buff.It s that adjust germany ally buff that 15% discount for banner cost to 20% discount like before.

2 Likes

In fact, only sheep and old monks need to be weakened

3 Likes

Training castle units in Russian blockhouse creat new gameplay. Nerf the goat enough.

Hausa and Ethiopia are always stronger than Chinese. Chinese is only a terrifying outbreak after FF, but its economy is really weak. On the contrary, Hausa and Ethiopia can always exchange troops with you, rely on their ultra-high economic advantages until you come into a depletion period. So what China should be weakened is the speed of FF (that is, the sheep), instead of the blackhouse that is more suitable for defense than attack.

Actually, the fighting capacity of Chinese in the commercial age is always weak

5 Likes

The best thing for nerf Chinese is to weaken the opening goat and the card burst after ff, not in age 2 nerf chinese, which will make the Chinese get killed by other rush civs in age 2. And the Chinese have no resistance at all.
tech_advance_to_regulars_icon_64
At the same time, the Chinese also have the weakest CM card in the whole civilization.If the production team insists on weakening the Chinese people, please strengthen the Boxers
hc_village_shooty
i think boxer and villages defenses should be turned into ONE card
Specific effects villages can call small packs of lrregulars and setries and town center attacak incteased ,lrregulars and sentries no langer lose hitpoints.

6 Likes

I support the Chinese nerfs. Having the ability to ff safely without affecting your shipment curve/ff timing was far too OP. Any build without the tea export card was already considered inferior, and not as an option as was intended. But feel they should still be allowed to train castle armies. Semi-fattened goat is fine too. Rest of the nerfs are in line with other civs.

I can finally play China again without feeling like a bully!

3 Likes

We are talking about China 1v1, not hausa or ethiopia.

On the other hand, I don’t understand the comparison. China has a very good eco thanks to the Russian consulate and the wonders. Most of the shipments give you a lot of army and the flags are cheap (time and costs). His soldiers scale well and if the civ isn’t pushed early game, it becomes a snowball. That is the weakness of the civilization, and the best (or perhaps only for most of the civs) to beat china.
With the Tea card and the blockhouse an initial push was impossible or very difficult. It is time for the Chinese mains to understand that China is wrong and changes are necessary.
The comparison with the Africans that you propose is very random.

3 Likes

tea export and blockhouse was too good, basically just guaranteed a safe age up to fortress.

3 Likes

just revert back the french consulate and allow castle banner armies and we are peachy

2 Likes