POLL: AOE 1 graphics into ROR?

Sargon (infantry)

Sargon (mounted chariot)

Pyrrhus

Yes, the heroes of Return of Rome have the icons like those of AoE 2…

5 Likes

Is there one for Trajan?

1 Like

There is no Trajan unit.

1 Like

That’s very strange…considering that Sargon and Pyrrhus have them, do you have Hadrian, but not Trajan?

1 Like

Not sure why, there are a bunch of AoE2 campaigns that don’t have a hero unit but it’s still unusual.
The only one I can think of right now is Montezuma.

1 Like

It’s still weird, for some reason I think that Trajan’s campaign was the first campaign to be done and since most aoe 1 campaigns don’t have heroes, well I think it would be that’s why it doesn’t appear as a unit, the other is that it was the last campaign to be carried out and they did not have time to put Trajan as a hero…

1 Like

Its overall shoddy how not even major historical figures like Alexander, Julius C, Ramses, Hannibal, etc don’t have unique skins.

1 Like

Saladin, Genghis Khan and Barbarossa don’t have a unique skin either and their campaigns are still in the game.

No idea why they haven’t changed those yet.
Attila got a unique model in the Definitive Edition.

Shoddiness. Even Pope Leo. Why no Pope skin.

Yes, in AoE 2 and AoE 3 at least all the historical figures have skin (although at the time Andrew Jackson was simply called “American general” xd)…

No, but at least they have unique icons and appear in the editor…

Saladin is a cavalry hero in Age of Empires II HD: The Forgotten . Being introduced later, he naturally never appears in his campaign. He also doesn’t appear in the Barbarossa campaign where he appears as an antagonist in the final scenario, although in the Definitive Edition , he is given a line of dialogue addressing Barbarossa’s soldiers. Outside of the campaigns featuring Saladin, his unit appears in several scenarios and is available in the Scenario Editor.

In-game, he is represented by a Mameluke. As a hero, he cannot be converted and can regenerate health.

Genghis Khan is a mounted archer hero available only in the Scenario Editor and the Crucible scenario of his campaign, where he cannot be controlled by the player. Genghis Khan is portrayed as a Mangudai, albeit with higher armor, attack and health. He is one of the strongest heroes in the game. As a hero, he cannot be converted and can regenerate health (since The Conquerors ).

Frederick Barbarossa is an infantry hero in Age of Empires II HD: The Forgotten . As he was only introduced in The Forgotten , he never appears in his campaign, Barbarossa, even in the Definitive Edition . He is depicted as a Teutonic Knight with better stats and is only available in the Scenario Editor. As a hero, he cannot be converted and can regenerate health.

Pope Leo I , also known as Saint Leo the Great (c. 400 - November 10, 461 A.D.) was a Roman aristocrat and leader of the Catholic Church in the mid-5th century A.D. He is depicted as a hero Monk in the last scenario of the Attila the Hun campaign in Age of Empires II: The Conquerors , where Attila must meet with him to discuss the abandonment of his invasion of Italy. He is also available in the Scenario Editor.

Pope Leo I is affected by all upgrades and bonuses that affect Monks. As a hero, he cannot be converted and can regenerate health. In the Definitive Edition, he cannot pick up Relics: in prior versions, a glitch will turn him into a regular Monk on picking one up.

At least it looks good, right?..

2 Likes

Why no skins too, only icons…

2 of the heroes have unique skins.

Yea, need unique skins for the Hero units as well.

2 Likes

Cmon, let’s see what the majority wants.

I guess this is very likely to happen over time like they have done with most of AoE2 heroes.

Would be nice, but I prefer that they first bring the essential elements of AOE1 and then work on the extra stuff.

Bump, let’s see what the people want.