Plis nerf USA PLIS

Well, now that the USA has them, and misses nothing for it, there is no reason why the Germans cannot have it aswell.
If we are going to throw balance out the window, it may aswell not just be for the USA.

With what little I played, I can only say that those machine guns are extremely broken, they eat both the cavalry and the infantry, and another thing that I did not like, are the shipments of uhlans and dragons. These arrive in fortresses, updated in imperial, and they only cost 500w and 500f, they should be updated only to their lowest level, at most veteran, and both cards should be worth 1000 gold at least, they are very cheap !!!

4 Likes

Any Artillery unit, by virtue of AoE damage, without reloading mechanics, will be broken OP.
You cannot seriously have a unit that constantly attacks with Area of Effect, at Range.

4 Likes

I believe, that if the shipment is sent that allows the machine gun not to be reloaded, at least put a possibility or 3 out of every 1 round in which the machine gun overheats or jams, as it would happen in real life, and be unusable for 2 or 3 rounds. And increase the costs of the letters of immigrants in general (preferably with gold), so that they adjust a little more to shipments of mercenaries and finally make these units have to be updated in the fort, that they do not update themselves!

I had the time to test this in Treaty and was pretty underwhelmed by its performance.
It does have a lower range than regular artillery and in practice, it actually stop attacking when it kills its Target and seems to take a good amount of time before it find a new target.
So it was rather micro intensive, especially if you want to avoid them targeting the cavalry frontline

I think youy mean the Legion shipments. not the immigrants.

I disagree. If teh USA wants to have shadow upgraded units from other civs, then at least give those units to the parent civs.
Like giving Magyar Hussars to Germans, on teh Stables, in the Industrial Age.

Why would you wnat to do that? Just have them fire at the closest cluster of targets, and watch them mow down everything.
Gatling Guns with Cofee-Mill card are actually great against Hand Cavalry.

The mass of units that needs to be killed is the Infantry in the backline, not the 10-15 hussars running loosely in your formation. But the important point is the main benefit of the card, no recharge time, is actually not that strong if you consider they stop attacking for 1-2 second between targets anyway.

They are obviously easy preys to culverins considering their low range.

Here are some of my ideas to buff the European civs to make them compete against USA late game and not make them too OP (mostly change about Unique church cards)

British:
Roger’s Rangers 2,400 coin: Ships 19 Roger’s Rangers (Guard Skirmishers) that can be trained at Forts but with 100% slower training time and 20% more expensive, automatically upgrade to Imperial at Imperial Age
The Black Watch 1,500 food: Ships 7 Black Watches (Highlanders with +5% hit points and damage) and unlock at Saloon (Tavern)
Volunteers (USA revolution homecity card): Existing and new Forts spawn 4 Revolutionary Sharpshooters and they can be trained at Forts but with 100% slower training time and 20% more expensive
French:
Imperial Old Guard (3rd grenadier card) 2,400 food: Ships 10 Old Guards (Guard Grenadiers) and allows them to be trained at Forts but with 100% slower training time (can be negated with Grenade Launcher homecity card) and 20% more expensive, automatically upgrade to Imperial at Imperial Age
Dutch:
Blue Guards 2,400 coin: Ships 24 Blue Guards (Guard Musketeers) that can be trained at Forts but with 100% slower training time and 20% more expensive, automatically upgrade to Imperial at Imperial Age
Waardgelders 1,500 coin: Ships 4 Waardgelders (Stradiots with +5% hit points and damage) and unlock at Saloon (Tavern)
German:
Zweihander (need a new name) 2,400 coin: Ships 7 Doppelsoldners and 5 Guard Musketeers from your homeland. In addition, all Doppelsoldner hit points are increased by 5% and Musketeers can be trained at Forts but with 100% slower training time and 20% more expensive, automatically upgrade to Imperial at Imperial Age (Musketeer only)
Polish Winged Hussars (homecity card): Ships 6 Winged Hussars (Guard Hussars with 10% more hit points and damage) and allows them to be trained at Forts but with 100% slower training time and 20% more expensive, automatically upgrade to Imperial at Imperial Age
Russian:
Bashkir Ponies 2,400 coin: Ships 12 Bashkirs (Guard Hussars) and allows them to be trained at Forts but with 100% slower training time and 20% more expensive, automatically upgrade to Imperial at Imperial Age
Kalmucks 1,500 wood: Ships 6 Kalmucks (Guard Dragoons) that can be trained at Forts but with 100% slower training time and 20% more expensive, automatically upgrade to Imperial at Imperial Age
Ottoman:
New Order Infantry 2,800 wood: Delivers 12 Nizam Fusiliers whose reformed drills make all heavy Infantry train faster and counter cavalry in melee combat more effectively and they can be trained at Forts but with 100% slower training time and 20% more expensive (can be negated with Egyptian Army Reform)
Egyptian Army Reform (Egypt revolution homecity card): Nizam Fusiliers now can be trained from Barracks, Forts and Galleons
Portuguese:
Order of the Tower and the Sword 2,400 coin: Ships 8 Order Knights (Black Riders with +5% hit points and damage) and unlock at Saloon (Tavern)
Besteiros 2,400 wood: Ships 18 Besteiros and unlock Royal Guard and Imperial upgrades but 20% more expensive (Papal Guard can reduce cost)
Spanish:
Royal Alabarderos 1,500 wood: Ships 9 Guard Halberdiers and allows them to be trained at Forts but with 100% slower training time and 20% more expensive, automatically upgrade to Imperial at Imperial Age
Wild Geese 2,400 food: Ships 7 Wild Geese (Harquebusiers with +5% hit points and damage) and unlock at Saloon (Tavern)
Swedes:
Gustavian Guards 1,800 food: Ships 11 Gustavian Guards (Veteran Halberdiers) that can be trained at Forts but with 100% slower training time and 20% more expensive, automatically upgrade to Guard at Industrial Age and Imperial at Imperial Age
Savolax Jaegers 1,500 wood: Ships 5 Savolax Jaegers (Jaegers with +5% hit points and Stealth mode); Upgrades Jaegers to Savolax Jaegers and unlock at Saloon (Tavern)

