Plis nerf USA PLIS

Exactly that is what the vast majority are asking here, it is as if they opened an open pit mine near your home, and the company that is going to open it tells you "Are you really asking me not to build the mine? running and see if it really pollutes "

4 Likes

I agree. No need to play that civ to know they are beyond broken.
Idk how could someone think that 21 range skirmishers that can get even more range on age 4 and 5, 80 range warships on age 3 and free advansed arsenal upgrades should be a thing. Oh and also infinite minuteman that can keep their hp. And that is only a few of their broken “bonuses” because there many more on the list that I could writte a whole page on it.
So I guess asking a nerf is totally justified.

6 Likes

Well, in fact, despite the first impact that seeing that they have a bank at age 1, a factory at age 3, 2 tcs at age 2, and other things that may lead you to initially think that they are broken. the reality is that if you stop to study them as deeply as possible without having played them yet, what it seems is that it is not broken at all

1 Like

I would be fine with that if they would get only those things.
But on top of what you say they also get coin trickle from the churches which is even more than what a bank generates, ironclads on age 3 which are pretty much monitors ,skirmishers that have 21 range on age 3 and gain +1 range per age up so on late game these units will be totally broken, free advanced arsenal upgrades and a lot more.
Many of these things on their own wouldn’t make the civ op but they just shove all of that stuff on one civ which is ridiculous

2 Likes

Ironclads are better than Monitors, and USA can get 3 if they have the Hulks card and with an Imperial Age Up.
They also get a 25% chance to ignore all damage from any attack, with the Hulks card.
They can also get +60% damage with garrisoned Minutemen, and have 2 upgrade cards to increase HP.
One of their age 2 Age Up shipments also lets them train Ironclads in age 3.

Literally better than Monitors in every way.

2 Likes

Ffs. Who the hell designed this?
It sounds fantastic that we will have to deal with all of that on ranked now.

1 Like

This is the issue with almost all USA units (except the base Hussar, apparently). They just have heaps of stacking cards and effects, and USA can literally get shipmenst faster than Spain, so you either Rush them to death immediately, or outright lose to their vastly superior units in the mid-lategame.

4 Likes

You know the civ is beyond broken when the number of threads complaining about a civ that hasn’t even come out yet has surpassed the number of threads complaining about japan which has been in the game for more than 10 years

6 Likes

Hello there!, tired of explaining why somethings shouldn’t be in certain time?
Come and see friend!, forget about the fan service nonsense for a while
This civ has fought against 4 of the available civs (and many minor ones) since 1450 until 1760, including at least 3 revolutions and are still around

3 Likes

It’s not about the OP side of the civ, that is fine, almost all new civs in the “age of” franchise are released as OP, and then nerfed.

What made a lot of people frustrated is the ridiculous amount of unique aspects and features concentrate in just one civ. A civ that was already controversial for their introduction, and now play the part of the superior civ, strong, unique and one of a kind. The spoiled child of the game, and no one likes those.

I mean, the US alone have more unique features of the swedes and incas at the release of aoe3de, on top of the possibility of getting several unique features of the other european civs. I can’t even count how many they are.

Torps may have been OP at the release, but you can always reduce the radius, increase the cost, reduce the gathering rate and so on…

Instead what you can’t do is remove half of the features that the US have. You can tweak them a bit to balance it, yes, but the unique features will remain, unless you heavily re-design the civ, which is highly unlikely.

8 Likes

I don’t think many top players thought Sweden was weak when it first came out. In fact they thought the opposite cause of iron works and caroleans ability to charge non stop.

USA seems op cause of some of the features it has…but u have to realise a lot of.these features require for them to send a shipment first.

I’ve seen the streams of players using US civ. Doesn’t seem too lame atm and them struggling against other civs against players in the tier below.

Maybe the optimal build has not been found yet. That’s why I personally think its best to wait and reserve judgement

2 Likes

We can not use top players only as reference for balance due to most of players are not top players.

There are always different situation from Med/noob players and top players game.

1 Like

Yeah but those are easy to balance. When sweden was released it immediately became my favorite civ, because they have their 3 unique features (in line with other european civs) but they were balanced by a poor flexibility in units types.

What made the civ OP were torps and caroleans, and everyone knew that they would have been easily nerfed and rebalanced.

The US have a thousand of features and huge tech tree, and they can do a ton of things. Basically any unused civ-feature on previous civ was concentrated in just one civ.

This also worries players from another prospective. We know that african civs will come to the game, but after that, with some many unique features used on the US, player rightfully worries that there may not be anymore room for other civs.

Only time will tell this, but it’s hard to see it differently…

5 Likes

Don’t get me wrong, the meccanics of the US could open the road for a new kind of civ. Like the states age up meccanic is really well designed, and is one feature that could be used for future civs, like Italy and the HRE.

The problem is that an new age up and deck meccanic, a new kind of crates, the special minutemen and their UU were more than enough to make them unique. The immigrants too to some degree, but it already starts to be too much…

They don’t have to add the general too, the flag meccanic, the default factories, the ships buildings docks, the non-stop firing gatlig guns and so on…

Every civ in every dlc for this game has been extremely unique, starting all the way back with the warchiefs.

Not as much as US…

1 Like

the US get so many unique units tho to an extend where they quiet clearly are taking units away from possible future european civs, obviously its not impossible those faction still could have the units but either they would be shared or they would need a name change.

of the unique US units the only ones that really truly make sense are: state-militia, minute men and gatlingguns. honestly i think gatlings should have been their factory unit.

then there is the naval units, and oh boy, i guess it opens up future factions to have even more unique units esp ships then? sloop should be shared with other factions, and it is a bit much for them to have paddleships when everyone else have to do with galleons and carvels.

5 Likes

Perhaps we should start making more calls for European reworks? They always looked a bit shabby next to the Native and Asian civs but they had the defence that they were vastly different cultures from the base civs. Now the US has showed up with 10+ unique units where most base civs have two or three. One or two more unique units for the Europeans would be nice and some more interesting cards as well.

4 Likes

Yeah. Why should Spanish only have 2 UUs, when they can have 5, for example?
Why Ports get Organ Gun, worse than Falconet and only a 2 OG shipments, when USA gets Gatling Guns, with better cards and a 3 GG shipments?
Why Brits do not have a Unique Skirm that is better than the USA Skirm?
Why are European navies lower tech than USA navy?

They will have to completely redo all Euros, after this, because European civs had much better militaries than the USA did, in this period, by several orders of magnitude.

Add Magyar Hussars as an Industrial Age unit and Landwehr Fusilier for Germans, for example.
Add Swivvel Guns (upgrade into Sniper Cannon) to Ports.
Add Mangas as a Musketeer replacement with cuirass and a lot more HP for Spain.
Add better Mercenary systems to Ports, Ottos, Germans and Dutch.
Add Green Jackets Skirms and Mounted Grenadiers to British.
Add Registered Cossack Gunners to Russians, maybe as Outlaws with low pop cost.
Add Turkman Archers and Turkman Pikeman to Ottomans, let them train Sipahi.
Add Marinier Korps Infantry to Dutch as Musketeer unit.
Add Industrial Age ship upgrade to all European civs for at least the Caravel and Galleon (and rename Monitor to Bomb Ketch, while adding in a REAL Monitor, at least for British, Dutch and Portuguese).

At least these changes should be considered, and implemented.

If we get USA, then this should be what Industrial/Imperial Age Germans look like:

4 Likes

Wait I thought they could only have 2 factories in total? Like, you could equip all 3 cards but you’ll be limited to only send 2. Or can they actually have 3 factories in a game lmao.

2 Likes