PLEASE REDUCE THE GAME PRICE FOR AOE4

A discount for those who own the previous games (or the Definitive Editions) would be really reasonable.

But that option and the 15$ price point are worlds apart of being reasonable.

4 Likes

I sound rude and i apologize.

But letā€™s be real itā€™s not like theyā€™re asking for a ton of money when you look at the market. Youā€™re going to play for a long time think about it. Itā€™s not that expensive if you look at it that way.

4 Likes

I agree 50$ instead of 60 would be reasonable for people who own the old games, but15 dollars in total is just a joke.

2 Likes

it seems in US it shows 70$ and here in South Asian dollar shows 20$. I guess thatā€™s where the confusion comes in. Iā€™ll fix it

I donā€™t know where is he from but I think I can explain what he means better. In US lowest salary is around 1200$. In his country around 1200 to 2500 Local Currency. And the game is equals to 200 to 400 local currency for him. Thatā€™s why he thinks itā€™s expensive.

3 Likes

From Bangladesh and you are right. You can say our situation is similar to Latin America. Where salary is very low compared to first world country counterpart. You can see pricing are very different compared to US counterpart.

3 Likes

Agreed, overpriced for an RTS imo

2 Likes

Oh, that explains it then. Usually, when in international forums people use the $ symbol means USD (Iā€™m not even from the USA but itā€™s the most common thing and Iā€™ve become used to it). Thatā€™s why we thought you were saying 15-20 USD, which would be unrealistically cheap.

Iā€™m european and itā€™s 60ā‚¬, tho, which at change itā€™s an insane price of 72$ (USD) for the standard version. The deluxe edition is around 97$ USD. Talking about overpricingā€¦ itā€™s like Iā€™m going to buy an expensive AAA PS5 game.

1 Like

They charge $20 where you are, geez they charged me $59.99, before tax

Currency situation in your country and my country is different. As far as I can tell 60$ may feel very cheap to you but here in my country it is like end of the world. 11
From what I mean to say is our salary is low and things are very expensive here. Our way of life is very different. Very few people in our country can buy game. Online marketing isnā€™t even available widely. People just buy very few selective game(like Rainbow Six, GTA V(before it was free on Epic), AOE2) once in a lifetime or just straight up pirates the game.

7 Likes

Thatā€™s what I thought, $60 is more then I have ever spent on a game but I basically only play aoe, bought stronghold warlord but got bored of it quickly,. So $60 doesnā€™t seem cheap to me but I donā€™t like to spend money frivolously :joy::joy:

3 Likes

I would like to pay more for a better gaming experience.
If this game really satisfy me, I donā€™t think the current price is a big deal.
Actually it is a standard price for most PC games.

1 Like

It is the standard price for most triple A games, not all PC games

1 Like

Here in Brazil the game is overpriced too.

AoE3DE main price = R$ 36,00
AoE4 = R$ 200,00 and deluxe for = R$ 265,00 ?
Am I a joke to you ? LOL.

7 Likes

4 new civs, 3 new campaigns. thatā€™s it. everything else existed before.

this DLC is giving us 2 new civs, 3 campaigns, and co-op campaigns as well.
are you seriously complaining about 10$ for new content? thatā€™s less then an hours work.

its still not very expensive man. 60-80$ is not a golden spoon. Iā€™m sorry, but if you can afford a computer, you should be able to afford a 60$ game.

a remaster of a game from over 10 years ago, cheap.
a brand new game with new assets, new gameplay and new in general. more expensive.
who would have thought?

let me guess you live in America or Europe.
Our situation is similar to Latin America. A single dollar is the end of the world here. There is a reason why Steam offer region based pricing. 60$ feels cheap for you but a 60$ is very expensive here and our country has low salary compared to rest of the world.
If devs donā€™t change the price they will miss a huge portion of fanbase. They will either pirate or stick with AOE2. Especially from South Asia, Latin America, Vietnam.

7 Likes

and yet you can afford to buy a computer good enough to play a game that is almost 100 gigs.

doesnā€™t mean the company who made the game should be ripped off on price because youā€™re somewhere else.
should they take a loss on sales to you because you can somehow afford a good enough computer that plays this brand new game, but canā€™t afford the game itself? youā€™re argument falls deaf on my ears because you can somehow afford a pc, but not a game.

a huge portion of the player base huh? the mass majority of people who play aoe 2are from europe, china and america. and it isnā€™t even close.

all areas with relatively minor playerbases, according to statistics, so donā€™t bother lieing.
but then again, you appear to be good at it.
you can afford a pc good enough to play this brand new 100 gig game, but canā€™t afford the game itself? i call bull. if 1$ was as big as you say it is where you are from, you wouldnā€™t even have the pc to play this game.

2 Likes

I see what your saying but $60 is a lot of money depending where you live

you know what else is a lot of money? a thousand dollar computer. donā€™t see him or you complaining about that. 60$ is the price of a brand new game in this day and age.

1 Like

Currently the fact is that people can take advantage of currency exchanges to buy the game at low priceā€¦ here in Italy the game costs 60 EUR, if we convert them into AUD are about 90 AUD, this thing is to avoid precisely that strong coins can buy the product at low price, and so the price is the same in all countries ā€¦ although I hope they somehow solve this thing.

1 Like