[Poll] How often do you use Alt-f4 in ranked? Please don't click unless you will vote

You know you can’t say that for sure because you don’t know how many accounts people have? If sb likes to play campaign but only does it with his main account while he has 4 smurf accounts for multiplayer…it would still be only 20% accounts playing campaigns even tho 100% players are playing the campaign, because who would play campaigns with more than 1 account?

Especially with the 13212321 asians smurfs these numbers mean nothing

But that is what you said yourself:

Anyway, no point arguing about words, my point is to make it clear that what you call a “small minority” is in fact 35% of people. People can decide whether they find this misleading or not, for me it is, but maybe it depends on people.

I have no idea why you bring democracy in such debate. If I made a poll to remove Megarandom from ranked, and 51% people turned out to reply “yes”, and when you argued against that I told you that you are trying to violate democracy, what would you say?

Democracy does not mean, at all, that the majority of people have more weight by default. It does not even mean that the majority of people decides who will represent them, because, in almost every country, the number of voters are much less than 50% of the population. If democracy meant what you said, there would be no rich people, because the richer 49% would have to give all their money to the 51% others (something the majority would strongly agree with). The decisions are rarely taken because of people count, there are clear examples where the majority wish was not respected because it made no sense and would end up being detrimental.

Employment is a clear example where your reasoning does not work. Employed people pay a significant amount of taxes for unemployed people. Thus, employed people whould gain more income if there were less taxes, and since they are the majority, if you would make a poll across both employed and unemployed people “Should the unemployment taxes decrease”, the majority would likely say yes.

You said that a minority shouldn’t benefit from something at the expense of >51% people. That’s clearly not the case with employed/unemployed people and shows there are much more important variables that matter. Similarly, everyone sacrifices queue times in the current system because it’s just the only way to not alienate the 35% other people.

This is the only sane solution while the devs implement a proper matchmaking system. You can’t have a system work where you label 35% of its users as selfish and try to prevent their wish with unreasonable limits (having to alt-f4 is already a serious limitation for them). The best case scenario is that the 35% people will leave ranked, that will worsen queue times but should overall be not too bad, the worst case and much more likely scenario is that the 35% will continue using Alt-F4, probably intentionnally even more than before, and will find a variety of systems to circumvent the penalty that are undesirable such as smurfing or intentionally throwing games.

Because statistics are not additive ? You can’t look at “1v1 statistics” then “TG statistics” and take the average. Some people alt-F4 in TGs and do not alt-F4 in 1v1, so they will vote yes for one poll, and no for the other, but they still are Alt-f4’ers. As shown here, only the 3rd poll captures the total number of people who Alt-f4.

Honestly haven’t realized it until you pointed it out. I can not explain the vote count mismatch, but the percentage mismatch is because of what explained above, some people alt f4 in TGs and not 1v1. The count mismatch for 1v1 is surprising but 35% is very likely still the more correct value because it aligns with the count in the previous poll (32% right now, more votes, made days ago and explictly asked if people alt-f4).

1 Like

Small minotity is 1 in very 3 players? In a 3v3 thats 2 players not interested in being there. Its pretty significant and it should be addressed by the devs because if you cant even get 5 out of 6 players to agree to the settings of the game they all decided to queue for, than there must be something wrong!

1 Like