Some of them maybe too weak or too OP, so what do you guys think?

The issue with all of this is, Euros do not get Forts, most of the time, since the Explorers cannot build them natively, and Castrametration is not used.

I would rather just add some units to the regular buildings, but have them be very late units, available in the Industrial Age, for example.

3 Likes

Yeah maybe add them to regular buildings with or without penalties is still better than forts.
AI can’t train them effectively (I tried modding and British AI keep spamming Skirmishers), so i can’t think a better solution

There is also the issue that many of them are unneeded, like Sweden and Spain do not really need Halbs.
They should just rework Euro civs a bit, to give them more unique units.

1 Like

USA basically have 3 Unique Techs in their Capitol:
Food tech = Increases Building HP
Wood Tech = Reduces Wagon costs
Gold Tech = Reduces Age Time and give XP

It would be fun if they includes some Unique Techs to all civs. For Europeans, the Capitol would at least be more unique. Right now, it is pretty boring with everyone else only having the same base techs there.

4 Likes

True, it also would be an extra incentive to get to age 5 and use your capitol

lol i test USA they no are op lose easy for much civis, the economy soooo slow 21

Factory in age3 and bank is broken OP because they can just camp in their base and not care about getting map control with a fort and yeah, gatlings are op as well.
Age3 factory defeats the purpose of going to Industrial Age.

4 Likes

I didn’t got the civ yet. I’m currently doing the challenges. But I saw some games of Aussie Drongo on his steams and got the same impression. They don’t have villagers shipments, and their economy takes a while to reach the maximum potential.

Kind shows the ridiculous overeating that some people was having, asking to nerf a civilization when it wasn’t even released, and now US doesn’t even seen that overpower. :sweat_smile:

This is actually a terrible nerf. These units are used for timing attacks with the heavy canon shipment or to defend from an enemy timing when u hit industrial.
Similar thing for the stradiots.

Well, they do get free industrial age too

Yeah, but it takes a while for the US gets to this point. And they seen pretty fragile on the early game. Also dutch will have about 4/5 banks at this time of the game, and that’s its a 14 coin per second trickle, against the 9.9 for the US bank and factory, and this is counting the factory upgrade. And dutch is not considered a overpowered civ, quite the contrary. So, no those trickle are not broken OP.

Here two games that I watched recently. Take a look on they when you have time, and see how fragile US seems on the early game:

(This last one there is a game about 56:15)

Again, I didn’t play the civ yet, but it’s does not seem nowhere near as overpowered as people where expecting it would be before actually seem how the civilization plays out.

U didn’t count that the church can also provide a massive coin trickle which is even higher than the banks

3 Likes