[poll] Cosmetic DLC

Not really, the trade cart drivers look more like merchants than villager units

Hey, they look really good. I always enjoy these kind of concept art works.

i have to disagree. I think they look perfectly fine for villagers. (the european [original] trading cart driver is the villager model). It feels like the other trading dudes were meant to be something like regional villagers. I mean look at the asian and american cart drivers. They would be perfect for villagers. (it’s just my opinion)

8 Likes

The European villagers need to be changed. An Indian villager model should be added too. And one for nomadic civs. The AOE4 villie models could be a guide

1 Like

I would be extremely excited to see a more culture-friendly cosmetic pack in Age of Empires II. I really like the immersion, even in strategy games.

There was a similar mod in the HD version which was excellent. But I haven’t found a good mod in the definitive edition (probably because models are more complex).

I’m willing to pay for a DLC if necessary :money_with_wings: Although, a Free-LC would be a nice gift. :hearts:

7 Likes

I propose a 4 brand new European Villagers skins:

1. Northern European
  2. Central European
  3. Mediterranean
  4. Balkan

Currently European Villager skin is good for Eastern European civs.

1 Like

Going shirtless in the russian winter is a good idea?

Why not?

@MatM1996 well noted. I really didn’t remember that the other aoe’s had unique villagers, it would have helped a lot.

@Skadidesu glad you liked it.
I agree with making exceptions to better fit certain civs, but I’m afraid this is reason to ask for unique skins of all units for each civ. I’m not against it, but I think regional skins would be enough.

@Gaudio3342 Thanks. I like it a lot too, especially the architectural sets. The unique styles that each people in the world have developed enchants me so much.

A while ago I thought about making sets for Ethiopians and other African civs in case of an expansion, but I realized how difficult it really is, which made me appreciate the game’s graphic work even more. Here are some examples:

sketch-1680885580457

sketch-1680891067117

I intend to improve them and if it turns out good, I want to make one for the incas, celts/vikings and east asians.

10 Likes

LOL, almost everyone “yes” to everything.
I’m all for most, but I would not be so sure for the Generic “Unique Unit” skins. I think it will be too confusing, & given the fact I do want about +10 more specific civs, I think it will start becoming difficult: I stick to simple unit regionalization.

LOL, change that to a double. What could go wrong beyond breaking the entire game?

That looks really really good

Yes,unique villagers is the norma since AoM

Gondarine architecture maybe it’s a little late for AoE 2 chronology
the AoE 2 Ethiopia ends its cronology in the reign of Gelawdewos (1540-1559)

thats not good enough only 5 different trade carts

we need more man

yes, but it would be a good foundation

It would be neat if they added regional farm variants.

7 Likes

Maize, millet, rice, wheat, barley plus vineyards and sugarcane stands.

1 Like

Honestly given the amount of silly and useless “seasonal” skin mods the devs make like Penguins and polar bears and elephants that look like dinosaurs, I wish they would put that time and energy into actually making unique regional skins

9 Likes

despite the fact that i can understand the idea of little ‘‘fun’’ season ‘‘things’’ to have something new from time to time i’m absolutely with you. I was wondering all the time why they put work into penguin knights and rolling xbox towers instead of things like regional unit skins, unique castles, more architecture sets etc

6 Likes

Exactly. What’s even more frustrating is that they sometimes make actual cool skins for these seasonal mods but then get rid of them after all the effort they must have put into them. Like there was one a while ago where they turned Mongol houses into yurts. It was great. But then once the season was over it was gone. Like wtf??? Why would you get rid of something like that??? Right now they have this unlockable skin that turns one of the swordsman (Longsword? Two-handed sword?) into a Xolotol warrior version. This would be awesome for the meso civs to replace the European swordman line and they have already made the unit. So why not just use the F’ing thing.

8 Likes