Poll (are you buying the game)

already preordered, (after the beta was BEFORE Gamescom) but will refund if the zoom level isnt satisfying for me.

I usually know from seeing if I like a game, but in the trailers they zoomed out way more than in gameplay vids it seemed to me.

3 Likes

is it a soft launch though?

For the modding community and the scenario editor users, maybe yes (not sure if age 3 had a scen editor)

However, from the definition the game wont be a ā€œminmum playableā€ it will be a fully fledged age game with campaign, MP and S modes, so the main gameplay is far more than there.

However I see how either fans of the missing features may see it as soft launch.
I would not call it that. its rather a ā€œcontent creation DLCā€ coming later. But if you had to pay for that, you would be pissed :smiley:

4 Likes

I think you overlooked a minor option. the game is going to be on Xbox game pass on release therefore if you have the subscription you can get aoeIV at no extra cost from the Microsoft store which is the option Iā€™m going. With.

3 Likes

i love Aoe 4 and i already pre-ordered one, iā€™m just waiting for release :slight_smile: Great Game.

5 Likes

Already pre-ordered. Will keep the game even if they change nothing from the beta. Iā€™d like there to be changes, but it wouldnā€™t be the end of the world for me if there are little to no changes. Itā€™ll still give me hours of fun. I love the art style. Itā€™s very impressionist in character.

3 Likes

Iā€™m feeling very similar to your situation, preordered but might refund. If they do an open beta right before launch and I discover they havenā€™t increased the zoom at all, I will probably refund too. I will read all the patch notes after release and wait to buy when zoom is finally addressed or modding can fix it. My patience will be rewarded by buying when discounted. I really love the zoom levels in AoE2:DE and hope the make this game very similar.

3 Likes

Iā€™ll be buying this next year . I donā€™t want to have the stress of learning a new game as I have many other things to do .
Moreover this game would not be having scenario editor and mods at launch which is kinda dumb .

It has one .
But itā€™s kind of terrible and I hate it .

2 Likes

It is the same as buying it, it just takes a few months to pay for it.

1 Like

The product needs to be launched as a finished one and not like Windows 10 the unfinished one, as I personally donot like a product an unfinished completely reliant on updates. When it comes to sales thats a very risky move, Windows can do that because they dominate and monopolize literally 80 to 90% of the software market, but AoE may not because it may not dominate the market share of all rts games. Feedback doesnā€™t matter most companies have their online feedback forum, whether they launched an finished or unfinished product.

$60USD or even $100 AUD is nothing if you can get hours upon hours of entertainment.
Just go without junkfood for a few daysā€¦ cut down on coffee.
Politicians who donā€™t deserve it , get alot more of your money in the form of tax , so on and so forthā€¦
$100 for a game dedicated for enjoyment and iā€™ve played the beta, iā€™m even itching to play it again, started messing around with Agey2 DE Co-Op Campaigns.

1 Like

If.

20 characters is lame. If the Spartans can answer in one word so can we.

2 Likes

Reduce the number of dates with girlfriend, or can save money for a meal, the money saved can be used to buy games. Why not buy itā€¦ :star_struck:

1 Like

Where itā€™s the ā€œmaybeā€ option on poll? :sweat_smile: :joy:

Iā€™ll wait for the next Beta to decide if I buy. If the problems are not fixed I will not buy.

Why not ? [Char Lim]

I think because if you do, the high expectations created by the brand mean that everyone who plays the previous games will want to try it when it releases, but if it is lacking key and desirable features, then most of them will likely leave. Then the game will have a hard time building the player base they need, even if they do eventually add those features.

3 Likes

And that is not an option with the development cost of such games.

Very much true, if they went for this kind of release, and it failed, they likely would run out of funding to fix it, or more importantly, improve AoE2. Yes, Iā€™m biased, but it doesnā€™t really change the fact.

1 Like

AoE2 is not that important to me anymore after playing AoE4. I just really want the game to succeed as it felt so refreshing after all these years of AoE2 :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

6 Likes

Sure, I kind of see AoE4 as an exploitable feature for AoE2. My logic: If all the pros and most of the AoE2 player base goes over to check out AoE4, even for a few weeks, I will try and push a couple of hundred elo while they are gone.

2 Likes