[Poll] Mythologies you would like to see implemented in potential expansions? (If DE or a sequel ever comes out)

Well, we already have Greeks, Greeks 2 (Atlanteans), Egyptians, Norse and Chinese

Choose 3: (Feel free to rank or discuss them in the comments)

• Another East Asian Mythology (Japanese, Korean)
  • A Mesopotamic Mythology (Sumerian, Canaanite)
  • A Mesoamerican Mythology (Aztec, Maya)
  • An African Mythology (Kongolese, Yoruba)
  • Slavic Mythology
  • Persian Mythology
  • Celtic or Irish Mythology
  • Hindu “Mythology” (That one might be controversial because it’s a widespread modern religion)
  • Another one (Comment below)

0 voters

13 Likes

My top picks would be Mesoamerican, Mesopotamian, and West African (keep in mind that Egyptian mythology is already African, specifically from the northeast corner of the continent).

1 Like

Japanese, Korean and Indian Mythologies.

2 Likes

I voted for African, then Mesoamerican, then Mesopotamic if I were to rank them. Though instead of Mesopotamic I’d also be happy with other options. Celtic and Slavic could be very fun. Wonder if the latter would get compared to Witcher a lot, though.

Polynesian mythologies could be fun too, quickly googled to see that Māori have a family tree of gods and such as well. After all, isn’t Mana that we all know from RPG games taken from Māori language?

1 Like

I know it will never happen but I really wish we would get a christian faction, with archangels for the big three and angels for the age-up deities.

Sumerian, because it’s still ancient and has so much lore to explore. Aztecs just seems ‘eh’.
Followed by probably Japanese, tons of stories and myth things to do with that.
I feel like they’re making picking it because it’s simply top of the list, not because there aren’t equal choices.

1 Like

Another one (Comment below)

Inuit.

Oh man, I should have included Polynesian!

I mean, a lot of Chrisitan stuff comes from other mesopotamic myths

Turkic
Chinggis khaanii Magtaal - Batzorig Vaanchig on Make a GIF

5 Likes

I would personally pick Aztec and Japanese ones, to me makes sense in the AoM world where the Continent of Mu would be as real as Atlantis. Could also more to this idea like Polynesian tho, never gonna said “no” to more content.

4 Likes

Canaanite got you covered with Seraphims, at least

4 Likes

I’ve already thought about it. I can imagine having judaism, christianism and islam in a single ‘‘monotheistic culture’’, each one with their own version of God. Minor gods would be angels and demons. Sadly, I don’t think it’s gonna happen.

I find it difficult to find at least 10 unique mythical monsters from a specific African mythology. Should really consider this before voting imo. Maybe someone should help out?

1 Like

Slavic mythology having this few votes tells me that people don’t know much about it.
Let me just show few of Slavic myth creatures:

South Slavs:
Beda

Drekavac

Bukavac
Bukavac

čuma > baba roga
Cuma
Baba Roga

Vampir

Psoglav

Todorac
Todorac

Ala

East Slavs:
navi
Navi

alkonost > gamayun

vodyanoy

bies
Bies

baba yaga
Baba Yaga

rarog > zhar ptica
Rarog
Zhar ptica

zmey gorynych

West Slavs:
skrzak

rusalka
Rusalka

vila poludnica > vila polnoćnica

dziwozona > likho

Likho

strzyga

leshy

liczyrepa

Obviously some creatures overlap for all Slavs, but i needed to group them somehow.

Just something to consider during voting :wink:
There are many more btw!

13 Likes

The traditional of the Yoruba features a lot of Orishas (Gods) in the traditional religion of the Yoruba. There’s several hundreds of them. Just a few after a quick internet search based on the German Wikipedia article on that topic: Orisha – Wikipedia :

Olodumare:

Picture gets censored for some reason :frowning:

Obatala:

Yemaya:

Eshu:

Shango:

Oshun:

I found some kind of spirits too:

Abiku:

6 Likes

North American. I’d like to see the Lakota and Haudenosaunee get included. They’re in AoE3, let’s see a more fantastical take on them.
(Spoiler: the Lakota in the Divine Edition have a lot of unique and funny things going on.)

3 Likes

Babylon, Africa and Persia

9 Likes

Japanese, Korean and India.

2 Likes

Expand the Greek (and the others)